Valentine's day 2007 (Japanese Translation)

Japanese language

Moderators: Renate, Motoko, Management

Valentine's day 2007 (Japanese Translation)

Postby Motoko on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 3:33 am

http://www.andreabocelli.com/2006/valen ... tings.html

Dear Friends,

It's been a long time since my last appearance on the web site. I know you follow me everywhere and I can feel you close thanks to the web site. I read your mails and I treasure all your comments.

I have decided to appear again to celebrate Valentine's day as I believe that Love makes the world go round. It is a very important celebration. On this note, you may recall that last year I have released a record called "Amore" and I would like to thank you again for your appreciation.

I made a promise to myself that I will appear more often on this web site that allows me to have a direct relationship with you, as I really enjoy it.

Thank you!

親愛なるみなさん

ウェブサイトに最後に現われてから随分と時間が経ってしまいました。このサイトのおかげで、みなさんがあらゆるところから支援してくださっているのがわかり、みなさんを近くに感じることができます。みなさんからのメールを読み、すべてのコメントを大切に感じています。

愛が世界を動かす、という私の信条から、バレンタインデーを祝福するために、またやってきました。それはとても大切なお祝いです。昨年「アモーレ」というディスクをリリースしたのを思い出されるでしょう。みなさんからの暖かい評価に再び感謝したいと思います。

このウェブサイトにもっと頻繁に出てこられるようお約束します。みなさんと直接関わることができ、そのことをとても楽しんでいますから。

ありがとう。
Motoko

Postby Setsuko on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 4:42 am

Motokoさん、翻訳ありがとうございます。
本当に久しぶりのメッセージ、嬉しく読ませていただきました。映像では見られても、やはり直接アンドレアからのメッセージは、また感動が違います。忙しいのに、いつも私達の事を考えてくれていてとても嬉しいです。

Setsuko
Setsuko

Postby Sherlock on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 11:56 am

Nope.

Don't think I can add anything useful to that.
Sherlock

Postby Michelle on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 12:46 pm

Of course, I'm sure your message (and this one) are now appearing as a row of small white squares on Japanese screens...
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Sherlock on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 1:21 pm

Oh, dear.

What will they make of it...?
Sherlock

Postby Michelle on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 1:41 pm

I'd build a castle. But that's just me.
Michelle

Postby Sherlock on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 2:05 pm

Enough!

We really should not be trespassing here.

(Can it have lots of turrets...?)
Sherlock

Postby Michelle on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 3:07 pm

We need circles and triangles for that.

Ok, enough. I'm outta here!
Michelle

Postby Motoko on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 3:39 pm

We can read your English, too. :D If you don't have a double-byte Japanese character set in your PC, it cannot display Japanese properly. :wink:
Motoko

Postby Michelle on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 5:24 pm

Thanks Motoko!

Even if you can read the above silliness, I doubt it makes any sense!
Michelle

Postby Juliet01 on Thu 15 Feb, 2007 6:17 pm

Hello, Motoko.

I can only apologise for my cousin!

:oops:

If you saw this tall man striding towards you, it's more than likely that you'd think you were about to encounter an adult. But I'm afraid you'd be quite wrong. He's an overgrown child.

There is some sort of genetic glitch in my family: whole swathes of my relations simply never grew up, including Sherlock, Darcy and my brother. Luckily, the three of them married adults, or we'd all be forever playing in the kindergarten.

Now, Michelle, dear: you know it's no good encouraging him. Give him an inch...

Just ignore him, and hope he goes away.

Is there an artist in the house? I'd like someone to make me a flashing neon sign which I can attach to my person, which reads, "I apologise for my cousins...I apologise for my cousins...I apologise for my cousins..."
Juliet
Juliet01

Postby Motoko on Fri 16 Feb, 2007 1:15 am

Never mind, Juliet! :wink: Welcome to the Japanese Forum, Juliet, Sherlock and Michelle!

Maestro Bocelli and Mr. Ballanti were kind enough to make a place for the Japanese fans to be able to read these translated messages and exchange our thoughts in Japanese. :D
Motoko

Postby Sherlock on Fri 16 Feb, 2007 10:53 am

Hi, Motoko!

Thank you for welcoming us into your thread, and for taking our joke in good part. I suspected that you were fluent in English and could read our messages without having to catch that Babelfish in a net (as I imagine did Michelle), so hoped to amuse you.

Your thread is always so alluring: all those beautiful and mysterious words.

You know what it's like: a door stand half-open to a fascinating and graceful land, filled with magical characters, and you simply have to enter; even if you haven't a clue what to do when you get there!

As to growing up: who would want to do that? Children are so much more fun than most adults, don't you think? Besides, if I grew up, Julia would have to stop mothering me, and she LOVES mothering anyone who will allow it!

When Darcy was at school, her class was given a "Japanese Project", which required each of the pupils to research into the Japanese way of life and produce a book with drawings, photographs and text. In her usual fashion, Darcy threw herself wholeheartedly into this venture and filled the house with library books on Japan.

She discovered an exquisite book, brimming with Japanese words, together with the English translations, so was then able to head each section of the project with a Japanese symbol - i.e. "Agriculture", "Religion", etc. - rather than the English word. Since she draws very well, she produced this beautifully (and loved doing it), accompanied by apt little illustrations.

The teacher who set the task was English but had spent many years living in Japan, so you can imagine how delighted she was with these headings, which she could easily read. The rest of the book was filled with Darcy's text (which all had to be carefully hand-written, in those days: no short- cuts allowed!), plus photographs and more illustrations, and really was a delight to behold. Even as a lad, I remember being impressed with it (although it annoyed me, a little, at times, when she preferred working on it to playing with me!). Darcy was given the prize (a splendid fountain-pen) for the best project.

Whenever I enter this thread to look at your beautiful characters, I remember that project!

I look forward to further exchanges, Motoko, and to continuing to gaze in wonder at that glorious Japanese writing.

With very best wishes.
Sherlock

Postby Setsuko on Fri 16 Feb, 2007 1:42 pm

Hello, Juliet, Sherlock and Michelle! That's all right!

We'll welcome you to our Japanese Forum.

Setsuko
Setsuko

Postby Michelle on Fri 16 Feb, 2007 2:14 pm

Thankyou Setsuko!
Michelle

Postby Juliet01 on Fri 16 Feb, 2007 5:15 pm

Yes, thank you, Setsuko: both for your kindness and your tolerance!
Juliet
Juliet01

Postby Motoko on Sat 17 Feb, 2007 3:56 am

Sherlock wrote:Your thread is always so alluring: all those beautiful and mysterious words.

You know what it's like: a door stand half-open to a fascinating and graceful land, filled with magical characters, and you simply have to enter; even if you haven't a clue what to do when you get there!

Now I understand you can see these Japanese characters and words. :wink: I wonder how many of you Westerners can see Japanese on this Japanese Forum.

I learn English and Italian and I do these translations by myself struggling with Japanese :!: It is completeley different from your languages and it is difficult and complicated to us Japanese people, too. We manage both Chinese characters and our own characters in writing.

If Darcy sees these Japanese characters, does she remember something about them? I pray for her speedy recovery.

Motoko
Motoko

Postby Sherlock on Sat 17 Feb, 2007 12:11 pm

Thank you so much for your kind wishes for Darcy's recovery, Motoko. I shall most certainly pass them on to her.

I doubt she will remember how to reproduce or "read" any of the Japanese symbols, now, unfortunately, for that project was assembled a long time ago! But I know she tremendously enjoyed creating it.
Sherlock

Return to Japanese Forum