Sarah Brightman

Discussions about Canto

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby panzarella on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 4:02 am

Boots,

Sarah is beautiful and I hope Andrea and Sarah are good friends. Remember Boots. I am the one who likes Sarah Brightman! I think she is great! And I guess if Andrea don't mind then why should we , right?
Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog.

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Brittany Bowman on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 4:40 am

Don't hate Sarah because she's beautiful. Besides it appears to me that Andrea started it. Hahaha!!!!!!!!

HA! Trust me Boots, I do not hate Sarah, I just cannot watch the two performing together without cringing. Personally, I think Andrea might have liked the contact. First of all he is a man (lol), second of all it doesn't seem to make him uncomfortable when she strokes his face, so its fine really. It is just that I cannot watch their performances comfortably. Sarah does come from the school of theatrics, so I guess gestures such as the ones she does, are to be expected.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby Michelle on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:01 am

I've seen Sarah quite a bit on UK tv, and she acts like that with every man I have seen her perform with - not just Andrea.

I must also beg to differ about her being able to sing many different types of songs. Well, ok she can sing different styles, but she does not sing all styles well - some genres just do not suit her voice: soul and rock for example. Any Uk members who saw the tv show 'It Takes Two' recently will know what I mean. But she does have a sweet voice, and does the soprano-musical very well!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby kaycarley on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 12:21 pm

You will be too young to remember her in her"dancing days " Michelle but may have seen her. She always reminds me of Kate Bush if you know her. I think that she is a "performer" rather than dancer or singer. Musicals are probably her metier[where are those accents}. Whatever you think of her, as i have said elsewhere. her duet with Andrea certainly helped his career. I remember her saying in an interview that Andrea had recorded it a few years earlier solo, and it was"Just hanging around not doing much!". However incredible this may seem now this was true at the time as I am sure andrea would be the first to acknowledge. I am certainly not her biggest fan but perhaps we should all be grateful to her for helping his career to kick start and enabling us to enjoy the beautiful music we can access today. As to her climbing all over people well i don't like it either but in Andrea's case I think the contact may have helped him in the early days when he was so nervous. I can remember seeing them on "Top of the Pops when she had to propel him around the stage.
kaycarley

Postby Michelle on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 2:38 pm

I love it Kay! I would never have come up with the Kate Bush comparison by myself! I first became aware of Sarah Brightman with the Phantom of the Opera - there was an interesting documentary on the making of the show on tv over the Christmas.
Michelle

Postby kaycarley on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 3:26 pm

Ask your mum if shr remembers the Dance Group " hot Gossip" Michelle. Ahead of their time might be a way to describe them. Very glamorous though. I have to say , that unfortunately when i see her now I can't forgot a comment she made about her former husband which i could not repeat her and which I thought was beneath her. Inappropriate is the word. pity people do this. she could learn from Andrea. You couldn't even IMAGINE him being crude could you.?
kaycarley

Postby Boots on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 3:58 pm

People sometimes say things in anger or jest without thinking of the consequences. That's why we have apologies.

Oh, er,........ if I've ever said anything offensive here, I humbly apologize for it now. :)
Boots

Postby Michelle on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 5:34 pm

About Andrew Lloyd-Weber? I can't imagine how you could make fun of that man... I'm being bold so I'll stop now!
Michelle

Postby Boots on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 7:07 pm

Don't hate Sarah because she's beautiful

Panzarella and Brittany,

Kelly LaBroque(sp), actress/model/ex-wife of Steven Seagal, was in a shampoo (I think) commercial a while ago. One of her lines was "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful". By quoting her (Kelly) in the matter of Sarah Brightman, I certainly didn't mean that anyone on this website hated her (Sarah). Sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers (I hope) and my words don't always emerge as intended. I hope this clears the air as I certainly wouldn't want you to hate me either. :)
Boots

Postby panzarella on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 8:33 pm

Boots,

I know you didn't mean anything by it, it's just a saying! I know what you meant! I think Sarah is great and that's all that matters to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion! I think Sarah is beautiful and I love her style. I'm glad Andrea and Sarah got to sing together! :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Brittany Bowman on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 9:57 pm

Actually Boots, I knew what you , meant also, I just wanted to further explain my opinion of her. I have heard that phrase before. In middle school it was very popular. It takes a lot to truly offend me, but my responses sometimes seems as though I am (I guess). Also I wantd to comment about how Andrea seems to not mind the contact.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby kaycarley on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 9:58 pm

michelle, she was paying him a compliment!! We should all be grateful ,Panzarella that sarah and Andre a sang together. He could do a lot worse and ,in fact, has IMHO
kaycarley

Postby Revita on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:26 pm

ok, my 2 cents ... I am just as confused now.

I love love, I love romance .. oooh I love Andrea .... and when I watched Sarah and Andrea for the first time yesterday sing "their" song my first reaction was that they were so lovely and romantic, then I watched a dozen other videos of the same song, different times ... and, OF COURSE MY OPINION ... the syrup is way too much. Not because of the syrup actually but because of the pancake! Andrea is the pancake here and Sarah is the syrup. Yes I agree that perhaps most if not all of us ladies would trade near anything we have of value to be next to Andrea ... but I would hope that the pancake would sop me up with the romance, instead of noticing that every one of those videos did not seem to lighten up his face with the touching and petting and oooing and sugars. I think he was embarassed each and very time .. too much was way to much and I felt embarrased for him. Watch the videos again several times. You see him NOT reciprocating, but you DO see him moving her hands!

I have watched his videos with many other beautiful ladies ... they arent syrup, true, but he takes the man-stand and has many times did the first touch on the lower back, oooh chills now .... he gave the first remarkable smile .. etc. I saw nothing from him Sarah.

Yes, oh yes, she IS beautiful. I adore her voice, I love her romantic expressions, but they do make sugar-free syrup ... :oops:
There is no love but that God give it, as God created love.

From the mountain tops to the valley low ...
God's grace covers all our seasons.
Revita

Postby panzarella on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:56 pm

KayCarley,

Yes that is what I said, I'm glad Andrea and Sarah got to sing together.

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby panzarella on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 10:58 pm

Revita,

Pancake and syrup,

That is hysterical. I am cracking up!

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Revita on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:16 pm

thanks Panzarella!

I finally got a "good" feedback instead of being locked and blocked!

On to the grammys!!

Revita

Postby westsiderny on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 11:53 pm

Revita wrote:I have watched his videos with many other beautiful ladies ... they arent syrup, true, but he takes the man-stand and has many times did the first touch on the lower back, oooh chills now .... he gave the first remarkable smile .. etc. I saw nothing from him Sarah.

Yes, oh yes, she IS beautiful. I adore her voice, I love her romantic expressions, but they do make sugar-free syrup ... :oops:

Have you also watched videos of Sarah performing with other male partners? Here is one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywy3xcbAtxg

She is very affectionate, period... and brave! How many women have expressed here and other forums that when they are in front of Andrea they just freeze... :lol:
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby panzarella on Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:27 am

Sarah,
you go girl!

Weatsiderny,

Thanks for the link.

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Revita on Sat 13 Jan, 2007 12:59 am

As I said, Sarah is a most beautiful woman. Who can say .. maybe I am jealous of the NON-space between her and Andrea! I think she has a beautiful voice in most every thing I have heard her sing ... but alas ... I did not know she existed until I heard that she was the one who "found" Andrea .... and all of my knowledge of he and she and all things Italian ... just jumped into my head less than a month ago .... a newby I be.

If only I were as beautiful! But also, it does hold true that she has a lot of syrup about her. These videos just presented show she is just as affectionate with other guys as she is with Andrea.

Ah what a hearbreaker!

Revita

Postby Veronica. O on Mon 09 Jul, 2007 2:32 am

All in all , iI loe sarah, I think she has beautiful eyes and a beautiful voice. Her duet with Andrea sounds perfect everytime they perform it. As for the affection, I dont think that Andrea hates it becuase he probably would have told her that he doesn't fell comfortable with it and she would have either toned it down or stop it completely. Correct me if I'm wrong but every video of them performing together that I have recovered today has had sarah touching Andrea.

I hope I didn't offend anybody , but that is my opinion. I ight be wrong I am with most things. lol :)
Veronica. O

Postby Free-dom on Mon 09 Jul, 2007 4:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0ccQVy ... ed&search=

if you view the video that I have attached the link above, ou can see Andrea touching Sarah's hair very gently. I think he likes the hair. Judy Weiss also once stated that while she was singin with him, he would reach for her hair(I'm havign trouble finding the link but I promise to get it to you soon). I htink Andrea really likes Hair. lol
Free-dom

Postby joonbug on Sat 14 Jul, 2007 1:42 am

I love these posts! I enjoy reading the different comments about Sarah. I adore Sarah! She has turned my world upside down when I went bonkers over her in 2001. I saw her in concert 4 times and met her 2 times. The last time was at an after concert reception and it was a treasured evening that I will never forget. I got to give her a gift and talk to her and had several photos taken with her. She is a sweetie. And that voice of hers....
I hope someday to see Andrea in concert, too!
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby Glory_94 on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:11 am

io penso che sia carina e canti veramente bene. ho trovato canzoni solo sue e devo dire che è veramente brava! :)

i think she's pretty and she sings really well. I've found some songs just by her and I must say that she's really good! :)
oO°-- Tutto ciò che sappiamo dell'amore è che l'amore è tutto!! --°Oo
Glory_94

Postby patriciabutler on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 7:57 pm

I saw Sarah on the Johnathan Ross show some weeks ago, she came over as a lovely funny girl and he mentioned her comment about her ex , she laughed . Andrew Lloyd Webber was on another show and when asked about that comment I swear he blushed and just laughed it off - flattered no doubt.
Regarding if Andrea likes her or not - I think he must or why would he invite her to his concert. I think her voice compliments his - she at least doesn't try to drown him out like some others of his singing partners.
patriciabutler

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 9:00 pm

Muy interesante la discusion y la polemica, yo no se si SARAH y ANDREA simpatizan o no.
Pero voy a decir algo que nadie dijo hasta el momento:
Cuando escucho sus voces cantando en dueto, me emocionan profundamente, en verdad, pero ademas........siento una profunda envidia de la voz de esta mujer, siempre me pregunto porque no pude tener yo una voz tan, tan hermosa, como para llegar a cantar con ANDREA.
Si yo se que la envidia es un sentimiento feo, pero nada mas envidio yo en el mundo, que a las personas que logran emocionar con sus voces cuando cantan.
Poniendo un poco de humor:
Yo no daria mi reino por un caballo, de tener un reino lo daria por una voz armoniosa y bella para cantar con ANDREA. :D
jezabel66a

PreviousNext

Return to Canto