Sarah Brightman

Discussions about Canto

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby panzarella on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 3:46 am

Alexandra and Darcy,

I was wondering what you think of Sara Brightman? I think she is beautiful and has a beautiful voice. Time to say Goodbye with Andrea, that was wonderful. :sunny:
Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog.

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Alexandra on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 1:39 pm

I must confess that I dont like Sarah Brightman at all. Her manner of singing is too pretentious, even saccharine for me. Her voice sounds like something artificial, its full of mannerism that doesnt inspire me. I have her cd where she sings different kinds of music from A whiter shade of pale to Nessun dorma. And her voice lacks in performing every piece! She tries to sing like an opera singe, but she really doesnt have enough power, so the result is not impressive. And as for her duet with Andrea, I prefer to listen Con te partiro sang by Andrea alone. Sorry, its only my personal opinion and I didnt meant to offend anyones feelings!
That best portion of a good man’s life, — his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth
Alexandra

Postby Darcy on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 2:20 pm

Afraid I don't know much about Sarah Brightman, really, Panzarella...only watched her where she has crossed paths with Andrea, so I am no judge. Does she just sing in musicals, rather than opera, then, Alexandra & Panzarella?

Meant to agree with you regarding Domingo, Alexandra. He is certainly still sounding and looking really good.
"Music is the poetry of the air." ~ Richter
Darcy

Postby jackyd on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 4:16 pm

She is married to Andrew Lloyd Webber. I like the way she touches Andrea while waiting for her part to sing. Other singers just stand there staring at him with a,a,a,a funny look on their face.
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby Alexandra on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 4:51 pm

is she still married Weber? I though they0are divorced...
That best portion of a good man’s life, — his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth
Alexandra

Postby jackyd on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 10:33 pm

I am not sure. They had something recently on TV that said she was. Can not remember which program I was watching. My apology if this information is incorrect.
jackyd

Postby panzarella on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 11:55 pm

Alexandra,

Oh that's okay everyone has different taste, but have you ever heard her cd The Harem World Tour live in Las Vegas? It's very good and her voice is very strong in those songs. :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby panzarella on Thu 04 Jan, 2007 11:58 pm

Jackyd,

I know what you mean, she was just starring at him and touching his arm. I think she must really like the way Andrea sings. I'm sure she respects him as a fellow singer. :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Darcy on Fri 05 Jan, 2007 12:38 am

Yes, I agree that Sarah B. is extremely sweet and affection with Andrea. She seems a pleasant character.

I don't know much about her at all - as I've said above - but I am pretty sure that Alexandra is right about her being divorced from Andrew Lloyd-Webber.
"Music is the poetry of the air." ~ Richter
Darcy

Postby jackyd on Fri 05 Jan, 2007 4:49 am

I stand corrected. thank you.

Oh, oh, my step-mom told me this when she was visiting over holidays. She loves to hear her sing "Time to say Good Bye" with Andrea.

I do have one of Sarah B's CD's, only listened to it once. Guess I got to give her another try.
jackyd

Postby panzarella on Fri 05 Jan, 2007 11:53 pm

That's the spirit jackyd,

You might find you like some of her music!! Yes I agree with your step -mom! Sarah did a great job with Andrea and Time to say goodbye. And I have heard another female artist sing that with him and didn't like it as well. Try The Harem World Tour cd. I think it's wonderful! :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby jackyd on Sat 06 Jan, 2007 5:22 am

I will check it out, thanks
jackyd

Postby Boots on Sat 06 Jan, 2007 3:11 pm

Panzarella,

I have the Harem World Tour CD and think it's fantastic; very unusual and exotic at the beginning. And I think that Sarah Brightman has a great voice although I'm not sure in which category to place her.

So lucky to stand beside Andrea, too! And stare at him? Oh, my God, I could do that all day (week, month, year)!!! Starting to babble now. Must go back to my corner.
Boots

Postby panzarella on Sat 06 Jan, 2007 3:40 pm

Boots

Yes I love that cd,I think Sarah is very exotic herself, she looks beautiful on her cd covers. I think Sarah can sing opera and other styles of music. Yes she was a very lucky lady to be singing with Andresa. :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby panzarella on Sat 06 Jan, 2007 3:42 pm

Sorry Andrea :D

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Michelle on Mon 08 Jan, 2007 2:51 pm

Yup, they are divorced.

I've just watched a week-long singing contest on the BBC where a non-singer celebrity was paired up with a professional singer in a duet competition. Last year, Russell Watson and his partner won. This year, Sarah Brightman took part, partnered by a cricketer (with a good 'soul' voice). Their voices didn't really blen very well, and Sarah was a bit limited in that she found it difficult to sing certain styles of song. And she was all over her partner, constantly touching, hugging, kissing. Got to be rather annoying actually...
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Brittany Bowman on Mon 08 Jan, 2007 6:37 pm

Yes, I agree that Sarah B. is extremely sweet and affection with Andrea.

Here is a video posted on BOL, from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-40hnFLTo

Andrea plays along.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby Lelly on Mon 08 Jan, 2007 7:35 pm

Sarah Brightman - yuk! Didn't like her even before she sang with Andrea, and I like her even less now. I wholeheartedly agree with Alexandra and when she touches Andrea I want to do something thoroughly nasty!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby panzarella on Mon 08 Jan, 2007 10:22 pm

Oh well Lelly,

There is an old saying, if we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place. :flower:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby panzarella on Tue 09 Jan, 2007 12:09 am

Brittany,

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it. :sunny:

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Aiko on Thu 11 Jan, 2007 1:07 pm

Sara Brightman has really great voice and is very pretty. I think such singers will change music world, Andrea Bocelli, i am sure, had already!
Aiko

Postby panzarella on Thu 11 Jan, 2007 3:08 pm

Goodmorning Aiko,

Yes I agree Sarah does have a great voice and can sing many types of songs. That is what makes her special! =D>

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Brittany Bowman on Thu 11 Jan, 2007 6:37 pm

Brittany,

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed it.

You are welcome panzarella, and as for Sarah B. I am torn, I believe she has the perfect voice for Phantom, but opera I'm not so sure. I do not really know much about her, but I do plan on finding Harem World Tour and listening to it. I feel very uncomfortable for Andrea when she strokes his face and such. I realize that it is just her style, but it kind of makes me cringe. I will listen to some of her work soon.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby panzarella on Thu 11 Jan, 2007 8:07 pm

Brittany,

I do know what you mean about the touching. I do wonder if it makes Andrea uncomfortable. Maybe Sarah should just sing or hold his hand, something like that!

-Charles F.Duran
panzarella

Postby Boots on Fri 12 Jan, 2007 3:27 am

Sarah Brightman touching Andrea while singing Time to Say Goodbye. Hmmmmmm. I think there is an advantage to the slow download of Youtube videos (2 or 3 seconds of video and then a 30-second pause). It leaves plenty of time for inspection of each gesture and nuance. Sarah and Andrea have probably sung this song at least 100 times together and are good friends. It all looked very rehearsed to me. I think that, given the chance, half the women visiting this website would do the same thing (and more). Don't hate Sarah because she's beautiful. Besides it appears to me that Andrea started it. Hahaha!!!!!!!!
Boots

Next

Return to Canto