Info needed please!

Technical information

Moderators: Renate, Management

Info needed please!

Postby MandyB on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Everyone

A new member and a fan of Andrea. I am wanting to use one his his songs in my upcoming Wedding... however there is one small dilemma!

The song I want off the Album Amore - Can't help falling in Love he sings Live in Vegas has clapping etc in it... did he record this song at all in a studio? Is there a non live version available? Also I have yet to hear the version he has done with Katherine McPhee - was this version also only done live?

Any help on a version Andrea has sung and its not live with lots of whooping and clapping would be great!!

Cheers and have a great day!

Mandy .. all the way from New Zealand :)
MandyB

Re: Info needed please!

Postby janrdobbs on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:39 am

MandyB wrote:Hi Everyone

A new member and a fan of Andrea. I am wanting to use one his his songs in my upcoming Wedding... however there is one small dilemma!

The song I want off the Album Amore - Can't help falling in Love he sings Live in Vegas has clapping etc in it... did he record this song at all in a studio? Is there a non live version available? Also I have yet to hear the version he has done with Katherine McPhee - was this version also only done live?

Any help on a version Andrea has sung and its not live with lots of whooping and clapping would be great!!

Cheers and have a great day!

Mandy .. all the way from New Zealand :)

Hi Mandy, What a lovely idea!! The version done with Katherine McPhee (without clapping) is on the dvd/cd version of Under the Desert Sky. Heres a link so you can see what it looks like. http://shop.wgbh.org/product/show/8139 Hope this helps!
I lived in NZ (Auckland) for 6 years, whereabouts are you?
Jan
janrdobbs

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:41 am

Hi Mandy,

I am not sure if there is a studio version of this song.

No doubt, with our great collective knowledge of Andrea's songs, someone will come up with a definite answer :)

And a hearty welcome to this wonderful site !
carolina1954

Postby kbarham on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:25 pm

Welcome to the site Mandy.........
Karen
kbarham

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:24 pm

carolina1954 wrote:No doubt, with our great collective knowledge of Andrea's songs, someone will come up with a definite answer :)

I opened the link provided by Jan and in the description of the DVD and CD it reads:

Disc 2 CD 1. Besame Mucho - live 2. Cuando Me Ennamoro - live 3. Estate with Chris Botti - studio version 4. September Morn - live 5. Can't Help Falling in Love - studio duet with Katharine McPhee 6. Canzoni Stonate - new studio edit with Stevie Wonder 7. Momentos - live 8. Somos Novios - live 9. The Prayer - live duet with Heather Headley.
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Thanks

Postby MandyB on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks to you all. I will now go and hunt down a copy of Under the Desert Sky and see if its all good. I am so wanting to include this song in my wedding - with or without Katherine McPhee - I just think Andrea sings it so beautifully - and my husband to be likes it as well - and he isnt into classical/opera type music at all! We are planning to use this song to walk out of the church together as husband and wife - so fingers crossed when i get it its all good!

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Oh and Jan I am in Auckland too... in Ellerslie.

Cheers
Mandy :)
MandyB

Re: Thanks

Postby janrdobbs on Tue 24 Jul, 2007 5:51 pm

MandyB wrote:Oh and Jan I am in Auckland too... in Ellerslie.

Cheers
Mandy :)

Hi Mandy, hope you're successful! (We lived in Pakuranga, small world huh?!) :lol:

Jan
janrdobbs

Return to Info