ou dormir? where to stay?

Technical information

Moderators: Renate, Management

ou dormir? where to stay?

Postby MarieJoseeMichele on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 5:15 pm

Sarò in Italia quest'estate in augusto e evidentemente voglio visitare la città di Lajatico e Voltera e La Sterza... quale città dovrei scegliere per passare la notte? Sarebbe meglio di scegliere un albergo in Florence o in una della piccola città come Lajatico, Voltera...e è facile noleggiare una Vespa? :D
Je serai en Italie en aout et je desire visiter la region de Andrea et je me demande si quelqu'un peut me conseiller...est-it preferable de passer la nuit a Florence ou dans une des petite localite comme Lajatico ou Voltere ou La Sterza? Et si je ne loue pas d'auto quel est le meilleur moyen de se deplacer d'une petite ville a l'autre? Una Vespa?? :D
I'm gonna be in Italy in august and of course i want to visit the Bocelli wineyard and region, so I was wondering if anybody knows if it's prefereble to spend the night in Florence or Voltere or Lajatico or...
And if i'm not renting a car what is the best way to go around...a scooter? :D
Grazie, merci, thanks...mich
MarieJoseeMichele

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:18 pm

I would suggest you stay in Pisa, there are lots of hotels in all sorts of price ranges. and of course lots to see in Pisa itself.
It is nicely central for Lajatico and Volterra, which are south and you can go north for Viareggio where the Pucccini Festival is in August.
You can get a coach from Pisa airport to Florence, about an hour away, so you can see that.

As for transport, not sure about that.
carolina1954

Postby MarieJoseeMichele on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:43 pm

Thanks Carolina I appreciate. Forgive me but i'm not sure what do you call a coach, is it a taxi or a bus?? ( i'm mostly french speaking...)
MarieJoseeMichele

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:52 pm

A coach is a bus which goes between 2 points on a map, unlike a bus which stopes at all the busstops.
The company who runs them is called Terravision - you should be able to find their website.
Pisa airport is only about 5 or 6 miles from the town, and there buses to the town, or you could get a taxi.
carolina1954

Postby MarieJoseeMichele on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:56 pm

Good advices...Thanks again Carolina!
MarieJoseeMichele

Return to Info