NIAF after MADISON SQUARE GARDEN concert

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

NIAF after MADISON SQUARE GARDEN concert

Postby jezabel66a on Sun 04 Nov, 2007 3:37 am

DECEMBER 7, 2007 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

http://www.niaf.org/events/2007/bocelli/bocelli.asp

As a special bonus, ANDREA BOCELLI, has also agreed to join NIAF at a priate meet and geet following the performance.

( Disculpen si ya ha sido puesto el link) :wink:
jezabel66a

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Sun 04 Nov, 2007 3:42 am

CHE COSA E LA NIAF ?

http://www.niaf.org/about/che.asp

:)
jezabel66a

Postby joonbug on Sun 04 Nov, 2007 11:52 am

Wow!! For anyone who can afford it....what an evening to treasure forever!!!
I used my Christmas bonus a few years ago and did the meet and greet with Sarah B. after her Harem concert in Cleveland, Ohio through PBS and I tell you....it is one of the most treasured memories of my life!!! I have the photos to prove it. I look like a chesire cat smiling!!!
So if anyone gets to do this with Andrea....you lucky, lucky one!!! :salut:
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby Gloria M on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 2:25 am

I think people need to go into it with realistic expectations. I went to the first of those "meet and greet" occasions in Philly in 2001. It was a "dessert social" -- I can't remember how it was advertised, but I distinctly got the impression that Andrea would be available for fans to meet personally. As most of you know, that hasn't been the case at any of the NIAF affairs so far. They have all been staged events--Andrea is given an award or certificate, he says a few words, and then he's out of there. In Philadelphia they gave him a replica of the Liberty Bell! Of course it's always pleasant to see him in a somewhat informal situation, but I remember how disappointed I was at that first one.

I do think it would be possible to arrange an orderly "meet and greet" with some sort of receiving line. The "greets" could be brief, the line could keep moving and everyone would be happy. Perhaps it would take a little longer, but I think it would be more rewarding than those award ceremonies. :roll: That is all anyone really wants from Andrea anyway--just a couple of words, a photograph, a handshake, a kiss... :wink:

Possibly this NIAF affair will be different, and maybe this time would be a real "meet and greet." If that turns out to be the case, I'll probably regret not going. I hope the fans get lucky this time! :)

So if you decide to do this, remember that you will be getting a good seat, probably eating some good food, and supporting a worthwhile organization. Here is their Mission Statement:

The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the heritage and culture of Americans of Italian descent, the nation’s fifth largest ethnic group.

As a unified and effective Washington voice for this community, NIAF:

-Provides educational and scholarship opportunities, as well as programs and activities, to help our young people

-Promotes the history, heritage and accomplishments of Italian Americans

-Serves as a liaison between the Italian American community and the U.S. Congress, the White House and government agencies, while also promoting the appointment of qualified Italian Americans in the government

-Protects the character and ensure a realistic portrayal of Italian Americans in the media and the arts

-Serves as a liaison between Italy and the United States by promoting cultural, educational, economic, and political cooperation

-Serves as a clearinghouse of information on Italy and on Americans of Italian descent

The NIAF was founded in 1975 as a non-profit organization in Washington, DC. It is entirely non-partisan.

http://www.niaf.org/about/mission.asp
Gloria M

Postby Lynnanne on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 3:31 am

Oh, what a nice thought...
Lynnanne

Postby Lynnanne on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 3:38 am

Oops! Meant to put this quote of Glori's before that statement:

That is all anyone really wants from Andrea anyway--just a couple of words, a photograph, a handshake, a kiss...
Lynnanne

Postby Gloria M on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 3:49 am

Lynnanne wrote:Oops! Meant to put this quote of Glori's before that statement:

That is all anyone really wants from Andrea anyway--just a couple of words, a photograph, a handshake, a kiss...

Well, actually we want and receive, a whole lot more--an entire evening of beautiful singing!! :D

--Gloria M
Gloria M

Postby Rosej on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 4:18 am

Gloria
Went to the NIAF deal in NY MSG last year and it was exactly as you describe. It was a 'dessert social.' Andrea stayed all of but about 10 minutes (or less), stood at the podium at the top of the steps and we stood below and listened to him as he spoke. There was no meet and greet. It was great to see him that way but it was over in a flash and we stayed and had wonderful desserts, coffee, and tea. I too wish he would have a a greeting line to get a hand shake with him at least.

Rose Marie :roll:
Rosej

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Mon 05 Nov, 2007 4:26 am

Yo no tenia informacion acerca de estas experiencias.
En verdad no sabia nada. :cry:
jezabel66a

Postby joonbug on Tue 06 Nov, 2007 1:19 am

Rosej wrote:Gloria
Went to the NIAF deal in NY MSG last year and it was exactly as you describe. It was a 'dessert social.' Andrea stayed all of but about 10 minutes (or less), stood at the podium at the top of the steps and we stood below and listened to him as he spoke. There was no meet and greet. It was great to see him that way but it was over in a flash and we stayed and had wonderful desserts, coffee, and tea. I too wish he would have a a greeting line to get a hand shake with him at least.

Rose Marie :roll:

Oh, my, I would have been sooo disappointed and heartbroken. I guess I would be kind of skeptical to spend so much money and possibly be so let down. Even if it is for a very good cause, sometimes these organizers just don't know how much a hand shake means to fans.
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby Lynnanne on Tue 06 Nov, 2007 4:00 am

"Well, actually we want and receive, a whole lot more--an entire evening of beautiful singing!! :D

--Gloria M"

You're right, Gloria. I'm so looking forward to my first concert this December!
Lynnanne

Return to Concert