US Tour

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Re: no subject.

Postby sam on Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:38 pm

jezabel66a wrote: Las cosas son como son y yo me siento inexistente como publico para un gran artista como el señor ANDREA BOCELLI.

Comprendo la tua amarezza Jez, non sei la sola! vedi come siamo qui nella stessa situazione!
sam

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 20 Sep, 2007 8:54 pm

Maris said:
[That is the case in most places. Rarely are the big venues sold out. If you live in the area, you can take this approach but if you travel, get a hotel room and are already into the experience for big bucks, you do not want to chance not getting that ticket. However, if you paid around $300.00-400.00 for a seat and the person next to you paid almost zip - that is disturbing. And it is sometimes those great seats that are given away. Empties close to stage to not look good. It's a gamble.

I had this happen to me once - riding my bike near a concert hall when I was acutally approached by management to see if I and my partner would be interested in the evenings performance. We were flabberghasted and delighted - and embarrassed when our tickets led us to the front of the concert hall and next to people in gowns and tuxedos! It was a great night and our tickets even admitted us into the reception afterward. There were a few other couples ridiculously underdressed and I assumed they had the same good luck as we. ]

Yes, it is always the risk, specially if you have to pay out for other expenses, like travel and accomodation.
Now I know they do this, it may be worth checking out, if ever the Maestro should venture close enough to me to take the gamble and travel there and back the same evening.
carolina1954

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Thu 20 Sep, 2007 9:38 pm

No deseo que el enfasis de mis palabras sean mal comprendidas aqui.
Vivi solo un instante de incomodidad por la opinion de una persona que suele hacer comentarios mordaces. De creer que eso valiera la pena una aclaracion lo haria directamente, pero en forma privada. No es el caso. Tampoco voy a renegar del OCEANO......solo por un pez!!.

Personalizo la respuesta en ti TESORA, porque has hecho una pregunta por demas certera y razonable. Quisiera tener una respuesta convincente para darte. Cientos de veces me he preguntado lo mismo, y no lo se.
Solo puedo dar fe de la visita cada año de muchos artistas a mi pais, que dan conciertos a teatros llenos, con entradas agotadas con anticipacion.
Son artistas conocidos en el mundo, de fama y trayectoria que vuelven y vuelven, se enamoran de un publico que les da todo su respeto y amor. Y no creas que las entradas son muy accesibles, pero igual agregan funciones. Es cierto tambien, estos artistas muchas veces llegan porque incluyen al pais en el tour, Y uno agradece que no nos olviden.
Aunque todo sea marketing, falta de agenda, o lo que sea, lo seguro es que primero hay que sembrar para poder cosechar, y ANDREA ( en sentido figurado ) no lo ha hecho. Y como no puedo hablarte de lo que no conozco, es que no tengo respuesta.
Eso es lo que provoca mi tristeza y decepcion, pero no es resentimiento hacia nada ni nadie en particular, menos con ANDREA.
Solo es como es.
jezabel66a

Postby Southerngirl on Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:47 pm

He will be in Dallas, TX on Dec. 16th - I checked Ticket Master and the tickets for this venue will start selling: AOL Presale 9/28/07-9/30/07; Fan Club Presale (I think that's us, isn't it???) 9/24/07-9/30/07 and American Express Presale 9/24/07-9/27/07.

Tickets start at $75.00 (my printer cut off the high dollar range, but I think it was around $345.00)

Unfortunately, these prices are going to keep me from going. I am 5 hours from Dallas so I'd have to get a hotel room for at least one night and with two tickets, room, meals, and gas - I'm afraid I can't justify spending that kind of money on myself so close to Christmas.

I wouldn't want the $75.00 tickets, anyway, because I'd be so far away I couldn't see him good and what's the use in going if you can't be close?

I hate it - I can't believe he'd be that close and I couldn't go. But . . . we'll see, maybe it will work out.

The fan tickets that are going on sale, can anyone tell me how that works. I would assume anyone buying a ticket would be a fan - or it that for members of this forum? We are definately fans!!! Does anyone know?

:cry:
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Lynnanne on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 2:18 am

I'd like to know the answer to Southerngirl's question too...about the fan tickets. I am a $350 airplane ride away from NYC and am trying to figure out a way to get there (financially). My daughter lives not too far from the venue (about an hour in traffic) but it's hard for me to ask her to drop me and pick me up after! She won't go to the conert, I'm certain. My husband would go except that doubles the airfare for us. IF I don't have my daughter drive and pick me up, then I have to get a hotel/taxi, etc.
Very expensive. Does anyone have a clue as to how much the tickets for Continental Arena go for and which seats are best? I couldn't find anything on the Internet this afternoon. I've never heard Andrea in person and it would be the event of a lifetime for me so I'm really, really, trying to work this out even if it means attending the concert solo :(

Lynn
Lynnanne

Postby Rosej on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 2:46 am

Lyn-
The concert tickets at the American Airlines Center in Dallas are going from $75 to $275 I believe. I booked a hotel room for $125 per night that includes breakfast. That is 1/4 the cost of a hotel in NY. You can book a flight with Southwest for around $200 (at least that is the price from New Orleans) The arean is in North Dallas. Just ask the hotel that you choose how far they are from the arena as you will want to be close by. Good Luck
Rosej

Postby Lynnanne on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 2:54 am

Thanks, RoseJ, I will check for hotels. I might even check into flights to the Dallas area...it may be less expensive to fly there! My problem (one of many) is that I have used all my vacation days for the year :( so I need a concert on a Saturday night! LOL! I'm so excited I can't stand it...I do hope I can work this out. Thanks for all of your info...I'm sure the tickets are the same price in NY as in Dallas .
Lynnanne

Postby Francesca on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 7:50 am

On ne peut pas dire que cette annonce ait provoqué des explosions de joie, seules celles qui n'ont jamais assisté à un concert se sont manifestées.
Les autres seraient-elles blasées maintenant ?
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby joonbug on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 11:05 am

I am so very happy for everyone who gets to see Andrea in concert anywhere in the world! As for me, I will not make it to any of the Dec. US venues. My only hope would be a concert in Ohio....guess that ain't gonna happen, at least in December. My traveling days are pretty much over, so Ohio is my only chance.
But how exciting for you all who are so lucky to get to travel and see Andrea in person!!!
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby sam on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 11:19 am

Francesca wrote: Les autres seraient-elles blasées maintenant ?

No, non sono blasees, ma ne parlano sul loro sito! :wink:
sam

Postby Francesca on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 11:52 am

Lo so ma perché nascondersi?

Il loro sito non è letto da Andrea....
Francesca

Postby sam on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 11:59 am

Si nascondono forse per non farci piangere :wink:
sam

Postby carolina1954 on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:03 pm

Siete sicuri che Andrea ancora legge QUESTO sito :-k
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:05 pm

Ah non lo credo :D

Ognun per sé e Dio per tutti :roll:
Francesca

Postby sam on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:09 pm

Forse?
sam

Postby Francesca on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:09 pm

carolina1954 wrote:Siete sicuri che Andrea ancora legge QUESTO sito :-k

Non siamo più sicure di niente ora :-k

e a dirla franca questo mi stupirebbe....
Francesca

Postby anna62 on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:21 pm

Francesca wrote:
Les autres seraient-elles blasées maintenant ?

En ce cas , il n'a qu'à venir chez nous : pas de risque que nous soyons blasées !!!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby Francesca on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:24 pm

anna62 wrote:
En ce cas , il n'a qu'à venir chez nous : pas de risque que nous soyons blasées !!!

Ah ça !!!

avec seulement deux vrais concerts en 10 ans il n'y a pas de danger ! :D
Francesca

Postby Ivannia on Fri 21 Sep, 2007 9:55 pm

Can i ask why there is not dates in Latin America????
i am starting to believe that Andrea has forgotten his fans here....
: =D>
Ivannia R.
Ivannia

Postby Brisa on Sat 22 Sep, 2007 9:04 pm

Is he popular enough there that people would come to see him in sufficient numbers to make it worth his while?

Tesora, I don´t know exactly how many fans he has in Argentina, but I´m sure all the tickets would be sold! Perhaps there are not as many fans here as there are in Europe or in USA, but there a lot of people who really admire him and who would be excited about going to his concert!
EL silencio más precioso es aquel que nos permite escuchar nuestra alma y la conversación entre dos almas, el sonido más dulce que puede romperlo
Brisa

Postby Brisa on Sat 22 Sep, 2007 9:13 pm

Oui Jezabel nous comprenons ton amertume puisque vous n'avez jamais rien eu

We have been expecting for a concert for so long, that´s the reason that makes us feel a little dissapointed. Although all his cds are available in our country we´d love the possibility of listening to him in a concert
EL silencio más precioso es aquel que nos permite escuchar nuestra alma y la conversación entre dos almas, el sonido más dulce que puede romperlo
Brisa

Postby KSD on Sun 23 Sep, 2007 1:25 am

Does anyone know the presale password for Vegas?
KSD

Postby amava on Sun 23 Sep, 2007 6:02 pm

This is great i will definitely be attending the concert in Florida i hope i get to meet him:)
amava

Postby tdevil00 on Mon 24 Sep, 2007 8:35 pm

I think it is wonderful that Maestro Bocelli will once again visit the U.S. I have seen him several times and have enjoyed all of his performances. I wish I could have seen him last year when he performed at Lincoln Center in New York City unfortunately, I was unable. I am sure that, given the venue, the performance was exquisite!

Though I have enjoyed all of the performances I attended, the most memorable were those that I attended at the more intimate venues as opposed to the arena venues. Perhaps it is because the seats that I can obtain are not the best in the house and the arena acoustics just do not capture the depth and fullness of the Maestro's voice to those of us in the "cheap seats". I say this not to discourage fans from attending the arena shows but more in hopes that the Maestro's sound people can do something so that we can all hear the incredible voice that the Maestro was blessed with.

In closing, I would like to wish Maestro Bocelli a belated happy birthday, a very safe tour and much success with his new album.
tdevil00

Postby Meri on Mon 24 Sep, 2007 9:24 pm

i just got my tickets for hollywood, fl on the 12th. is anyone else going on that date? would you like to meet? hey, amava... which date are you going to attend? also, i used to live in alabama... dothan, to be exact! now i live in tallahassee to attend FSU. where do you live, if you don't mind my asking? also... we're two of the younguns here, we should definitely talk!
Last edited by Meri on Mon 24 Sep, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be excellent to each other
Meri

PreviousNext

Return to Concert