teatro del Silenzio d.v.d and t.v transmission-- any info

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

teatro del Silenzio d.v.d and t.v transmission-- any info

Postby crocodileshoes on Fri 13 Jul, 2007 10:36 pm

can anyone who went to the concert clarify for us if the D.V.D is only going to be available from PBS or is it to be released intrnationally soon, and is the t.v documentary to be shown only in the U.S.A or in BRITAIN and other countries too; i ask this because after reading the reports on BOCELLI.DE I am confused again as it mentions in a report on there that the televising is due for showing near Christmas in the U.S, but there is now no mention of BRITAIN; SO SORRY TO KEEP BRINGING IT UP , only I AM eager to have both ; hope ANDREA'S management take that on board ! :D
crocodileshoes

Postby Janice on Sat 14 Jul, 2007 2:31 am

This is how I get the story so far anyway--the documentary is a UK tv production so the USA doesn't get that one :( but the concert is a PBS production so the USA does get that one and the UK doesn't--not right away yet, anyway. The Lake Las Vegas show came out eventually as a dvd for everyone so I'm sure that's what will happen to the Lajatico show. As far as the documentary is concerned, I hope all of you UK folks crank up your vcrs and get ready for copy requests! :D I am not someone who went to the concert, though, so I don't know if anyone who was there has different information. My info. is what I've gotten based on what I've read so far.
Janice

Postby Fipi on Sat 14 Jul, 2007 10:34 pm

Janice, the trouble is that our vcrs are not compatible with yours in the US. I've tried sending them to friends before but they just don't work unfortunately. :(
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Janice on Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:13 pm

I don't have what they call a "region free" vcr but I've heard of them and I'm sure SOME fans in the USA or Canada must have them. All we need over here are a couple of copies and we can get the ball rolling. I've also, way back when, gotten European videos and taken them to a place to have a conversion done. It can happen! Keep the faith! :)
Janice

Postby crocodileshoes on Sat 14 Jul, 2007 11:48 pm

:D THANKYOU JANICE FOR YOUR HELPFULNESS ! If that is true then that we British will be seeing the DOCUMENTARY, i will do my best to record it to D.V.D and if anyone from the U.S.A or anywhere else would like a copy I'LL see what i can do ; yourself included; i will post on here how they can contact me; as for the D.V.D, i hope that someone could get me a copy if i send them American dollars as our player is supposed to be multi-region; not tested it out yet; BUT I DO HOPE ABOVE HOPE IT WILL BE RELEASED IN ALL COUNTRIES , just like 'UNDER THE DESERT SKY WAS. CIAO CARI AMICI PER ADESSO ! Carole in U.K :D :D
crocodileshoes

Postby Fipi on Sun 15 Jul, 2007 10:49 pm

That's good news Janice. It was several years ago when I sent some to the states but hopefully modern technology has made it possible for our video tapes to be viewed there now.
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby kaycarley on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 7:20 am

I sent some quite recently Fipi but they are not playable without an expensive conversion unless they have the equipment Janice mentions.
I hope to be able to record them to DVD's soon which should overcome the problem.
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 9:56 am

I bought an original PBS DVD of the Las Vegas concert and it would not play here, nor would the JCPenney one, not even on the computer.
There is a way round it with free downloadable programs, you can take the region code off without losing quality.
I never have a problem playing DVds which have been recorded from TV in the States, althought the quality it not brilliant.
When the documentary the BBC are making about Andrea is shown on TV here, at Christmas, it can be recorded and there should not be a problem playing it in the States.
A fiend here records UK stuff on DVD and I send it on the the States, always works.

Videos are not playable, and so few people do it nowadays, I imagine it would be quite pricy to convert those.
carolina1954

Postby Janice on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 1:40 pm

carolina1954 wrote:
Videos are not playable, and so few people do it nowadays, I imagine it would be quite pricy to convert those.

Just wanted to mention that back when I had the conversions made, they cost me around $20.00 each, which I did not consider pricey. Granted, this was around 6 or 7 years ago. Good to know that recordable dvds can do the trick over there for those of us over here and vice-versa. :D
Janice

Postby kaycarley on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 5:41 pm

I understand its a lot more expensive now ,janice but that could depend upon where you live. The Dvd's seem to be fine so hope it all works out.
Unfortunately it is quite some time since we had any worthwhile Andrea footage on our TV screens. The stuff i had is some years old which is why I am still talking VCR.
kaycarley

Return to Concert