pictures and reports from Lajatico now at bocelli.de

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby patriciabutler on Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:37 pm

Thanks Renate, nice to be able to share everyones impressions and takes away some of the disappoinment at not being there this year. wonderful pictures.
patriciabutler

Postby Glory_94 on Tue 17 Jul, 2007 5:24 am

thank you renate, splendid pictures!
oO°-- Tutto ciò che sappiamo dell'amore è che l'amore è tutto!! --°Oo
Glory_94

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:12 am

Thank you Renate for those lovely photos and giving those ideas what look like to be at the concert's rehearsals.
And to find out what look like the weather at Lajatico in sumer time !

While in Australia is very cold down here in Melbourne!
bumblebee_miriam06

Postby Milleluna2 on Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:46 pm

Cami - I am with Duebaci on this. Your writing was wonderful. The way you tell the story. Wow ! Are you a professional writer? Thank you!!

Hi Renate - the pictures are fabulous !! Thank you, too.

Those sunglass are killer....
Milleluna2

Postby Cami McNamee on Mon 23 Jul, 2007 1:46 pm

Milleluna2 wrote:Are you a professional writer? Thank you!!

Thanks very much Milleluna2!! No, not a professional writer, but I am an editor by profession. I have loved words all my life, and these reports are labors of love...truly a bit selfish, as I am trying to preserve the precious memories for myself. Bringing those of you who can't be there along with me is also a pleasure, and many are very kind to say thanks. It makes my day.

But Renate is the one who has poured so much of her heart and soul into making the Web site where so many cherished memories are preserved permanently in word and image for all of us, and I thank her profoundly for her labor of love as well!

Cami
Cami McNamee

Postby blue on Tue 24 Jul, 2007 12:37 am

Cami McNamee wrote:
Thanks very much Milleluna2!! No, not a professional writer, but I am an editor by profession. I have loved words all my life, and these reports are labors of love...truly a bit selfish, as I am trying to preserve the precious memories for myself. Bringing those of you who can't be there along with me is also a pleasure, and many are very kind to say thanks. It makes my day.

But Renate is the one who has poured so much of her heart and soul into making the Web site where so many cherished memories are preserved permanently in word and image for all of us, and I thank her profoundly for her labor of love as well!

Cami

I was at the concert as well, Cami, and your report brought me right back there so thank you! I also printed out your report and will put it in my photo album - 40 years from now I can read it and it will bring me right back to the concert again. You put the experience into words much better than I ever could!

I also have to agree with you on thanking Renate for her great website and for her efforts for all the fans attending the concert.

Thanks to both of you.

Karen
blue

Postby Tesora on Tue 24 Jul, 2007 2:23 am

A belated thank you from me, too, for the excellent report, Cami. It wasn't quite the same as being there, I'm sure, but pretty close. Good job!
Tesora

Postby jlew1949 on Mon 06 Aug, 2007 12:11 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Much Thanks Renate!!! for the great photos and all that you do on Bo.de.

Jane
[/font]
Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away -ANONYMOUS
jlew1949

Postby Sandy on Mon 13 Aug, 2007 12:51 am

again thank you so much for all your hard work!
Sandy

Postby Southerngirl on Tue 14 Aug, 2007 11:40 pm

Can anyone of you that went to the Lajatico concert tell me where the Teatro del Silenzio is in relation to the town of Lajatico? I have been trying to find the location on google earth, but haven't had any luck. I know they probably don't have the stage, bleachers, or any of the other stuff there all the time, but the pond should be there, shouldn't it? Maybe there is some other distinquishing landmark that could help me locate it from 500 ft up.

I've found a few locations with roundish ponds that could be it, but none of the surrounding landscape looks like the photos I've seen. I think someone told me it was about 1 Kilometer from Lajatico, but I just don't see anything that close to the town that could be it.

I'd appreciate any info. I can get.

Thanks bunches :P
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Amma on Wed 15 Aug, 2007 2:28 am

Thanks a whole lot for the pictures. they are splendid indeed.
Amma

Postby janrdobbs on Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:44 am

Southerngirl wrote:Can anyone of you that went to the Lajatico concert tell me where the Teatro del Silenzio is in relation to the town of Lajatico? I have been trying to find the location on google earth, but haven't had any luck. I know they probably don't have the stage, bleachers, or any of the other stuff there all the time, but the pond should be there, shouldn't it? Maybe there is some other distinquishing landmark that could help me locate it from 500 ft up.

I've found a few locations with roundish ponds that could be it, but none of the surrounding landscape looks like the photos I've seen. I think someone told me it was about 1 Kilometer from Lajatico, but I just don't see anything that close to the town that could be it.

I'd appreciate any info. I can get.

Thanks bunches :P

Hi there, I looked this up on GoogleEarth before I went and wasnt sure where it was either! If you go towards the end of the road Via dell'Ucelliera that leaves Lajatico on the right hand side you'll see the pond on the left hand side, At least I think thats it! :lol:

Jan
janrdobbs

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:44 am

I think, if you look at an aerial view of Lajatico, it is to the right at the bottom, off Podere Belvedere. Looks like it anyway, but I don't recall it being that far to walk, from the town, but maybe it was and we just didn't notice !
carolina1954

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:48 am

I don't know if this link is going to work:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1

Just checked it from here and it works for me.....
carolina1954

Postby janrdobbs on Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:58 am

carolina1954 wrote:I don't know if this link is going to work:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1

Just checked it from here and it works for me.....

Yep, that confirms it then Carolina! We've both got the right place....ho hum, memories!

Jan
janrdobbs

Postby Milleluna2 on Thu 16 Aug, 2007 6:51 pm

Hey blue ! I like the mention of your scrapbook on Andrea. I have all kinds of pictures of Andrea just in a folder accumulating. I should make a scrapbook to look at in years to come. I can already see Andrea changing over the past 4 years since became his greatest fan. Great sugguestion.

Cami's report will definitely go in there and Anne's too.

Andrea - we love your music and you so much !! Be happy !!
Milleluna2

Postby gr8ful2hear on Fri 17 Aug, 2007 9:19 pm

How do I find the pictures and reports? I am not good with the computer
gr8ful2hear

Postby carolina1954 on Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:03 pm

Click on this link, http://www.bocelli.de/
that will take you into the Lajatico bit of Renate's site, then, anywhere, when you hover over it with your mouse, you get a little hand thing appear, you can click on that and it will show you more.

To get back to a previous page, you should have two arrows somewhere at the top left of your page, click on the one pointing left, that should take you back one page
carolina1954

Postby gr8ful2hear on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 12:09 am

carolina1954 - Thank you for the help. I glanced at them and will have a better look now.
gr8ful2hear

Postby Southerngirl on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 12:13 am

Thanks, Carolina! I am so glad to finally get a visual of where it took place. Since I couldn't be there in person, I can hoover over the place all I want.

I guess they remove all stuff, even the statue (or bust?) of the blue guy in the middle to the pond. I'm sure that this is some very famous sculpture, but I've not seen it before. Is it a bust of David? If so, forgive my ignorance. And that's been my mistake all this time, I've been looking for the blue dude in the pond.
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 8:37 am

I do love those photos but I aready had seeing quite some time ago.

Thank you.
bumblebee_miriam06

Postby carolina1954 on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 9:40 am

Southerngirl, the "Blue Dude" was not there this year :lol:

Here is a little about it, Duebaci found it:
<<<statue: I believe was originally used for the opera Manon Lescaut at the Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago.. then used in Lajatico for the concert. The scuptor is Igor Mitoraj. I believe there is another made of bronze. The statue used for the opera and the concert is made of resin. >>>

This year there was a sculpture of a sun, by Arnaldo Pomodoro ( don't you just love that name ! )

I believe they remove everything afterwards and just let the place return to nature
carolina1954

Previous

Return to Concert