Andrea sings 'Music of the Night'

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Andrea sings 'Music of the Night'

Postby blacklab84 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:08 pm

Wow.... how fabulous! Andrea singing this fantastic love song from 'Phanton of the Opera' at the Concert for Diana. What a treat for us!! Relaxed and dressed from head to foot in black jeans, top and familiar leather jacket. Looked ABsolutely gorgeous. This will be a favourite to watch over and over again. :cheers: :cheers:

Marion
blacklab84

Postby eleanora on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:11 pm

Wasn't he just fantastic - he looked so relaxed and as usual sang so beautifully what a treat :)
eleanora

Postby Free-dom on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:12 pm

yea. I enjoyed Andrea's performance. I just finished watching it. I also enjoyed Sarah Brightman annd Josh Groban. I sort of wished that Sarah and Andrea would do a duet together at the concert.

Andrea, however looked tired to me. is energy looked drained. I dont know if it was just me but that is what I thought

I'm enjoying the concert so much and it was a treat to watch Andrea perform. He did an awesome job.

Great JOb Andrea.

Lots of Love
Free
Free-dom

Postby Lelly on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:31 pm

I've just seen Andrea singing at Wembly and my admiration for that man just keeps on growing. Yes he did look a bit tired Free, but if you had seen him last night you would know why. He just sang his heart out, as he always does, and to sing as beautifully as he just did shows what an incredible performer he is. Did you notice how quiet the crowd where when he started singing? What a guy!!
Lesley
Lelly

Music of the night

Postby la Gioconda on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:33 pm

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! I know that Andrea has said that he does not like singing in English as much as in the romance langauages but I thought his diction was clear and full of feeling. It is wonderful to hear him singing a new song for us. I would have liked him to duet with Sarah Brightman. Maybe that is a treat reserved for another time?
la Gioconda

Postby crocodileshoes on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:48 pm

WOW , I AM SO HAPPY to have seen and heard ANDREA tonight; that was so beautifully sung and in beautifully clear English; I was only sad that he did not sing another couple of songs as well; HEY BUT DONT GET ME WRONG --- I AM NOT MOANING OR HAVING A GRIPE HERE, because i know he did a wonderful concert the night before, for THOSE VERY LUCKY ONES WHO COULD MAKE IT; I wish i was one of them but it wasnt to be; .... I could listen to him all night and do every night anyway, ..... its just that i feel sad at how little e see of him here..... it was wonderful tonight.... i recorded it so i can re-live the pleasure!..... I wish him a great remainder of evening and hope and pray for his safe return home to Italy. :D
crocodileshoes

Postby la Gioconda on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:03 pm

My prayers for a safe return home to Andrea and his party.
la Gioconda

Postby Free-dom on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:19 pm

They just interviewed Andrea Bocelli and he sounded great. I love how he like to answer his questions nice and thoroughly. I just enjoy him when he is speaking english.

Free

I'm enjoying the concert.
Josh Groban and Sarah Brghtman are going to sing again.
Free-dom

Postby Anne on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:32 pm

Anne

Postby Anne on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:39 pm

I`m still waiting for Andrea`s appearance, German Tv is broadcasting the highlights of the concert since 8:15pm and now there is Bryan Ferry....
I hope in some minutes I will see Andrea......
Anne

Postby Renate on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:04 pm

Schaut hier jemand die sog. Highlights bei RTL II? Ich werde langsam nervös, da Anastasia mit dem Jesus Christ Superstar Song schon durch ist und kein Bocelli....

Internet sagt mir leider: not available in your territory...
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Renate on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:06 pm

Free-dom wrote:They just interviewed Andrea Bocelli and he sounded great. I love how he like to answer his questions nice and thoroughly. I just enjoy him when he is speaking english.

Free

I'm enjoying the concert.
Josh Groban and Sarah Brghtman are going to sing again.

which channel could you watch Andrea perform and being interviewed?
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Anne on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:08 pm

Ja, große Enttäuschung, in Deutschland bzw.für RTL 2 ist Andrea wohl kein highlight.....!!!Typisch!

Great disappointement, for German TV Andrea is no "highlight"!!!
Anne

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:13 pm

I missed the interview too. Was shown on Canadian TV.
carolina1954

Postby Anne on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:19 pm

Not only the interview, the WHOLE APPEARANCE from Andrea was not shown on German TV!!´I´m very angry!!!
Anne

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:26 pm

How very unfair that is !
Maybe it will appear on Youtube soon. He only did the one song, so hopefully someone has captured it.
carolina1954

Postby Anne on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:34 pm

It`s really unfair!
Okay, no more talking about it, I have to say Goodnight, my flight to Pisa - and than to Lajatico - tomorrow is very early in the morning...
Anne

Postby Southerngirl on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:39 pm

I was on the phone and put the tv to VH1 and there he was - I hung up immediately. He did look so good - I didn't see an interview - was it right before he sang? The whole concert is going to be shownagain on NBC tonight - I don't care about any of the other singers except Andrea - I'll have to keep checking the station all night to try to catch him again - I want to see the interview.

I have looked at old videos of him singing on YouTube so many times that it is refreshing to see him live and know that he's singing that song in real time right then. I like to know where he is and what he's doing all the time - am I sick cookie or what????????

8-[
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Free-dom on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:49 pm

His interview was a liitle bit after his performance. He was with Veronica but when they began to interview him, she kind of shifted to the side. The last question they asked him had to be translated by his translator. I thought it was sooo cute. I'm so lucky that I got to see it live

Lots of love
Free
Free-dom

Postby blacklab84 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:00 pm

Well if you're a sick cookie, you're not alone Southerngirl!!

I'd set the whole concert on to record on VHS with the timer, and decided to record manually the Andrew Lloyd Webber section using the DVD part of the machine. No problem I thought I've done this before, how wrong I was. Although I have Andrea's performance on DVD, when I went back to look for the interview on the tape, it stopped when I activated the DVD record button. Hopefully I will be able to catch a repeat on TV at some point in the future, or as you say it will posted somewhere. Have limped along with narrowband/dial-up for ages, but Broadband is now a top priority! In the meantime can anyone let me know what Andrea said.

Marion
Last edited by blacklab84 on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
blacklab84

Postby Janice on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 11:35 pm

Southerngirl wrote: The whole concert is going to be shownagain on NBC tonight - I don't care about any of the other singers except Andrea - I'll have to keep checking the station all night to try to catch him again - I want to see the interview.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not correct. I've only seen a one hour "highlights" show being listed for broadcast on NBC this evening. WE all know Andrea is the highlight of ANY evening :D but I just have to hope NBC sees it the same way as I am not someone with cable/satellite or the ability to watch things online. NBC is my only chance!
Janice

Postby Southerngirl on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 12:01 am

I must have misunderstood the announcement. Well, I sure hope Andrea gets in the 1 hours. At the end of today's show, they showed highlites of alot of the performers, but I did not see Andrea. Also, I in all the promos of the concert, I never found him listed as one of the performers.
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Free-dom on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 1:09 am

I know what you are talking about. i didnt see him metioned as one of the performers either. I dont know why they also didnt show him in the playbacks of all the performers. They also didnt show certain artists. I dnt know what their deal is but his performance was amazing.
Free-dom

Postby Southerngirl on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 2:03 am

I sure am disappointed that Andrea wasn't one of the performers on tonights NBC highlight show. I wonder who was in charge of picking who gets in and who doesn't - in my opinion Andrea should have been shown again - well - it's over now and he can go back home. I hope we hear from him again real soon. It was fun this week anticipating his performance and he didn't let me down at all - it was wonderful.
Southerngirl

Postby Janice on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 2:17 am

NBC has lousy taste!!! I can't believe they decided to leave out THE VOICE in favor of some of those other people. What I really can't believe, though, is why they chose to only show an hour of concert footage and fill the rest of the night with their usual RERUNS. The concert was a NEW thing--we don't get much of that on network tv in the summer months. If they'd shown at least two hours, they could have included more musical performances--like ANDREA'S!--and shown more of the footage about Diana. For a celebration of her life, NBC sure turned her into an afterthought at the very end. Boo to them!
Janice

Next

Return to Concert