Concerto a Mosca! Impressions.

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby Pirjo on Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:28 pm

Thank you for your lovely concert report, Alexandra. I'm glad you had such a wonderful evening. :)
Pirjo

Postby June9 on Fri 06 Jul, 2007 8:07 pm

Hello to everybody
I posted it in a different topic but then I saw this one and I copied my post to here, I hope it is ok :oops:

It's my first visit to this message board, I came mostly to share my impressions of this wonderful concert but I think I'm going to drop in here more often now as I discovered for myself music of Andrea Bocelli Well, I've known him for quite a long time since my mom brought me a couple of albums a few years ago. I would listen to them from time to time but I even doubted if I should go to the concert... if it is going to be something that would capture me for 2 hours... But it did! To tell the truth I've never been to a classical concert before :oops: I like to watch an orchestra playing, it's really amazing to see all these people getting to their instruments and them starting to play in harmony. And then singing... It is really like travelling I think - when you hear someone singing because you keep following the voice of a singer... It seems you can listen like that for hours.
As I wrote I had only a couple of albums of Andrea and I don't know much of opera so I can say it was my first acquaintance with classical singing I really liked it though I didn't even know the names of arias that were performed. Shame on me :oops:
But it was my turn to go like "Wow, here it goes!" when Andrea started to sing "Time To Say Goodbye" or "Prayer". The audience knew these pieces very well, it was obvious from a sigh of delight that came over when the first notes of "Prayer" started to play. For me it is one of the best parts of every show when you feel this emotion that comes from the audience to an artist and back and when everybody starts to applaud.
I was a bit sad when the concert ended, as if a wonderful travel had come to an end and it was time to go back to reality. Now I can say that music really inspires because I wasn't walking back home - I was floating :D I had this feeling that something good had happened to me for several days afterwords and some sparkles of it still remain :) The only music that has been playing in my mind for these two weeks is Andrea Bocelli :)

I would really really like to thank Mr. Bocelli for coming and singing for us! I beileve he is really welcomed here in Moscow!
June9

Previous

Return to Concert