Barbra Streisand confesses she wants to duet with Andrea

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Barbra Streisand confesses she wants to duet with Andrea

Postby DueBaci on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 2:58 pm

hmmmm... when Andrea wants to duet with someone.. doesn't he like.... just mention it in an interview .. and then next thing you know.
Voilà ! .. his wish comes true ?

I wonder if Barbra's wish will come true :?:

check this out. Apparently Barbra kicked off the first concert of her European tour yesterday in Switzerland. (the first concert was supposed to have been in Rome on June 15th .. and was cancelled)
The better seats cost $1250 Euros. Seems there was a little question and answer exchange between her and the fans.. when she confessed the desire to sing with Andrea Bocelli.

... despite being defined as *cold and frigid* .. .they gave Babra a standing ovation.

" Martedì 19 giugno, al Hallenstadion di Zurigo, si è aperto il primo tour europeo di Barbra Streisand: sul palco, oltre alla diva americana, un’orchestra di cinquantotto elementi.

.... i posti migliori sono stati pagati fino a milleduecentocinquanta euro

.... La Streisand ha tolto gli occhi dallo schermo solo nel momento in cui ha risposto alle domande dei fan e, tra una risposta e l 'altra, ha confessato il desiderio di duettare con Andrea Bocelli.

... Nonostante l ’ interpretazione di Barbra sia stata definita fredda e rigida , il pubblico ha premiato la cantante con più d ’ una standing ovation."

link:

http://www.rockol.it/news-87921/Zurigo- ... -Streisand
DueBaci

Postby Maris on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 3:27 pm

There was outrage in Rome regardng the cost of her tickets. I wonder if that was the reason for the cancellation. And if she does team up with Andrea will his prices go up or hers go down. I think all ticket prices are ridiculous these days.
Maris

Postby Francesca on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 4:10 pm

Elle sera le 26 juin à Paris où ses billets à 582 euros se vendent très mal hahaha ! seulement 20 rangs à quelques jours du concert, je viens de faire une simulation.

Le concert de Nice a été annulé comme celui de Rome. Il ne faut pas prendre les gens pour des imbéciles, il y a des limites à tout.

"interprétation froide et rigide"...ça vaut la peine de payer un tel prix ...
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby DueBaci on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 4:30 pm

interesting Francesca. keep us posted on her concert.

Maris.. while I don't dispute the cost of putting on a concert like this...

I do think ticket prices have gotten out of hand...

... I wish I knew someone in the music biz who might be able to explain.. I mean, does it have to do with corporate backing ? and since corporations are *cutting back* ... maybe they don't financially back concerts like they used to .. so the producer/*performer* has to come up with the money themselves.. and passes the expense on to the consumer ?

I don't know... just a thought.
DueBaci

Postby sofia on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 6:03 pm

The price of the tickets are unacceptable.It's normal they don't sell well.
According to our local european standards,and maybe even standards elsewhere ,worldwide,these are unacceptable prices.
I mean,even if you love and admire La Streisand very much,and of course I have to admit that her vocal capacities are much above the avarage singer,you must be financialy able to give this high amount.
This is not possible for most of the people.
I do agree that her big talent should be rewardered.........but there are limits.
What good is it to ask these very high prices if no-one is willing,or able,to pay them.
sofia

Postby Tesora on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 6:39 pm

When you can enjoy a week's vacation at an exclusive resort somewhere for the same price as a single concert ticket, then you know the prices have become ridiculous.

I'm sure that the concept of "supply and demand" will prevail and the prices will have to be set at levels that people are prepared to pay. I think it's great that people in Nice and Rome have put their collective foot down and refused to buy tickets, resulting in the concert being cancelled (if that is, in fact, what happened).

I'm sure the concert organisers aren't prepared to hold shows at empty arenas, so they will have to smarten up.

Even for Andrea, whom I enjoy greatly (obviously), I wouldn't pay 1250 Euros (that's almost $1800 Canadian dollars!).

Of course, if he was offering a private concert in my living room for that price, I might reconsider :lol: .
Tesora

Postby Francesca on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 7:07 pm

sofia wrote:I mean,even if you love and admire La Streisand very much,and of course I have to admit that her vocal capacities are much above the avarage singer,you must be financialy able to give this high amount.
This is not possible for most of the people.

C'est très triste pour de nombreux fans de Barbra Streisand qui auraient aimé la voir puisque c'est sa première apparition en France (et peut-être bien la dernière) et qui de ce fait ne peuvent réaliser leur rêve.
Francesca

Postby sofia on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 7:18 pm

Dommage que l'artiste ne pense pas a cela.......car il n'y a pas que l'argent dans la vie.
Pourqu'oi ne pas etre plus acceptible,et alors je ne dis pas que elle doit travailler pour rien.
L'amour de lart,il est parfois loin a trouver.
sofia

Postby Janice on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 8:19 pm

IF Barbra Streisand wants to do this, I wonder what the hold up is already???? It was quite awhile back (maybe even in the 90s?) when she met Andrea and they are supposed to have expressed a mutual wish to sing together. It didn't take him nearly so long to get his wish to duet with Christina Aguilera. I'm thinking she could make this happen if she really wanted to.
Janice

Postby DueBaci on Wed 20 Jun, 2007 9:36 pm

Janice

... a reporter asked a similar question in a recent interview.

here's the question .. and what Andrea answered.

I suoi biglietti costano al massimo 207 euro, contro gli 800 e più della poi annullata Barbra Streisand. La quale venne un giorno a bussare in persona alla sua porta a Forte dei Marmi, per proporle un duetto. E %u2019 pentito che non se n %u2019 è fatto nulla?

Andrea : «Ogni volta che un artista di statura mi chiede un duetto, risponderei di sì. Ma la crisi discografica impone tempistiche, e per incidere ci vuole una canzone, che lì non c%u2019era».

(translation alla DueBaci)

Your tickets cost a maximum of 207 Euros, as opposed to the 800 or more for the cancelled Barbra Streisand concert. There was a day when she personally knocked on your door in Forte dei Marmi, to suggest a duet. Are you sorry that nothing came of it ?

Andrea said: %u201C Every time that an artist of stature asks me to do a duet, I would respond with yes. But, the record company crisis imposes schedules, and in order to record... it wants a song, and it was not there.

the thread to the article is found here:

http://lnx.andreabocelli.org/Gold/viewt ... highlight=
DueBaci

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Thu 21 Jun, 2007 1:04 am

La señora STREISSAND no necesita que nadie avale su trayectoria y su calidad profesional, pero creo excesivo el costo de las entradas, aun para alguien como ella, quizas este ahi, la cancelacion. Seguramente para ANDREA, pueda ser un halago ser requerido por ella para un dueto, pero yo me pregunto ¿lo necesita BOCELLI?.Yo creo que no.Bien sabemos cuanto mas se luce actuando solo. Y si la idea se concretara....¿quien pagaria esos precios?.En mi pais, serian casi 4000 pesos, lo que casi nadie gana trabajando todo un mes. Porsupuesto en Europa el standart es muy diferente, pero aun asi lo veo de concrecion riesgosa.
De poder pagarlo, sin dudar, solo quisiera disfrutar de un concierto en donde el señor BOCELLI, fuera la unica estrella.
jezabel66a

Re: no subject.

Postby DueBaci on Thu 21 Jun, 2007 4:25 am

jezabel66a wrote: .... solo quisiera disfrutar de un concierto en donde el señor BOCELLI, fuera la unica estrella.

me too. The less of others there are .. and the more of Bocelli there is .. the better.
DueBaci

Postby anna62 on Tue 26 Jun, 2007 1:15 pm

Je viens de suivre , sur Europe n°1 , une émission très intéressante , au cours de laquelle des auditeurs se sont exprimés au sujet des prix des places de concert - dont , bien sûr , celui de B. Streisand : il semble bien que , même si en majorité , les gens sont choqués par les tarifs , ils n'hésitent pas à faire une folie pour voir leur idole ... 300€ pour Aznavour , par exemple , auxquels s'ajoutent souvent des frais de transport , voire de logement . J'ai même entendu une dame avouer qu'elle se privait cette année de vacances pour assister à ce concert !
....donc , les places pour Lajatico restent dans le domaine du "raisonnable" ?
Les artistes ont intérêt à en profiter : si les prix augmentent encore , ils finiront par chanter devant des salles quasi-vides .... Mme Streisand ne semble pas être parvenue à remplir la sienne ! A force de trop vouloir , on finit par tout perdre !!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby Francesca on Tue 26 Jun, 2007 9:54 pm

"raisonnable"? sans doute, "possible" ? pas pour tout le monde si l'on doit ajouter le prix de l'avion et de l'hôtel.

Il y a quelques années je suis allée voir Charles Aznavour au Palais des Congrès, je ne me souviens plus du prix des places, il devait être loin des 300 euros sinon on ne m'y aurait pas vue.

La seule fois où j'étais prête à payer plus de 100 euros c'était l'année dernière pour Andrea, mais soucieux de l'équilibre de mon budget il a décidé de me faire faire une économie :wink:
Francesca

Postby Mysz on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:36 pm

Francesca wrote:"raisonnable"? sans doute, "possible" ? pas pour tout le monde si l'on doit ajouter le prix de l'avion et de l'hôtel.

Il y a quelques années je suis allée voir Charles Aznavour au Palais des Congrès, je ne me souviens plus du prix des places, il devait être loin des 300 euros sinon on ne m'y aurait pas vue.

La seule fois où j'étais prête à payer plus de 100 euros c'était l'année dernière pour Andrea, mais soucieux de l'équilibre de mon budget il a décidé de me faire faire une économie :wink:
Last year I paid the top price for two tickets to Lajatico concert. I too would only do that to see Andrea and not for any other artist. I and my husband had the best seats money could buy and it was fantastic absolute magic. But nothing went wrong, no cancellation, hotel was great and very near to venue. The worst that can happen is cancellation for dubious reasons like in the case of Andrea Chenier. I can not imagine anybody accepting poor excuse like ‘’scheduling difficulties’’ as good and acceptable reason for disappointing hundreds of fans who lost aeroplane tickets. Not many of us can buy flights the day before we travel. Unfortunately big stars the bigger they get the less they care about they fans. Money matters most to them and they management.
Mysz

Postby Francesca on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 1:15 pm

Les excuses pour l'annulation d'Andrea Chénier étaient assez floues mais elles existaient.

Pour Paris nous n'avons eu aucunes explications, pas un seul mot, et c'est cela que je ne peux pas pardonner.
Francesca

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 1:58 pm

Most of us would do it for Andrea, but of course there are other people who would do it for their favourite singer, be it Streisand or whoever.

I have paid 157 euro to see him in Vienna, as that is only going to be him and Carlo, in a small theatre and that, to me, is well worth the money.
I wouldn't pay that sort of money for a big arena though.
carolina1954

Postby anna62 on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 2:45 pm

For sure , we'd do it for Andrea , even for big arenas , if there isn't anything else ..... and Lajatico is quite a big arena , isn't it ??
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 3:30 pm

Lajatico is something like 8000 seats now ?
That is why I have only bought a 50 euro ticket !
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 4:41 pm

50 euros c'est le maximum que j'ai payé en Italie, que ce soit à Bologne ou à Florence, mais......c'était le prix des premiers rangs !!!!
Francesca

Postby Lelly on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 9:05 pm

We've paid £125 to see Andrea AND Dame Kiri te Kanawa AND Sir James Galway AND the Royal Phil and Royal Chorus - sounds like good value to me!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:11 pm

That's ok if you like Dame Kiri and Sir James, but you get less of Andrea !
Tastes vary, obviously, but I would not pay to go and see either of those two.
I expect there are lots of people who bought tickets just to see Kiri and they are probably unhappy at having to share her.
carolina1954

Postby Ivannia on Fri 29 Jun, 2007 12:09 am

Interesting, Straiseng and Bocelli? I don't know, I would like to know if Andrea will be interested....
Anyway i like to see when he makes a due with other singers
Ivannia R.
Ivannia

Return to Concert