Postby Francesca on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:20 pm

Haha ! ce sera sans doute le Canada anglophone, pas le Québec :D
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby kaycarley on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:43 pm

but OF COURSE!!! :D :D :D
kaycarley

Postby Mysz on Sun 03 Jun, 2007 7:39 am

For the concert at O2 arena in London when calling from abroad you can use the following numbers for Ticketmaster booking line: 00441613853500 or 00441613853211. Unfortunately all the good seats are gone now. Tickets are on sale since 25.05.2007. It is very unfair to the funs to confirm this concert a week after the sales of the tickets begun.
Mysz

Postby Francesca on Mon 04 Jun, 2007 8:09 am

Evidemment maintenant les meilleures places ont été vendues. Cela prouve qu'il ne faut pas être discipliné ni suivre les conseils donnés.

C'est incompréhensible de voir un tel manque d'information. Normalement les artistes ont leur planning pour des mois, voire des années, pourquoi faudrait-il toujours faire une exception ?
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Mysz on Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:35 pm

Ticketmaster is selling today (13.06.2007) very good seats for Andrea concert at O2 Arena. I just bought Block A2 row A. For some reason they must have released this seats today. Possibly they were selling less desirable seats first? If anyone is looking for best seats for this concert then log in to buy them now.
Mysz

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:53 pm

I looked just now and it was row C

I think that is really bad practice. Yesterday they were selling lower tier seats only, as best available.
carolina1954

Postby Lelly on Wed 13 Jun, 2007 10:28 pm

I think Ticketmaster make a habit of doing this - I seem to recall that they did this at Wembley in 2004. They seem to hold back some seats until the most expensive ones have been sold to mugs - oops sorry, fans like us. Sorry Mysz, but I think if you sit in Row A you'll get a lovely view up Andrea's nose.
Lesley
Lelly

Postby blacklab84 on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi Carolina, Michelle, Lelly and Gill,

I'd been checking for concert dates regularly and like others thought Andrea was taking his 'long holiday' so gave it a break for a couple of days.... I could have kicked myself!! Thankfully my brother mentioned seeing posters in London, so I immediatedly checked with the O2 for seat avilability. Managed to get Block B2 Row J which doesn't compare with yours or when I saw him last October at Wembley, but their all the same!!:D :D

Marion
blacklab84

Postby Lelly on Wed 27 Jun, 2007 8:59 pm

when I saw him last October at Wembley, but their all the same

That's all that counts Marion!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby blacklab84 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 5:10 pm

Andrea was in excellent form last night at the 02, wearing his tux, white shirt and tie, hair long, wavy, slightly tussled, possibly a little more silver but fabulously handsome as ever. Noticed he was moving his right arm in time to the music. Very attentive to his guests, lots of smiles and arms reaching out. Similar programme to 2006 Europe Tour but with a twist at the end with O Sole Mio, The Prayer and Time to Say Goodbye accompanied by Sir James Gallway on flute as encores. Duets with Dame Kiri Ti Kanawa were really superb. Andrea spoke in English of how special it was to have James Gallway his wife Jeanne Gallway and Kiri Ti Kanawa all of whom he admired, as his guests.

Thank you, thank you dearest Andrea for another memorable evening. :cheers: :cheers:

Looking forward to watching you on the televised Concert for Diana later this afternoon. Good Luck for the Concert at the Theatre of Silence on 5th July. Despite wanting to see you as often as possible I really hope you soon get to take the 'Long holiday' you desperately deserve.

With love
Marion
blacklab84

Postby Southerngirl on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 6:51 pm

Thanks for the wonderful description of Andrea. You did an excellent job of making us feel as if we were there through your eloquent words.

God Bless :salut:
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Lelly on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:45 pm

Marion - you just said it all. I didn't realise you were there! We met Gill and her husband at the hotel, and then in the arena we met Michelle and her mother, so it was a bit of a fan gathering. What a fantastic concert! I'm a great fan of Dame Kiri and I just loved their duet - they looked so relaxed together and he was just so sexy when he sang to her - good job my husband was with me to keep me under control! I just loved Aranquez - it's always been one of my favourites but I've never heard him sing it live before. I really liked James Galway's version, and also The Prayer. Not one of my favourites, but it was wonderful. Again, Granada is not on of my favourites, but he sings it so well. He seemed much more relaxed last night - keeping time with the music, swinging his arms, smiling, at one point he looked as if he was trying not to laugh when he was singing!

It was a truly great night, and I think we were all pleasantly surprised with the O2 arena. I just wish they would treat it as an "opera gala" and not let people in after it has started, and especially not with drinks and boxes of food! I was glad Andrea couldn't see what was going on, I would have been really embarrassed for London.

I just love the "silver haired" look - it suits him so much and as Gill said, he just gets more handsome every time! The memory of last night will last for a long time .........
Lesley
Lelly

Postby blacklab84 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks Southerngirl,

I know how much we all look forward to hearing every detail of Andrea performances. Sadly there were no programmes available last night which was very disappointing, 02 staff said this was because the concert was arranged at short notice and was a one-off.

I realise they've only been open a few days and teething problems are inevitable, but they need to address some serious issues regarding access/use for the elderly and disabled that clearly weren't thought through for last night's performance. Having put on my porfessional hat, I found staff listened and responded well. Hopefully comments made to a more senior member of staff will now be taken on board for the future!

Marion
blacklab84

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:34 pm

So pleased you all had a great time last night.
What a shame they did not have programmes, and what a poor excuse for not having any !
He does sing Granada so well, heard it for the first time in Ireland, last year. You had a wonderful selection of songs.
Was the place full ?
carolina1954

Postby Mysz on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 9:56 pm

I took some photos of Andrea last night. I hope you can see them using this link http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x205/myszbocelli/
Mysz

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 01 Jul, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks for sharing Mysz
carolina1954

Postby kbarham on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 11:02 am

Thanks for sharing the photos with us.......
Karen
kbarham

Concert in O2 arena

Postby Mysz on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 11:54 am

carolina1954 wrote:So pleased you all had a great time last night.
What a shame they did not have programmes, and what a poor excuse for not having any !
He does sing Granada so well, heard it for the first time in Ireland, last year. You had a wonderful selection of songs.
Was the place full ?

About 20% of the seats in various parts of auditorium were empty. I don’t think this will ever happened again and the nest Andrea concert there will be sold out. O2 arena is a great venue. It’s very large but does not appear overwhelming. You get great view from every seat. I had a first row seat, my husband was in block 112 row G and two friends of ours were in block 108 row V right at the back of the auditorium. We all had the great time. It is very easy to get to O2 arena by tube. Jubilee line is great. I live in West London, on the other side of the city from the arena, yet it took me only 45 minutes on the tube to get to venue. There are many restaurants in the arena. Most of them are due to open in July 2007. Drinks in the bar are extremely reasonably priced. Overall it is much better venue then Wembley arena. People will soon discover this. Bad luck for us it will be much more difficult to get great seats for the next Andrea concert there.
Mysz

Previous

Return to Concert