Concert in London , o2 Arena

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby kbarham on Sat 26 May, 2007 9:28 am

Unfortunately I will be unable to see Andrea this time. Too costly for me what with the price of tickets, car parking charge and somewhere to stay overnight. I just hope that Andrea will still come over to the UK with his usual concerts at Manchester or Birmingham. Fingers crossed........I look forward to reading all about the concert from those lucky ones that will be there. Enjoy............
Karen
kbarham

Postby Francesca on Sat 26 May, 2007 2:37 pm

Londres est plus près de Paris que beaucoup de villes françaises, 2 h ½ avec Eurostar de la gare du Nord à la gare de Waterloo, malheureusement le prix des places, 185 euros pour les meilleures, et les prix des hôtels londoniens, rendent les concerts à Londres inaccessibles pour beaucoup.
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Monica on Mon 28 May, 2007 1:55 am

Renate,est-ce que le concert de Londres est confirmé? Il semble y avoir un manque de communication avec le nouveau management.
Monica

Postby Francesca on Mon 28 May, 2007 9:38 am

Nouveau management ? Si c'est d'Atelier Musicale que tu parles il semblerait qu'il ne faille pas compter sur eux pour la promotion, rien n'est annoncé sur leur site, ni Moscou, ni Vienne, et bien sûr pas Lajatico.
Le plus étonnant c'est que le concert de Londres ne soit pas annoncé sur le site officiel.....
Francesca

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 28 May, 2007 10:11 am

Very strange indeed, that there is no "official" announcement of the London concert.

Who would have known if Classic FM had not advertised it ?
carolina1954

Postby kaycarley on Mon 28 May, 2007 10:44 am

I think it is almost certainly the case that "Andrea" is a late addition to this concert.
I don't know whether you get the Classic FM ewsletter etc Caroline but it sounds as though you might. They may have mentioned the concert without my noticing but they certainly didn't mention Andrea. I wouldn't have missed that.
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 28 May, 2007 11:01 am

Kay, I heard them mention his name on Classic FM, that's how I knew, see my opening post on this topic.

I wonder if they added Andrea, as he is/might be in London for the Diana concert ? We don't know about that either.....why not ?
Maybe no tickets will be available for that one ?
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Mon 28 May, 2007 2:51 pm

Francesca

Postby kaycarley on Mon 28 May, 2007 5:00 pm

I knew that you had heard an announcement Caroline but wondered if you had also received an email. It does seem very likely that Andrea will be making more than one appearance at this time . He usually makes the most of his time here. Perhaps we should watch out for the odd TV appearance also.
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 28 May, 2007 5:35 pm

No, not an email. I am signed up to their email service, but it seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair, as I only get about one a month, or so it seems.

I think it might be an excellent idea to watch out for TV appearances :D

I have a great little computer program, that I can type in a name, or any word, and it will look out for TV programmes with that word in it - it is called: onthebox. Google it and it should find it.
carolina1954

Postby Lelly on Mon 28 May, 2007 7:05 pm

On the Classifcm website the concert is billed as "Bocelli and Friends" so it sounds as if it's "his" concert and he'll be the star. Anyway, he will be for us whatever he sings. Maybe he was waiting for Dame Kiri to confirm ....or perhaps he was waiting for official confirmation of the Lajitico date before confirming this date? Whatever, I don't really care why it hasn't been put on the site "officially" as long as I get to see him!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby kaycarley on Mon 28 May, 2007 7:23 pm

Of course he will be the star! Perhaps they just got confirmation as you say before publicising it. They probably realise that they need far less publicity for Andrea. Just mention his name and the tickets go like hot cakes. Yes ,it does look as if everything has been hanging on the Lajatico date. I think it was only an issue because some people found it difficult to believe - which is understandable.
kaycarley

Postby Fipi on Mon 28 May, 2007 10:51 pm

The Concert has also been advertised in the weekend papers as Andrea Bocelli and friends.

It has a very nice picture of him on there too with that gorgeous smile.
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Mysz on Tue 29 May, 2007 10:53 am

I just bought ticket to O2 Arena for Andrea Bocelli and Friends on 30.06.2007. Tickets are on sale from 25.05.2007 so best seats are long gone. I wonder why we have to find out about concerts buy chance or accident rather then by announcemnt on Andrea Bocelli webside?
Mysz

Postby Monica on Tue 29 May, 2007 10:06 pm

I hope it's true Mysz....
Monica

Postby Francesca on Wed 30 May, 2007 8:17 am

On nous a toujours dit que tant qu'il n'y a pas d'annonce sur le site officiel rien n'est certain.
Ce silence devient inquiétant......
Francesca

Postby Mysz on Wed 30 May, 2007 8:38 am

Francesca wrote:On nous a toujours dit que tant qu'il n'y a pas d'annonce sur le site officiel rien n'est certain.
Ce silence devient inquiétant......
Ticketmaster will refund if concert does not happened. I live in London so I am not risking travelling expenses like I did for ''Andrea Chenier''. This opera was announced and remained on Andrea Bocelli website for a long time. Nothing therefore is certain.
Mysz

Postby Francesca on Wed 30 May, 2007 9:34 am

C'est vrai, rien n'est jamais sûr :roll:

Pas de risques quand on vit à Londres :)
Francesca

Postby Michelle on Thu 31 May, 2007 10:29 am

Francesca - have you searched for more reasonably-priced accomodation in London? I came across hundreds of options, from hostels to guest-houses to different grades of hotel, when I was searching for my own accomadtion there...
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Francesca on Thu 31 May, 2007 4:14 pm

Merci Michelle. Non je n'ai pas vraiment cherché les hôtels, j'ai seulement regardé le prix d'Eurostar.

Je n'envisage pas d'aller à ce concert pour plusieurs raisons, la première est qu'il n'est pas encore annoncé officiellement, ce qui est anormal, la deuxième est le prix des places, etc....
Francesca

Postby Francesca on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 10:26 am

Il ne faut jamais désespérer...le concert de Londres est enfin annoncé !!!

http://www.andreabocelli.com/2006/newsportal.html

Ces annonces in extremis sont vraiment difficiles à gérer pour le public.
Francesca

Postby Francesca on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 4:08 pm

comment fait-on pour acheter les billets quand on n'est pas en Grande-Bretagne ?
Je ne vois que Great Britain, North Ireland, Republic of Ireland.....
Francesca

Postby kaycarley on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 5:46 pm

Your post prompted me to lookk at the site francesca but I didn't get very far as I happened to see the prices of seats in Manchester for Barbara Streisand's concert. £570 for a seat in a scruffy sports arena.
I will have tolie down for a while........
I also noticed that the Gypsy kings are appearing at the Tower of London on 29 June. I wonder if there is any possibility of their joining Andrea on the 30th?
I expect you would have to ring Ticketmaster directly . Very few sites seem to consider those booking from abroad which seems very shortsighted when they are dealing with international artistes.
kaycarley

Postby Francesca on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 8:33 pm

Merci Kay, c'est bien ce que je craignais. S'il n'est pas possible de réserver on-line, je doute qu'au téléphone on puisse s'exprimer dans une autre langue que l'anglais :D

C'était uniquement à titre d'information pour l'avenir.
Francesca

Postby kaycarley on Sat 02 Jun, 2007 9:10 pm

I am amazed to find that ticketmaster has affiliate agencies in places such as Turkey and Finland but none in France. One learns something new every day. Perhaps you could contact their offices in Canada Francesca? :scratch: :) :) :)
kaycarley

PreviousNext

Return to Concert