UK Tour

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

UK Tour

Postby Lelly on Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:18 pm

Could those of you who have been around longer than me (in OS terms of course) tell me if Andrea only has a UK tour once every two years? So unless there is another reason, we have to wait until 2008 to see him here again? If this is so, I think I shall DIE!!! Oh alright I won't really die, but I'll be extremely fed up! :(
Lesley
Lelly

Postby Fipi on Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:51 pm

Lesley, I am sure that
Andrea has toured here more often than every other year.
My memory is not that good for years but snce I first saw him in Hyde Park I have seen him in Birmingham once and three times in Wembley Arena. I know that a couple of times I had to give him a miss, much to my disappointment but I did see him at two Classical Brits picking up awards.

Keep your fingers crossed, maybe they will soon announce some dates for this year
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Yakima on Tue 13 Mar, 2007 12:35 am

I guess we are all missing his smiling face, it would be really nice if there would be a magazine interview with Andrea complete with pictures that we could buy here in the USA, I'm thinking we are spoiled fans he did give his all last year to the fans. I'm sure he is enjoying a much needed break . I guess what we really would like would be some current news of him and what he is up to.
Yakima

Postby kbarham on Tue 13 Mar, 2007 7:27 am

Hi Lelly. Hyde Park concert was Andrea's first UK concert and there has been a concert in the UK every year since. (I'm sure I'm right but I know if I'm not someone will correct me, my mind not being that good! :lol: ) I know for at least one year I managed to see Andrea twice which was fantastic. We can only hope that Andrea will be here this year in concert. I'm ready and waiting.........and hoping.............. [-o<
Karen
kbarham

Postby Renate on Tue 13 Mar, 2007 7:54 pm

If someone really wants to know exactly I could recommand the live pages of Bocelli.de
I think every single UK concert should be listed there in chronological order. Maybe it helps
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby kbarham on Wed 14 Mar, 2007 7:02 am

Thanks Renate for this information. As always we appreciate the work you do for Andrea's fans................
Karen
kbarham

Concerts in UK

Postby patriciabutler on Wed 14 Mar, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Lelly and Kay,
Now now girls we mustn't be selfish, besides isn't half the joy in the anticipation There are only so many concerts that can be done in one year, and there is only one Andrea Bocelli. He has such a huge following, all around the world, and they all want to see him perform live in concert .
Personally I would rather he did fewer concerts and keep healthy than see him work himself to 'death' trying to satisfy everyone. Too much pressure can lead to illhealth as evidenced last year with his health problems.
Sorry don't mean to sound preachy, but I am sure you know what I mean
Tricia
patriciabutler

Postby Michelle on Wed 14 Mar, 2007 2:27 pm

Know exactly what you mean Tricia - and I agree!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Lelly on Wed 14 Mar, 2007 7:45 pm

isn't half the joy in the anticipation

I know what you mean Patricia, and I do understand how much you worry about Andrea - but I can't help it!!

Karen I also saw him twice one year, at the Faenol in August and then at Hyde Park in September, although I didn't exactly see "him" - just the big screen. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he appeared at the Faenol again?
Lesley
Lelly

Postby kbarham on Thu 15 Mar, 2007 7:28 am

Lelly wrote:Karen I also saw him twice one year, at the Faenol in August and then at Hyde Park in September, although I didn't exactly see "him" - just the big screen. Wouldn't it be fantastic if he appeared at the Faenol again?

Yes Lesley, I would love to see Andrea again at the Faenol as it was a magical night especially when Andrea and Bryn sang The Pearl Fishers duet.........and the Welsh audience were lovely too, so friendly, a great day all round.
Karen
kbarham

Postby Michelle on Thu 15 Mar, 2007 9:59 am

Oooh - I would have loved to have seen the duet Karen! I love that piece, regardless, but to hear/see Andrea and Bryn must have been spine-tingling!
Michelle

Postby Darcy on Thu 15 Mar, 2007 2:28 pm

Michelle wrote:Oooh - I would have loved to have seen the duet Karen! I love that piece, regardless, but to hear/see Andrea and Bryn must have been spine-tingling!

Me, too.

I also adore that piece.

I have that duet between Andrea on Bryn on a DVD called, if I remember correctly, "Bryn".

Brilliant.
"Music is the poetry of the air." ~ Richter
Darcy

Postby Lelly on Thu 15 Mar, 2007 9:36 pm

to hear/see Andrea and Bryn must have been spine-tingling!

It certainly was - they seem to have a rapport, they were even fooling around a bit - Andrea put his hand on Bryn's shoulder and tried to jump up a bit to make him as tall as Bryn. As Karen says, it was a truly magical night. One of the funniest things was right at the end - all three of them, Andrea, Bryn and the soprano Erin Wall (fabulous) were taking their bows and the orchestra struck up again for Land of my Fathers. I think Andrea and Erin wondered what was happening, and of course they didn't know the words, especially as most were singing in Welsh, and the expressions on their faces was quite something! I don't think they'd every heard anything quite like it!

By the way, I looked it up on Bryns' website and there's only an inch in it!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby Renate on Fri 16 Mar, 2007 12:02 am

Lelly wrote:....and the orchestra struck up again for Land of my Fathers. I think Andrea and Erin wondered what was happening, and of course they didn't know the words, especially as most were singing in Welsh, and the expressions on their faces was quite something! I don't think they'd every heard anything quite like it!

not only them...
I have been at this concert too, at the end mouth wide open and eyes dangerously wet.
I never before heard sing such a huge crowd of individual people together in such harmony as if they had trained it for ages. And all this in a kind of secret language...
beautiful memory. Thank you Wales!
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Lelly on Fri 16 Mar, 2007 10:15 pm

I have been at this concert too,

I wish I knew that you were there Renate, it would have been lovely to meet you, as I'm sure Karen would agree. I wonder how many fans from the OS were there. We should have some sort of meeting point at all Andrea's concerts so we can get together - perhaps we should get some umbrellas printed, although they wouldn't have been much use in the wind at the Faenol!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby kbarham on Sat 17 Mar, 2007 8:41 am

Yes, it would have been great to meet up and you are right Leslie umbrellas wouldn't have been any good at the Faenol unless you were 'Mary Poppins!' It was such a memorable night...........
Karen
kbarham

Postby Renate on Sat 17 Mar, 2007 2:15 pm

Lelly wrote:
...We should have some sort of meeting point at all Andrea's concerts so we can get together - perhaps we should get some umbrellas printed, although they wouldn't have been much use in the wind at the Faenol!

this is one of the reasons I created the forum
Meeting Point" for. I thought the name would indicate to fans here, to use this forum to arrange meetings at concerts. I am not able to do this for any single concert in each corner of the world, so it is up to the fans to say: "Hey, I am going to the concert at ...., anybody else going? Do we like to meet?" And then you could arrange an appropriate sign to find each other. At Faenol it should have been something with a sheep. I never have seen so many sheep everywhere around....
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby peramore on Thu 17 May, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi, this is peramore speaking... I'm looking for a concert somewhere at the end of June early July in Ireland preferably. My friend is coming for a visit and has never had the pleasure... last year's concert in Galway was good and packed! I'm sure, those people would love to see Andrea again!
Any news about his next schedules?
Thanks,
peramore
Per amore, non faccio niente solo per amore...
peramore

Postby Michelle on Fri 18 May, 2007 11:27 am

Too right we would Peramore!!! (us and thousands of others around the globe, I suspect! lol!)
Michelle

Postby Cami McNamee on Fri 18 May, 2007 1:29 pm

Lelly wrote:By the way, I looked it up on Bryns' website and there's only an inch in it!

Not to be self-serving Lelly, but on Bo.de there is my fan report on this wonderful concert. You might enjoy reading it.

I agree wholeheartedly with you and with Renate. This concert was an amazing happening not least because Jack and I decided to go at the last minute (two days before), and it was a whirlwind magical journey for us! Bryn and Andrea truly have a special rapport both in their friendship and in their voices. And the moment you both single out--the Welsh people raising their voices in that stirring anthem in perfect harmony and with the Welsh flags waving everywhere over their heads---well, we were all in tears!

Cami
Cami McNamee

Return to Concert