Petite Messe Solennelle

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby kaycarley on Sun 06 May, 2007 11:20 am

In reply to your comment Westsiderny, I know of several fans who wish to have both quality and quantity and may well be able to do so by attending Andrea's performances later in the year. Surely we would all do the same - unless we were very "rich " fans.
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 06 May, 2007 11:53 am

I just checked the Ansa photos and they are not current, but the Teatro Bellini one is.

I attended the Friday night and would have gone on the Saturday too, but I had to fly back that day.

Yes, maybe it is a poor subsititute if you just want to hear him sing, but then you can listen to a CD or watch a DVD.
To be able to watch him and hear him interact with other singers and the orchestra is wonderful and worth every penny of the ticket.
So he only sings one song... extremely well I must add, but he sings in harmony with the others and you can hear him do that. He is on stage for the whole performance, which is about 90 minutes and I am sure it is just as tiring for him as singing maybe 12 songs himself as he has to concentrate on what the others are doing all the time and he does it perfectly.
You can see him at times mouthing along with the others...lovely, and his smiles when someone else has done well are priceless too.

I have not had time to check where and when he is going to be doing concerts but I spoke to the lady of the English film crew, who have been following him since Madison Square Garden concert. They have just spent 3 weeks at his house and she is absolutely full of admiration for Andrea, what a wonderful man he is and how he makes it so easy for them.

She told me Lajatico would be early July, she was hoping they would do it at the end of the month rather than the beginning, but from other reports it seems to be 5th July ?
She also said he was doing the Pincess Diana Memorial Concert at the Royal Albert Hall, the Moscow concert 20th June and then something about a week before Moscow but I did not catch what she said. I am assuming the Diana one is sometime in late August ?
I asked would we get to see this film and she told me they were an independent unit, but filming for the BBC, and hopefully it was going to be shown Christmas Eve, in the UK.

Cami was there too, on the Friday night, so I am hoping she will do one of her beautiful reportd, as I am no good at that.
I will send Renate some photos, so she can put them on Bocelli.de if she wishes.

After the performance Andrea came out and spent a good 10 minutes chatting to fans and posing for photos. He was very casually dressed and obviously relaxed. I hope he enjoyed doing that, he seemed to and it shows what a nice person he is.
I was there with my daughter and she was quite impressed with the whole evening.

A wonderful evening......thanks again Andrea !
carolina1954

Postby sofia on Sun 06 May, 2007 2:26 pm

And thank you for letting us share all this Carolina.
Very much appreciated!
sofia

Postby Tesora on Sun 06 May, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks for the report, Caroline. Glad you had a good time and got back home safely. Did you get a chance to chat with Andrea yourself at the end?
Tesora

Postby kaycarley on Sun 06 May, 2007 5:32 pm

I am very glad that yenjoyed the performance Caroline and thank you very much fot the information about the documentary. I did not mean to denigrate this performance or those who atended it in any way. I am sure that it was wonderful and well worth attending if you were travelling in Italy at this time as I seem to remember was the case with you. I was merely stating what i know to be a fact. Some fans who had planned to attend Andrea Chenier" postponed their plans when it was cancelled and did not feel it worthwhile to make the journey just for the peformance of the "Messe". As they plan to visit Italy later this year to see other performances I think it is illogical to call them "Poor Fans".
kaycarley

Postby Francesca on Sun 06 May, 2007 6:01 pm

Some fans who had planned to attend Andrea Chenier" postponed their plans when it was cancelled and did not feel it worthwhile to make the journey just for the peformance of the "Messe".

Tout à fait d'accord, on peut être une "vraie" fan sans avoir la possibilité de voyager ici ou là quand on veut et où on veut.
Si voir un opéra peut nous entraîner à faire l'impossible il n'en est pas de même pour une participation de 10 minutes à une messe. Bienheureux ceux qui peuvent se le permettre.
Merci à Caroline pour son commentaire. :)
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 06 May, 2007 7:29 pm

I do agree Kaycarley that it may not have been worth the expense for those who would rather have a whole concert or opera for their money.

I had booked and paid for the flights to see him in Andrea Chenier and was fortunate that I had booked for end of his run in that opera, so for me it was great that I got to attend this Mass rather than not see him at all.
I went with my daughter and son in law, whose family come from the Catania area, so we had another purpose as well.

My point is, that to see him for 90 minutes, albeit only singing one solo, and some harmonies with others, is well worth it, especially when he took the trouble to come out and chat with us afterwards and allow us to take photos.
We can hear him sing any time on a CD, but to be alllowed to observe him, from very close and without hindrance, is an opportunity we don't get very often.
carolina1954

Postby kaycarley on Sun 06 May, 2007 9:45 pm

I take your point carolina and i am sure you are right. I am so pleased it all worked out so well for you. It must have been a very special experience when Andrea came out to chat in that way.
I was only attempting to answer Tesora's query about possible reasons for the unsold tickets,
kaycarley

Postby LaCavallerizza on Mon 07 May, 2007 3:07 am

Thanks for the report Caroline. Your pictures are great!
Jenny
LaCavallerizza

Postby chouchou on Mon 07 May, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi, Carolina
Thank you for the report. It must have been so exciting!! Although I couldn't see Andrea, I truly enjoyed Catania and I went to see the theatre of course.
That's why I can just imagine him singing there! (ps: I went to UK before going to Sicily and loved England, too!!) :P
chouchou

Postby sam on Mon 07 May, 2007 1:43 pm

Thank you Caroline for a very good report!
Grazie Caroline per il rapporto scritto bene!
sam

Postby anna62 on Mon 07 May, 2007 4:57 pm

Grazie Caroline !!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby eleanora on Mon 07 May, 2007 8:40 pm

Thank you Carolina for your report - it is terrific how we fans can all share in the pleasure of a performance thru our friends on line - glad you had a good time with your daughter. :)
eleanora

Postby westsiderny on Mon 07 May, 2007 11:41 pm

kaycarley wrote:Surely we would all do the same - unless we were very "rich " fans.

You called the Petite Messe Solennelle a 'poor' substitute... then, I called the fans that feel that way 'poor' fans. Do you understand the meaning now? Or, do I have to spell it for you? You are always trying to twist things around... :roll:

To call the Petite Messe Solennelle a "poor' substitute... :-k #-o
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Michelle on Tue 08 May, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks Caroline - sounds absolutely wonderful!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Tesora on Tue 08 May, 2007 5:28 pm

Oh dear, I'm afraid I inadvertently caused a kerfuffle (love that word) by asking why there were tickets still outstanding. I'm sure Kay Carley meant no harm in trying to answer the question, and I'm sure WestsiderNY is just trying to defend Andrea's appearance at Catania as being worthy of his fans.

Please....let's have a truce ladies, and carry on with our enthusiastic response to Caroline's report.
Tesora

Postby westsiderny on Tue 08 May, 2007 8:17 pm

Put it this way, Tesora: I am not trying to 'defend' Andrea... I don't think he needs that... I was just suggesting that whoever considers Petite Messe Solennelle a poor substitute, might be a person with a very poor judgement or poor mentality. That's all. No money involved... :roll:
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Boots on Tue 08 May, 2007 9:22 pm

Kerfuffle!!!
Boots

Postby kaycarley on Tue 08 May, 2007 9:53 pm

Please don't blame yourself Tesora. I should have known better than to attempt a little joke with my "play on words"..It may be worth pointing out that I did not actually express any personal opinion about whether this performance was worth attending or not. I am very pleased that caroline and probably many others had the opportunity to see Andrea in ANY performance after the Opera was cancelled. i am sure that they all found it enjoyable and worthwhile. i really don't know how I can express that mre clearly. I am sure everyone else is now as bored with the "kerfuffle" as I am.
kaycarley

Postby eleanora on Tue 08 May, 2007 10:32 pm

:? Seems like a storm in a teacup to me - any performance by Andrea however brief would be worth seeing and even if he only performed a single piece I'm sure he had to learn the whole performance and completely understand it to be able to perform to his own very exacting standard. I've been fortunate enough to see Andrea several times and every time was worth every dollar - sorry to go on so......... :)
eleanora

Postby Renate on Wed 09 May, 2007 11:44 pm

First pictures and information from the performances of the Petite Messe Solennelle now at
Bocelli.de

More to come...
buona notte
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Sun 20 May, 2007 4:06 am

I would be very happy if I had the chance to see that pettite Messe concert also to meet Andrea Bocelli and enjoy the new Theatre del Silenzi' s concert but when you can't participate because you can't stop every thing else suddenly only the hope of my self and many of us is to wait for a chance to watch througth a video if some one is kind enough to let this happen!
So I hope to realize one day my dream if he cames back to Australia for now till anything else may it happen!
bumblebee_miriam06

Previous

Return to Concert