Petite Messe Solennelle

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby kaycarley on Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:00 pm

For some years now andrea has been absent from our TV screens except for a few brief appearances which were hardly publicised. This was not always the case. I can remember a time when i had to keep my VCR ready for action! Does anyone else remember the wonderful surprise one Christmas when channel 4 showed a "Performance Special" with a lot of footage of Andrea at home and appearing at the Palladium and with Pavarotti. Jane Jones from Classic FM did the commentary, I do not have my copy of the tape with me at present but wonder if anyone knows if it is available commercially?
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 22 Apr, 2007 10:26 pm

If it is, I want one ! Please....
carolina1954

Postby Yakima on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 3:22 am

me too,
Yakima

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 5:56 am

Presentato a Catania il Concerto di Bocelli al "Bellini"
La celebre Petite Messe Solemnelle di Gioachino Rossini, il 4 e 5 maggio prossimi, tornerà al Teatro Massimo "Bellini" di Catania dopo sette anni di assenza e riporterà al pubblico siciliano un tenore che ha milioni di fans sparsi per tutto il mondo: Andrea Bocelli.
L'artista, come noto, avrebbe dovuto prendere parte alla produzione dell'opera Andrea Chénier, che ha debuttato con grande successo due giorni fa per la StagioneLirica 2007 del "Bellini", ma ha dovuto rinunciare "per ragioni varie, tra le quali problemi di carattere familiare", come ha spiegato lui stesso questa mattina, in un video-messaggio registrato nei giorni scorsi nella sua abitazione di Forte dei Marmi e proiettato nel foyer del "Bellini" nel corso di una conferenza stampa.

C'è tanta attesa tra il pubblico per i due concerti straordinari; e infatti sono numerose le richieste di biglietti arrivate anche da altre parti d'Italia e dall'estero. In tanti hanno espresso il desiderio di poter ascoltare Andrea Bocelli, un artista che evidentemente è molto amato dal pubblico, come peraltro testimoniano i 52 milioni di dischi venduti nella sua carriera, la maggior parte dei quali conincisioni di concerti e opere liriche.
"Sono felice di tornare al "Bellini" - ha detto peraltro Bocelli nel suo video messaggio - perché in questo teatro ho meravigliosi ricordi".

http://www.teatro.org/rubriche/news/det ... _news=8654
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Francesca on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 6:58 am

Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 5:08 pm

I know, but I have nothing else to do... Besides, double new news is better than no news at all... :lol:

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 5:59 pm

Nellie, nothing else to do ? You who live in what must be the liveliest city in the world ? Shame on you girl ! :lol:

But as you say, double news is better than no news, and guess who's got tickets for the performance on the 4th .....
Excited? Moi ? You bet !!
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 6:21 pm

I know you got tickets for the 4th and I can't wait for your report and beautiful photos you always take. And regarding New York City... yes, you are right, but you can't be running around all day! Last night I went to a concert at the Avery Fisher Hall and saw another "Italiano vero" performing... It was my 'consolation' for not being able to go to Catania. Of course, an event totally opposite to the Petite Messe Solennelle, but I enjoyed it immensely though. I am not ashamed to admit it... :lol:

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 6:29 pm

You saw Patrizio didn't you !!! and ?
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 6:45 pm

I just said "I enjoyed it immensely!!! What a showman he is. And he also dances... better than Ricky Martin or Shakira... if you know what I mean... :wink: Now, don't give me the "but Andrea is better" line, because there is no comparison at all. Patrizio is an entertainer, a showman, and he is not interested in going into the classical arena. But, he has a powerful voice. He turned the microphone off twice and he could be heard everywhere. I have two loves in my life now: Andrea and Patrizio... Life is Beautiful! :lol:

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 7:02 pm

Of course I am not going to say Andrea is better, they are different and that is good.
I was just curious as he was billed as: if you like Andrea, you'll love Patrizio, remember the discussion ?
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 7:05 pm

westsiderny wrote:I know, but I have nothing else to do... Besides, double new news is better than no news at all... :lol:

Certo :)
E' vero che non abbiamo molto da dire qui.... :roll:

anche direi che non abbiamo niente da dire. Ci sono alcuni fortunati che saranno a Catania e poi... :?:
Francesca

Postby westsiderny on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 7:30 pm

carolina1954 wrote:...if you like Andrea, you'll love Patrizio, remember the discussion ?

I didn't think about that discussion, but since you mentioned it, yes! If you love Andrea in "Amore" you will love Patrizio, because both are handsome, sexy, romantic, have wonderful voices and a very humble demeanor! Next to me there was a couple that happened to be Andrea's fans too, and, strange as it could sound, the people in the audience looked like the one you see in Andrea's concerts. I was expecting a younger audience, (although there was a considerable number of men and women in their 20's or early 30's) but as my neighbors said, Patrizio's repertoire is made out of old songs and not every young person knows them. But, and here is the 'comparison', if you wish to make one, Andrea brought some of those songs back with his album "Amore" and it was a hit all over the world. So, if you or anyone else melt when listening "Amore", then, they will like Patrizio's repertoire too.

And, we can't even say that Patrizio is copying Andrea, because he has been singing the same songs long before Andrea came up with the "Amore" CD. Justice for all! That's my motto... :)

westsiderny

Postby Gloria M on Fri 04 May, 2007 4:46 pm

If I'm not mistaken, this concert is today!

http://tmp.teatromassimobellini.it/dettopera.asp?id=318

I wish Andrea great success in this endeavor, and hope to hear reports from some fans lucky enough to be there!

--Gloria M
Gloria M

Postby Francesca on Fri 04 May, 2007 5:01 pm

Il y avait encore des places libres pour aujourd'hui et encore plus pour demain, étonnant :roll: :

http://www.charta.it/osus/index_page/31 ... &ocode=311
Francesca

Postby Tesora on Fri 04 May, 2007 5:08 pm

Carolina1954 is going to be there...I'm sure she'll be good enough to file a report (and maybe even some pics) when she gets back.

I wonder why there are still so many seats available?
Tesora

Postby kaycarley on Fri 04 May, 2007 10:03 pm

I think that many fans consider this a poor substitute for the anticipated opera and those who hadn't already made definite arrangements to be there are holding back for possible future events...If I have understood it correctly Andrea has only one solo in this performance.
kaycarley

Postby Francesca on Sat 05 May, 2007 7:40 am

C'est vrai, aucun rapport entre un opéra entier et une participation à une messe.

Il faut croire que les fans viennent de l'étranger principalement et que ceux qui sont sur place ne sont pas très nombreux.

Le Teatro Bellini a dit qu'ils avaient été assaillis de demandes....
Francesca

Postby sam on Sat 05 May, 2007 10:40 am

Bocelli incanta al Bellini di Catania!
http://ansa.it/opencms/export/site/noti ... 52516.html
Bravo Andrea! =D>
sam

Postby Francesca on Sat 05 May, 2007 11:03 am

"Tutti bravi e tutti seguiti in religioso silenzio dal pubblico tra il quale si notavano molti americani, inglesi, spagnoli, tedeschi, francesi, arrivati appositamente a Catania per seguire la performance di Bocelli, loro beniamino, lasciando il Bellini entusiasti e soddisfatti. La performance, e le prove dei giorni scorsi, sono state seguite passo passo da una troupe tv inglese che sta realizzando un documentario su Bocelli del quale la memorabile serata del Bellini ne costituirà la parte centrale".
Francesca

Postby kaycarley on Sat 05 May, 2007 1:06 pm

Than you for the interesting information Francesca. One can only hope that when the documentary is eventually shown we will be given some warning and that the the programme is not cancelled at the last minute.
kaycarley

Postby Francesca on Sat 05 May, 2007 5:15 pm

Francesca

Postby westsiderny on Sat 05 May, 2007 7:12 pm

kaycarley wrote:I think that many fans consider this a poor substitute...

If they do, I will consider them 'poor fans'. Maybe they don't know the difference between Quantity vs. Quality... :wink:

westsiderny

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Sun 06 May, 2007 12:59 am

Se agradece la informacion acerca del concierto dado por el señor BOCELLI, en el teatro Massimo Bellini.

JEZABEL.
jezabel66a

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Sun 06 May, 2007 5:12 am

I just saw the site about the concert but I don't know yet those thongs that he did sing at the concert! I would love to find out about them and how long the concert took in time !And also if normally these concerts later on they do became DvD's ?That 's only the way many of us can have the opportunity to enjoy this events!
Thank you Andrea Bocelli for the new message of love you sent to the other part of this word!
bumblebee_miriam06

PreviousNext

Return to Concert