Concert request

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Concert request

Postby Beth Peters on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 2:54 pm

Was just listening to "Sentimento" -- one of my favorites -- and was wondering if Andrea ever toured with Lorin Maazel.

What a fabulous concert that would be -- management -- if you're watching this forum, how about it? The blend of Andrea's voice and Lorin's superb violin playing and orchestration is magical on this CD and I would love to hear them together in concert.

Beth P
Beth Peters

Postby sofia on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 3:11 pm

A very good idea indeed and I think that the classical public would be very much interested.
Certainly it would be worthwhile to think all this over for the future.
sofia

Re: Concert request

Postby westsiderny on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 4:25 pm

Beth Peters wrote:Was just listening to "Sentimento" -- one of my favorites -- and was wondering if Andrea ever toured with Lorin Maazel.
What a fabulous concert that would be...

I don't think that they ever 'toured' together, but I saw them performed at the launch of the "Sentimento" CD in New York City (Museum of Natural History) and also there was the launch of this CD in Europe at the Scuola Grande di San Rocco in Venice. Also, if I am not mistaken, there was the commemorative "11 SETTEMBRE 2001" concert directed by Maestro Maazel (Basilica di San Marco/Teatro La Fenice, Venice (?). There was a video of this concert but I don't know what happened to it. I thought I had it in my files... :cry:

If other fans remember the details of these events, please feel free to chip in... there are so many Bocelli memories that sometimes I get confused with the dates... :)
Last edited by westsiderny on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 4:49 pm

I have seen part of that Sentimento in the Museum....isn't it on the cd ? or part of it anyway ?

Here is Andrea singing "Aranjuez" anyway.... =D>

Would help if I provided the link :roll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_pDOq9iVQ
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 6:56 pm

westsiderny wrote:
Beth Peters wrote:Was just listening to "Sentimento" -- one of my favorites -- and was wondering if Andrea ever toured with Lorin Maazel.
What a fabulous concert that would be...

I don't think that they ever 'toured' together, but I saw them performed at the launch of the "Sentimento" CD in New York City (Museum of Natural History) and also there was the launch of this CD in Europe at the Scuola Grande di San Rocco in Venice. Also, if I am not mistaken, there was the commemorative "11 SETTEMBRE 2001" concert directed by Maestro Maazel (Basilica di San Marco/Teatro La Fenice, Venice (?). There was a video of this concert but I don't know what happened to it. I thought I had it in my files... :cry:

If other fans remember the details of these events, please feel free to chip in... there are so many Bocelli memories that sometimes I get confused with the dates... :)

Se non mi sbaglio, Renate potrà confermare, alla Scuola Grande di San Rocco (che bello tra le pitture di Tintoretto!) credo che fosse per "Cieli di Toscana".

La presentazione di "Sentimento" è stata a Londra con Maestro Maazel.
E la cerimonia di commemorazione era nella basilica di San Marco di Venezia.
Pensi come avrei voluto essere presente, le mie due passioni insieme!

http://www.bocelli.de/en/live/concert2002_1.htm

au bas de la page
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Francesca on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 8:08 pm

Andrea Bocelli and Lorin Maazel performing at the launch party for Sentimento, Institute of Directors, London, 14 October 2002

http://www.bocelli.de/en/cds/sentimento.htm
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby westsiderny on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 8:27 pm

Francesca wrote:Se non mi sbaglio, Renate potrà confermare, alla Scuola Grande di San Rocco (che bello tra le pitture di Tintoretto!) credo che fosse per "Cieli di Toscana".

You are absolutely right, Francesca! It was the launch of "Cieli di Toscana" on October 4, 2001. Details on:

http://www.bocelli.de/en/cds/cieli.htm

This is one of my favorite places to visit when I am in Venice, and have attended few concerts there too. I walk around with those mirrors for hours... :)

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 8:34 pm

Francesca wrote:Andrea Bocelli and Lorin Maazel performing at the launch party for Sentimento, Institute of Directors, London, 14 October 2002

And here Andrea Bocelli and Lorin Maazel performing at the launch party for Sentimento, Museum of Natural History, New York, November 4, 2002. I was there with our beloved Mickie...

http://www.bocelli.de/images/cds/NYClaunch041102_1.jpg

westsiderny

Concert Request

Postby Beth Peters on Tue 16 Jan, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the links concerning Andrea and Lorin. Sure would like to hear them collaborate again -- if not for a full CD, then at least a few songs.

Does anyone know if Andrea is working on a new CD and what kind of songs might be on it?

Beth P
Beth Peters

Return to Concert