Malta Concert

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Malta Concert

Postby angel27 on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Jacky from Florida,

It's 4.18pm here, 3 hrs 42 mins to go.... as you see I'm counting the minutes. One of my dreams is about to come true. I wish I was going to be seated in the front row, but, not buts... I'm gonna be in the same hall watching and listening to the Master. I'm sooooooo happy. This is going to cancel any bad patch I had or will have. Many thanks to RPL, and most of all THANKS FROM THE HEART ANDREA, for accepting to come here.
angel27

Postby jackyd on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 4:15 pm

I am so excited for you Angel. I have not had the pleasure you are about to. Someday soon. Please do give "details" we shall be waiting.

Jacky
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby angel27 on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 4:26 pm

I will, that is, after I come back from 'heaven' ...when my mind/heart/soul are back on earth.

Angel
angel27

Postby Yakima on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 5:39 pm

lucky girl, someday I hope to see Andrea .I know you will be speechless,lolen joy for all of us.
Yakima

Postby Janice on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 6:38 pm

Angel, this is so exciting! :) It's great to know we will get to read at least one story of the great night from someone who will really BE THERE! Don't leave out a single detail! :D
Janice

Postby kbarham on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 7:20 pm

Angel, have a great evening..........let us know how everything went........
Karen
kbarham

Postby westsiderny on Sat 16 Dec, 2006 7:37 pm

Angel, waiting anxiously here for your report. But, take your time and let first the concert to ring and re-ring in your ears... It is a wonderful experience. :)
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby angel27 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:18 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!! I'm not quite back here.... big part of me is still up there...in the heaven where Andrea's voice comes from........ohhhh, I didn't want it to end, I've got a lump in my throat and my heart, it's trying to find a way out, it's still beating so fast!

I'm still too excited to give the details.... yet I'll mention one of the things that struck me....each time before he sings he smiles, one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. I can't really describe it, it's such a peaceful smile, reflecting the goodness, the passion and the love this man has towards the music and the audience. I really cannot describe it in words......
angel27

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:31 am

Angel you don't need to describe that smile ........all of us who have been fortunate enough to see him in concert know exactly what it is like.

Thanks for reporting back so quick. When you have come back down to earth you may remember what he sung ....lol
carolina1954

Postby angel27 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:46 am

You see, it's my first Bocelli concert, definitely won't be my last.

I do remember what he sang, or, do I?? All I know is that hearing him live, his voice comes in you through every pore, each single note is like a caress to the skin... it's in me. I know I am not going to sleep tonight.
angel27

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 12:52 am

Yes, he sounds so different live doesn't he ?
Well, enjoy the afterglow .......
carolina1954

Postby jackyd on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 2:03 am

ANGEL, So happy to hear you enjoyed yourself so much.
Kept thinking today, well Angel and Gill must be in their seats, then I wondered if the concert had started, then hummmmm, were they able to get pictures?,wonder if they will be able to let us know something tonight. Thanks Angel. will be waiting for more later.

Enjoy the ride in heaven that so many have spoken of.
jackyd

Postby Baroque1685 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 4:33 am

Angel, I'm glad you've had such a wonderful concert! And welcome to the forum. My first concert is still waiting to come.
~Soli Deo Gloria~ "All music...should have no other end and aim than the glory of God and the recreation of the soul; where this is not kept in mind, there is no true music, but only infernal clamour and ranting."~Johann Sebastian Bach
Baroque1685

Postby Brittany Bowman on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 5:18 am

Thank you for reporting Angel, welcome and enjoy your time here.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby Janice on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 5:23 am

angel27 wrote:
I'm still too excited to give the details.... yet I'll mention one of the things that struck me....each time before he sings he smiles, one of the most beautiful smiles I've ever seen. I can't really describe it, it's such a peaceful smile, reflecting the goodness, the passion and the love this man has towards the music and the audience. I really cannot describe it in words......

This really hit home for me, Angel, as my sister had a very similar reaction after she saw her first concert. She didn't really know what to expect and when I asked her how she liked it, she commented on the songs she liked and then she said, "and his SMILE!!! It was just...it's so...it was..." and she went on like that for awhile. She couldn't describe it in words, either! :D
Janice

Postby angel27 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:52 am

Hi Jacky, Janice and all, thanks for welcoming me.
I wasn't able to take pics, tried but I was seated too far back. Thanks God for big screens and binoculars. The sound was great, inspite of it being such a big venue. What a great feeling to be seated together with thousands to listen, enjoy and be transported to an other world.
In the first part Andrea sang Bizet, Puccini and Verdi, pleasing all classic enthusiasts. In the 2nd part he sang well-known tunes like Mamma, which Andrea dedicated to his mum for it's her birthday. Oh what a voice...not only when he sings, also when he speaks....After a short intro in English he spoke to us in Italian, knowing that the audience understood it.

All his interpretations were flawless, impeccable, a voice that seems to be coming from out of this world.
angel27

Postby kbarham on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 1:15 pm

So pleased that you had a great time at the concert. Yes, it's that smile............
Karen
kbarham

Postby jackyd on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 2:43 pm

That is so sweet he dedicated the song to his Mother. Thank you for more information. This is so beautiful to hear of others experiences. Kind of makes me feel like I was there also. (I close my eye and imagination runs a mist)

Thanks Angel, you will enjoy this forum, great bunch of people/family/tribe here.
jackyd

Postby angel27 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 5:26 pm

Yeah I can see you're all a great bunch. Jacky, this is what I've been doing all day... closing my eyes to bring it all back.
angel27

Postby angel27 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 5:32 pm

On another topic in this site there are some nice photos from yesterday. Hey, is it normal to hear everything else that is not Bocelli, well, ugly?
angel27

Postby carolina1954 on Sun 17 Dec, 2006 11:41 pm

carolina1954

Postby attardchar on Mon 18 Dec, 2006 12:16 am

Hi! this is my first time here. I was at the concert as well and it is just an amazing experience. i couldn't stop crying while listening to his wonderful voice. His voice shakes me from within and fills my soul with love and happiness. Bocelli is just Brilliant. it is always an awesome experience to see him and to be there while he sings with him supernatural voice.

Charlene20
attardchar

Postby Michelle on Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:01 am

Welcome Angel and attardchar! It's great you both had such a wonderful experience - treasure the memory!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby gill mclennan on Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:13 am

Hi all, I've just written a long report about the concert, but when I went to correct a spelling on the 'preview', it disappeared. I can't believe I've just done that after all that writing.

Cheers Gill :evil: :evil: :evil:
gill mclennan

Postby Michelle on Mon 18 Dec, 2006 10:18 am

Welcome back Gill - can't wait to read how it all went!

[Don't you just hate when that happens?!]
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Next

Return to Concert