Mohegan Sun Arena

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Mohegan Sun Arena

Postby Boots on Sun 03 Dec, 2006 4:05 pm

Dear Andrea and discerning fellow-fans,
Tonight I will attend my first Andrea Bocelli concert at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. I'm so excited that I didn't sleep very well last night and I feel as if my brain is about to explode.
A few months ago I didn't even know who Andrea Bocelli was (too busy with business in Boston). Then my best friend Jane let me borrow the "Romanza" album. Needless to say, I went to the moon without a spaceship! I ran out of the house like a maniac and bought as many CDs as I could find (eight) and, since that time, you will find me orbiting the solar system. Sometimes I play these CDs one after the other all day long; what an incredible voice! (Oohhh, those high C's)!!!
There are many good things that can be said about Andrea Bocelli, but one thing I know for sure. An angel flew out of heaven and God doesn't know that he's missing yet. I pray that He never discovers it!
Please keep on singing, Andrea, and I'll keep on listening and dreaming!
Boots

Postby Renate on Sun 03 Dec, 2006 5:54 pm

I am sure you will enjoy the concert very much!
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby kbarham on Sun 03 Dec, 2006 6:12 pm

Have a great time............tell all about concert.
Karen
kbarham

Postby Michelle on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 12:48 pm

It might be a while before Boots comes back to earth and her PC after the concert!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby jackyd on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 3:22 pm

Hope you had a wonderful time Boots. Waiting to hear (read)

jacky
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby Boots on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 2:46 pm

Oh, my God; oh, my God; OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!!!!!
Okay, I'm calm now. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday; I think I've been in shock (or comatose) since Andrea's concert Sunday night. He was even better in person (from the 20th row and I brought binoculars). At the beginning, he seemed extremely nervous or uptight, continuously digging his fingers into his fisted hands. (My brother-in-law did the same thing the day he married my sister). But Andrea's singing was glorious! During "Mi Manchi", however, his microphone began to fail intermittently. The conductor Steven Mercurio handed him another one and so he never lost a beat, even though he looked extremely distressed. As soon as the song was over Andrea commented, "That's why I hate microphones". Everyone laughed.
During each number I could hear audience members making positive comments accompanied by long, drawn-out sighs and incredulous gasps. I was too busy biting my fingers to speak; after each selection, however, I was the one applauding wildly and screaming uncontrollably.
Andrea's fellow-tour members were also in excellent form, particularly Luis Ledesma, a powerful baritone; I was impressed. Ailyn Perez sang soprano beautifully. They were backed by the New York City Opera Orchestra conducted by Steven Mercurio. Also, Nita Whitaker sang the duet "The Prayer" with Andrea.
I won't bore you by listing all of the numbers that were performed that night; besides it's difficult to remember what happens around you when you're delirious (with happiness).
Hope this brief report brought a little joy into your day.
Love,
Boots
Boots

Postby Janice on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 2:51 pm

Boots, your opening remarks said it all! :D Great to know you had such a fABulous time! :)
Janice

Postby jackyd on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 5:27 pm

Boots, your brief report brought a lot of joy to this soul. I had butterflies in my stomach reading. Thank you so much for sharing.

jacky
jackyd

Postby carolyn on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 7:26 pm

Boots were you lucky enough to have a chorus there too? Sometimes on a tour they do not always have a chorus at every stop.
"What needs to be understood is the gift of singing IS the gift. It's not having the gift of being able to sing, but SINGING that is the gift.---Andrea Bocelli
carolyn

Postby Boots on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 7:57 pm

No. No chorus, Carolyn. Just me (singing very quietly). :-#
Boots

Postby jlew1949 on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 8:40 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Boots,
Thanks so much for your report. I do enjoy reading about the "first" concert experience. There is nothing better than hearing Andrea's voice live. I will never forget my first time too (and it been since 1998)

Jane
[/font]:santa:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away -ANONYMOUS
jlew1949

Postby kay on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 10:11 pm

Boots wrote:No. No chorus, Carolyn. Just me (singing very quietly). :-#

Hi"Boots",
Your report sounds just like the one I wrote here exactly one year ago when I saw him for the first time on Long Island. I had only just heard of him for a couple of months and had been caught up in the exquisite joy of falling love with the voice and the music. Since then, I've seen him at least 5 more times. The good news is that it gets better each time. There's a 'whole package' not just a man, a voice, a song, an audience, etc. The whole package is what gets better.
I wish you ever-increasing enjoyment.
Your neighbor [Fairfield County, CT]
kay
kay

Postby jackyd on Tue 05 Dec, 2006 10:31 pm

Okay, okay, am I the only one who has NOT seen Andrea perform live???
jackyd

Postby Michelle on Wed 06 Dec, 2006 12:54 pm

Never mind Jacky - you still have your first concert to look forward to! That, in itself, is a treasure...
Michelle

Postby jackyd on Wed 06 Dec, 2006 4:21 pm

I was very tempted to travel to Hollywood, Fl. when he was there. You are right in saying, 'in itself, is a treasure.'. I "treasure" the thought of attending my 1st concert. Told my Husband we have to go to Italy, he laughed. Hope Andrea comes close next year, cause I WILL be there.
jackyd

Postby Boots on Wed 06 Dec, 2006 9:56 pm

Don't let those past missed opportunities get you down. How many times has Andrea performed in Boston and I didn't even know he was alive?!!! I almost missed him this time because my computer hard drive was being wiped of viruses and I couldn't purchase tickets sold on line. That Man upstairs must have been testing me again.
Boots

Postby Janice on Wed 06 Dec, 2006 11:25 pm

I first learned of Andrea in Sept. of 1998. Imagine my dismay when I read that he'd performed in Chicago in JULY of 1998! And there I was thinking, "gosh, he's from Italy and all---I may have missed my chance to ever see him in person!". :D Wound up getting my first and second chances the same week in November of 1999. I'd have to stop to think of all of them but I know I'm right around 20 live performances now, the Avery Fisher Hall dates being my most recent. Yes, MOST people do have to invest in some travel if they want to see THE MAN in person. New Yorkers don't seem to have that problem I've noticed. ;)
Janice

Postby Baroque1685 on Thu 07 Dec, 2006 12:47 am

Jacky, I also haven't been to a concert, YET. But Lord willing, I will. Often I felt like I've been to one either because of the videoed ones, a rampant imagination (really, I have dreamed a few wonderful concerts!), or else because of the superb reports at bo.de.
~Soli Deo Gloria~ "All music...should have no other end and aim than the glory of God and the recreation of the soul; where this is not kept in mind, there is no true music, but only infernal clamour and ranting."~Johann Sebastian Bach
Baroque1685

Postby jackyd on Thu 07 Dec, 2006 4:21 pm

Oh yes Baroque on the superb reports at bocelli.de. and the pictures on Renate's site. I'm in" lala" land.

thanks all
jacky
jackyd

Postby Yakima on Thu 07 Dec, 2006 11:17 pm

Boots thanks for the report on your concert, wow someday I hope to see him in person to.
Yakima

Mohegan Sun

Postby sturedish on Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:07 pm

Boots wrote:Oh, my God; oh, my God; OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDD!!!!!!
Okay, I'm calm now. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday; I think I've been in shock (or comatose) since Andrea's concert Sunday night. He was even better in person (from the 20th row and I brought binoculars). At the beginning, he seemed extremely nervous or uptight, continuously digging his fingers into his fisted hands. (My brother-in-law did the same thing the day he married my sister). But Andrea's singing was glorious! During "Mi Manchi", however, his microphone began to fail intermittently. The conductor Steven Mercurio handed him another one and so he never lost a beat, even though he looked extremely distressed. As soon as the song was over Andrea commented, "That's why I hate microphones". Everyone laughed.
During each number I could hear audience members making positive comments accompanied by long, drawn-out sighs and incredulous gasps. I was too busy biting my fingers to speak; after each selection, however, I was the one applauding wildly and screaming uncontrollably.
Andrea's fellow-tour members were also in excellent form, particularly Luis Ledesma, a powerful baritone; I was impressed. Ailyn Perez sang soprano beautifully. They were backed by the New York City Opera Orchestra conducted by Steven Mercurio. Also, Nita Whitaker sang the duet "The Prayer" with Andrea.
I won't bore you by listing all of the numbers that were performed that night; besides it's difficult to remember what happens around you when you're delirious (with happiness).
Hope this brief report brought a little joy into your day.
Love,
Boots

Hi boots

I was sitting above you and I think I heard you screaming lol. The scarey thing is I am a man and I think I was screaming too. I know I felt just the way you did.

PS I am not gay lol
sturedish

Postby Brittany Bowman on Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:54 pm

Welcome aboard sturedish. I hope you enjoy your time here. Andrea has an amazing affect on people, even guys.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby Boots on Mon 11 Dec, 2006 2:08 am

Welcome, Sturedish. I guess you weren't the man sitting beside me; he was asleep.
Boots

Postby Michelle on Mon 11 Dec, 2006 11:49 am

*waves* Welcome to the board sturedish! I'm sure you were screaming in a very deep, manly way...
Michelle

Postby Darcy on Mon 11 Dec, 2006 12:25 pm

Welcome to you, Sturedish! Good to have a cheering male aboard the Bocelli boat.
"Music is the poetry of the air." ~ Richter
Darcy

Next

Return to Concert