Front Row Madison Sq. Garden ticket available

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Front Row Madison Sq. Garden ticket available

Postby kay on Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:54 pm

There may be a very desirable ticket available for thursday november 30. I have one FIRST ROW ticket that I may not be able to use. You can contact me, if you are interested: drkay@snet.net

I placed this notice on another topic in this forum because I was not able to locate a way to create a new topic. Clearly, I have now figured out how to do that.

kay
kay

Postby kay on Thu 30 Nov, 2006 7:27 pm

I know it's a little late, but I will be heading to Andrea's concert at MSG tonight. If anyone would like to share a meal prior to the show, send me an email. I leave for NYC at 4:00 and have no email after that.
But, if anyone is considering it, leave an email here, and I'll get you my cell phone number.

[I tried to post this as a new topic, but after 20 minutes, couldn't figure it our.]
kay
kay

Postby kay on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 3:17 pm

Me again.
The concert last night at Madison Square Garden was the best I have ever seen. He was in great shape, sang the most gorgeous songs, mostly classical, many I have never heard; brought the house to its feet over and over.....it was the most truly phenomenal 2 1/2 musical hours I have ever spent.
This most wonderful tenor sang:
Vesti la Giubba; the Pearl Fisher duet [wonderful, wonderful] with Luis Ledesma; Panis Agelicus [oldie but goodie]; O Soave Fancuilla with Ailyn Perez; Di Quell Pira from Il Trovatore [oldie but goodie]. Vieni sul mar [never heard it before, loved it]; GRANADA!! Just outstanding; FUNICULI, FANICULA, [reminded me of my childhood, such a rare treat], a couple from 'Amore", including Because we Believe which was such a thrill, then several encores: The Prayer , a never failing delight, and, then, the finale.......... AAAAHHH the song that started me loving opera: Nessun Dorma...............I didn't know whether to jump up and down and cheer or cry my eyes out. [I did a little of both]
This concert reinforced my great admiration, excitement, and love for the man and his music.
The choice, arrangement [Mercurio]., sequence and quality of each song was a singular jewel unto itself: together, IT ROCKED !!!
I haven't seen nor do not care what any critics have written regarding this phenomen; I was there and I know what I heard, saw, and experienced.
kay

Postby jackyd on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 3:27 pm

Kay,

This is such a delight to read 1st thing this morning.

Thank You so much for sharing your experience.

Jacky
Last edited by jackyd on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby Michelle on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 5:17 pm

I'm thrilled you had such a great time Kay! Sounds like the programme was a little different to the other concerts of the tour, and it sounds wonderful!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Baroque1685 on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for your report Kay!
~Soli Deo Gloria~ "All music...should have no other end and aim than the glory of God and the recreation of the soul; where this is not kept in mind, there is no true music, but only infernal clamour and ranting."~Johann Sebastian Bach
Baroque1685

Postby Darcy on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 5:50 pm

Brill report, Kay! Glad you had such a wonderful time.
Darcy

Postby Janice on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 10:28 pm

Kay, I was just wondering--was that ticket you were trying to get rid of originally YOURS and when no one took it, you went anyway? Or did you have a spare you were trying to get rid of? If it was your ticket, aren't you glad no one took you up on a sale?! :D The concert program was nearly identical to the one I saw in June and that was one of the best shows ever! I totally know what you are talking about when you talk about how great last night's show was. GRANADA completely blew me away!!! :)
Janice

Postby carolina1954 on Fri 01 Dec, 2006 10:40 pm

Kay, you got a bit excited there think..... :D

Great to hear it was so wonderful ...
carolina1954

Postby kay on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 2:00 am

Janice: that was a ticket I was prepared to sacrifice. I was feeling a bit out of sorts with the whole Tom Cruise episode and had almost decided to forego my ticket. [Kind of like a sulking adolescent.} When no one offerred to buy it; I was certainly not going to trash it. Of course, I am really glad it all turned out as it did. Isn't it interesting how we keep discovering that people we idealize are just people?
I thoroughly enjoyed the concert [as is obvious]; and am the wiser for the experience.
kay

Postby kay on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 2:04 am

carolina1954 wrote:Kay, you got a bit excited there think..... :D

Great to hear it was so wonderful ...

Yes, I re-read it, and I sound like a teenager after her first date. [And I didn't even get kissed !!]
I felt a need to express that happiness that being at the concert brought me....where on earth I can do this besides here is beyond me.
kay

Postby DueBaci on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 4:06 am

how interesting Kay. I know that a FRONT ROW seat to a Bocelli concert is a RARE thing these days.. and I am TOTALLY surprised no one came and snatched that ticket up from you !

which only goes to show you ... everything happens (or in this case... doesn't happen) ... for a reason.

I'm glad you had such a great time ! ...

and who better to understand how you felt ... except another bunch of *teenagers* :wink:
DueBaci

Postby Michelle on Mon 04 Dec, 2006 12:29 pm

It is great to have someplace to express your feelings after a wonderful experience - especially to folks who know what you mean!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Return to Concert