Andrea Bocelli e Fiorenza Cedolins al Teatro Verdi di Pisa

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Andrea Bocelli e Fiorenza Cedolins al Teatro Verdi di Pisa

Postby westsiderny on Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:42 pm

Is this concert included in the schedule or it is new?

"Martedì 21 Novembre, infatti, alle ore 21, presso il Teatro Verdi di Pisa, si terrà un concerto lirico che vedrà, oltre alla presenza di giovani artisti come la soprano Alessandra Zapala, il tenore Davide Sotgiu e i baritoni Dario Solari e Massimiliano Valleggi nonché della compagine corale della Società Corale Pisana diretta dal M° Gian Paolo Mazzoli, la partecipazione straordinaria della soprano Fiorenza Cedolins e del tenore Andrea Bocelli; confermata anche quest'anno la partecipazione di Pippo Baudo nel ruolo di presentatore.

Read on...
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:49 am

I hope that this information is correct, because by some amazing co-incidence I am going to be in Pisa on the 21st !!!!!!!
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 1:21 am

By correct you mean Andrea's participation? Looks real to me, although to be sure you should call the phone number provided. But, if you are going to be in Pisa anyway and if he doesn't show up, there won't be any losses... :wink:

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 1:38 am

Nellie, I have been caught out before, with Berlin, as you may remember !
This looks good though, with Rotary Club involvement. This theatre is where Andrea made his opera debut, I just read in the Antonia Felix book.

Many, many thanks for posting the link.....wouldn't it have been awful to have found out afterwards that he was there the same time !
I had booked these few days in Pisa back in August, as the flights were an incredible 1 penny each way, and it was a good opportunity to show a fellow fan who is staying with me the area.
What a bonus to possibly be able to see Andrea sing. I have emailed the theatre about tickets so will have to wait now....
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 2:26 am

1 penny each way! I know about those flights because my sister-in-law in Frankfurt is always travelling at those prices. I am hoping she could join me again in February, when I will be going back to Venice for the Carnevale. It all depends on that she can get those unbelievable cheap flights... I am keeping my fingers crossed because I like her company... Not complicated at all... :lol:

Hope you can get your tickets and have fun in Pisa!

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 12:03 pm

I got tickets !!!!!!!!!! row 14 at 45 euros each

I don't think I am going to need a plane to get to Pisa as I am already flying at about 10,000 feet !!
carolina1954

Postby Michelle on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 2:27 pm

That's brilliant Carolina!!! Well done! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Big Fan Sue on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 2:31 pm

Lucky you, Caroline.Tell us all about it when you get back. I also love the soprano Fiorenza Cedolins . I think it is too late for me to hop on a plane and make it. :( Guess I will have to wait to the 30th to see Andrea.
BFSue
"Music is moral law.
It gives a soul to the universe,
wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness and a gaiety
and life to everything.
It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful."-Plato
Big Fan Sue

Postby jackyd on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 3:34 pm

have a safe trip Carolina. please do tell us about your trip when you return. I enjoy reading everyones impressions and experiences. To see Andrea Bocelli in ANYTHING is a dream/wish for me right now. Enjoy!

jacky
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby westsiderny on Mon 20 Nov, 2006 4:36 pm

carolina1954 wrote:I got tickets !!!!!!!!!! row 14 at 45 euros each!!

Wonderful, Caroline! Will be waiting for THE report!

Have a pleasant trip :sunny: !

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 6:54 pm

Well, we're back !

Lori and I got to Pisa at about 3.30 pm on the 21st and checked in our hotel, then went to the box office to collect our tickets, which I had phoned for the day before. We managed to get row 13, not bad as the theatre is only small, I was told it seats about 900, floor seats and 5 levels of boxes. There were posters outside the theatre advertising the concert, with the photo of Andrea and Fiorenza, in the Tosca roles. It was organised by the Rotary Club of Pisa. The concert was due to start at 9 so we went and had a bit of a look round. It was pouring with rain, so it was a quick look, then back to the hotel and get ready.. We got to the theatre about 8.45 and we were given a little programme with the same photo on the front, no indication what was going to be sung, other than it said it was a "Concerto Lirico" and it had the names of other singers listed inside, which turned out to be 1 soprano, 1 tenor and 2 baritones.
The backdrop of the stage was beautiful, and there was just a grand piano on it. We saw Carlo come out and adjust some papers on it. The lights went down about 9.15 and Pippo Baudo came out and chatted a little, all in Italian of course ! then in came the choir, who sung Va Pensiero. The choir remained and then Pippo said a few more words and then Fiorenza came out, with Andrea on her arm - to thunderous applause ! Carlo was at the piano and played while Andrea and Fiorenza sang a duet from Tosca. On checking, it is number 5 of CD1 of "Tosca". This was about 12 minutes long. Then we were treated to "Brindisi" during which Fiorenza had a little dance with Andrea. It was really nice, no microphones of course and Andrea was having a really enjoyable time of it, judging by his broad smiles, chatter with Fiorenza and relaxed attitude. He was presented with something in a box, some kind of award perhaps, no idea what it was. Fiorenza got one too and something else.
Andrea went off with a big wave and he did not come back. Fiorenza did and sang a couple more arias. After the interval the other singers each performed 2 arias. We were hoping Andrea might have come back and showed them how to do it but alas, no such luck !
Andrea's mother was there too, in the front row, looking very glamorous. She stayed until the end and went off into town with a few people. The evening finished about 11.20.
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, so we did the touristy things, as we only had the 2 days there and this morning we flew home and Lori won a raffle prize of a free return flight with Ryanair ! Talk about luck.......
We had booked the flight to Pisa and accomodation back in August, as Lori had never been and we thought these dates sounded good, being a week after the Rotterdam and Antwerp concerts, we could just fit them in with Ryanair's schedule and at one penny each too.....
carolina1954

concert Pisa

Postby annacelli on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:02 pm

Thank you Carolina for your report. Whish I could have been there too.
annacelli

Postby westsiderny on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:15 pm

Welcome back, Caroline! I've been anxiously waiting for your report... It made me feel like if I was there! Thank you very much!
I am glad you had a wonderful mini-vacation, too!

Pssst... Should we believe everything you wrote or maybe we can ask you to go through the lie detector before starting any jumping?!:-$
:lol:

westsiderny

Postby Renate on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:22 pm

westsiderny wrote:Pssst... Should we believe everything you wrote or maybe we can ask you to go through the lie detector before starting any jumping?!:-$
:lol:

I guess there is no reason to doubt any of our members' stories.... but the presses....
:roll:

thank you very much for sharing your adventure with us Carolina, you are really fortune's favourites having so much luck in just a few days!
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:33 pm

It was nice to see the audience all nicely dressed.
The singers were very smart too, nice dresses for the ladies, and Andrea had on his white bow tie and a tuxedo and his best smile !
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:35 pm

You can't trust anybody these days, Renate... Maybe Caroline read that report in a newspaper and wants us to believe she was there...
Just kiddin'... Relax... :lol: :lol: :lol:

westsiderny

Postby jackyd on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:04 pm

Thank You Carolina for sharing. I'm still dreaming of the day I get to see Andrea sing in person.

jacky
"All that counts in life is intention."
Andrea Bocelli, in TV Guide
jackyd

Postby Renate on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 10:10 pm

westsiderny wrote:You can't trust anybody these days, Renate... Maybe Caroline read that report in a newspaper and wants us to believe she was there...
Just kiddin'... Relax... :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually it is an almost incredible story having so much luck...
but... wasn't there a song:
There can be miracles, when you believe
(oh... this was the one, which got the grammy instead of the prayer :?)
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:01 pm

There were several photographers there, so I am hoping we will see some pictures soon. Did check all the papers in Pisa yesterday and today, but niente.....
I have also checked the Pisa Pacinotti Rotary club site as well, but nothing showing there yet.
I do have some poor quality pictures, showing Andrea and Carlo and Fiorenza on stage, which I shall send to you Renate and I will leave you to judge if they are fit to be seen.
carolina1954

Postby Lelly on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:11 pm

You are so lucky Carolina - how is it that I never see tickets for 1p? And then to be there when Andrea is singing - but I guess most of us would pay a lot more for that privilege. Thanks for the report - I believe every word!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby westsiderny on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:19 pm

I don't know how it would be for us, Andrea Bocelli fans, if it wasn't for the press that, true or false, keep us 'informed' of Andrea's whereabouts. Who else we should rely on when even his management ignore us...? We have to use our imaginations and put 1 and 1 together... Did you read the article about the cancellations in Seattle and somewhere else I posted yesterday? Even the people involved in the production of those concerts didn't hear a word from Andrea's management. They know the concerts were cancelled and still they are wondering why... they just were told to return the money to the people that bought tickets... not to mention the orchestra that was left in limbo... without jobs... You won't deny that everything is always a 'mystery' and we have to work very hard to find out what's going in the Bocelli world.

We cannot 'believe' the press only when is convenient for Andrea's management. If it wasn't for the press, where the artists will be? I bet the reporters are as lost as we are... trying always to guess... It gets ridiculous sometimes...

I believe Caroline and her story about her own and and her friends's good luck, because I am also one of those people blessed by the gods and there may be a good reason for that... We harvest what we sow... right Caroline...? :)

Stop blaming the press, please. I have many friends in that business and they are not all liers, trust me... they work very hard for their money... Who should get their act together are the members of Andrea's management and show some respect to us...:wink:

P.S. I bet the rest of the USA fans must be eating their turkey at this moment, but I have to wait a little bit longer because I am joining my family and friends at a restaurant for the Thanksgiving Day dinner and I still have a couple of hours to kill. I am starving... so bear with me... :)
Last edited by westsiderny on Fri 24 Nov, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:37 pm

I do wonder sometimes if "the management" forget that it is us, the fans, who pay their salaries.

Lesley, those tickets were booked 3 months ago - early bird catches the worm :D
carolina1954

Postby Francesca on Fri 24 Nov, 2006 9:26 am

carolina1954 wrote:I do wonder sometimes if "the management" forget that it is us, the fans, who pay their salaries.

Exact !
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Michelle on Fri 24 Nov, 2006 9:52 am

Thanks for the report Carolina - sounds like a magical 12 minutes or thereabouts, and a very pleasant few days!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby kbarham on Fri 24 Nov, 2006 12:15 pm

Carolina thank you so much for your report. So pleased that you had a great time.
Karen
kbarham

Next

Return to Concert