Come back Andrea

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Come back Andrea

Postby E. Beth Simms on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 7:40 am

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Dear Andrea:

(I pray you will read this.) Please fix our broken hearts and come to Seattle to sing for use.

I cried all day when I found out that the first concert I purchased tickets for (in my 59 years) has been canceled.

It is crushing for a disabled person to have something that they are looking forward to taken away. Please, please reschedule a concert in the Seattle area soon.

Your devoted fan,
Beth

:( :(
E. Beth Simms

Postby anna62 on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 9:07 am

Peut-être aurez-vous plus de chance que nous , en France , d'être entendus ...et d'avoir une réponse !!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby Meri on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 9:13 am

I think it is crushing for anyone... but things happen.
be excellent to each other
Meri

Re: Come back Andrea

Postby PJay on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 6:20 pm

E. Beth Simms wrote:[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Dear Andrea:

(I pray you will read this.) Please fix our broken hearts and come to Seattle to sing for use.

I cried all day when I found out that the first concert I purchased tickets for (in my 59 years) has been canceled.

It is crushing for a disabled person to have something that they are looking forward to taken away. Please, please reschedule a concert in the Seattle area soon.

Your devoted fan,
Beth

:( :(

[font=Arial] [/font]
I would like to second the plea---Please come sing for us in Seattle.
Phyllis [-o< [-o< [-o<
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Marcel Proust
PJay

Postby Ginny on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 8:01 pm

I can't begin to express how badly I feel for all those whose concerts were cancelled!! I know the sweet anticipation of looking forward to the concert date: the checking and double checking the tickets to make sure it's really true, the imagining of what the concert might be like, the hope that the seats will be "good", imagining how it will be to see the notes and words being sung. It has to be truly devistating to have these hopes and dreams dashed. I've been to other's concerts, and no, the anticipation of them was nothing like the anticipation of seeing Andrea. It would help---if only a little bit-- if there were more DVDs available so all the fans could "see" Andrea singing---especially the classical music. I'm hoping for all of you that the concerts will be re-sceduled. Truly!!
Ginny

cancelled tour

Postby Yakima on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 8:23 pm

we can all hope that the west coast tour will be rescheduled by spring. He has a very busy tour lined up, I really dont know how he does it.
Yakima

Postby Michelle on Mon 23 Oct, 2006 11:28 am

I feel for all of you fans that are missing a concert - I know how I felt when the Galway concert was threatened by Andrea's bronchitis, and how relieved I was when it was re-scheduled for a few weeks later (and obviously that Andrea was well again, first and foremost!). His schedule is so busy, it must be exhausting.
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby kay on Mon 23 Oct, 2006 6:13 pm

Everytime I read that a concert has been cancelled, and experience what feels like being hit in the gut with a sledgehammer; it reminds me how attached I have become to having things work out exactly as I have 'planned' them.

It's a good reminder for me to notice the other side of 'expectation and 'anticipation' is a sure set-up for suffering.

Of course, should this have happened to me, despite all this mindfulness, I fear the wailing and gnashing of teeth would have many running for shelter.
kay

Postby gill mclennan on Mon 23 Oct, 2006 7:35 pm

Absolutely right Kay. I shall think about that later.

Cheers Gill
gill mclennan

Postby Em on Mon 23 Oct, 2006 10:44 pm

Beth...I know how crushed you must be,although I can't fully, just because I'm not you...in accepting, there is peace, the most difficult thing is in accepting,when your heart is breaking..so I think it wise to experience the sadmess,but give it a time limit and then move on..for there will be another chance..you can have faith in that....and as Kay said, attachments can be an invitation for heart aches...
big love
Em
Em

Postby E. Beth Simms on Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:11 pm

I want to thank everyone for your kind words. Your e-mails made me feel as if I am not alone.
Thank you again,
Beth
E. Beth Simms

Return to Concert