"Traveling With Andrea" CSUF

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

"Traveling With Andrea" CSUF

Postby Anna GP on Mon 16 Oct, 2006 12:41 am

Dear Friends,

Today I came across a delightful on-line surprise and I'm certain that many of you will enjoy it as much as I did.

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to tour as member of a choir performing with Andrea Bocelli in concert, you're about to find out!
The on-line journal titled "Traveling with Andrea", chronicles the impressions of Mr. William Schlopy and Ms. Kelsey Gile, members of the California State University Fullerton University Singers, as they rehearse, then perform with, Andrea Bocelli during the Spring 2006 tour at Sacramento, San Jose and the Hollywood Bowl.

The web page on which the journal appears is maintained by the CSUF Music Department and is simply wonderful. Mr. Schlopy and Ms. Gile gift us with descriptions of this once in a lifetime experience, both on and off
stage. I highly recommend that as you read their journal entries, you click on the audio offerings at the upper left hand side of the web page. If you do, you'll be treated to the vocal talents of the California State University Singers. I was most impressed with the beauty of their collective voices.(Listening to Pater Noster brought to mind Kammerchoir Stuttgart) It's a true treat in more than one way!

But what is possibly the most rewarding aspect of their entries for fans of Andrea Bocelli is seeing the tremendous impression he makes on these singers in regards to his amazing talent. They mention being struck by his amazing vocal strength and endurance. It the sort of admiration that can only develop after seeing someone work at their craft for a matter of days, by others in the same profession.

Enjoy!
Anna in NY

Click on link below to CSUF Journal:
http://www.titanmag.com/singers/index.html
Anna GP

Postby Michelle on Mon 16 Oct, 2006 12:34 pm

Thankyou Anna!!! I really enjoyed reading those accounts.

Imagine turning around in the gym and seeing Andrea Bocelli beside you?! Have you ever seen anyone fall off a moving treadmill? That would be me...
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby janrdobbs on Mon 16 Oct, 2006 1:35 pm

Michelle wrote:Imagine turning around in the gym and seeing Andrea Bocelli beside you?! Have you ever seen anyone fall off a moving treadmill? That would be me...

You wouldnt be alone Michelle!! :lol:

-Jan
janrdobbs

Postby marti on Tue 17 Oct, 2006 6:10 pm

Thank you so much!!! :D :D
"Ognuno di noi ha un paio di ali, ma solo chi sogna impara a volare"
marti

Postby Grandma Jan on Wed 18 Oct, 2006 3:05 am

WOW! JUST WOW!

Grandma Jan
Grandma Jan

Postby CK on Fri 20 Oct, 2006 1:02 am

Thanks for the link, Anna; it was great to read such an account from the choir members' perspective! I'm sure it was an experience they'll never forget, and obviously OFT found some new fans there!!!

- CK
CK

Postby Maggieg on Wed 01 Nov, 2006 6:19 pm

Incredible, stupendo!
Maggieg

Postby Em on Wed 01 Nov, 2006 9:49 pm

It would be hard to imagine a more exciting and fulfilling life..I've thought of that many times and then I remember the importance of the fans who love and support him..There are many times I have helped someone by introducing them to Andrea, so in a way,we are traveling with him...we travel with him,everywhere he is..to concerts all over the world, our hearts are always with him...TO me, that is a honor...just knowing that we, as devotees, have the honor to know him better and can make a difference on his OS,by the feelings we write..We are closer than you think...just a computer away...
Em

Return to Concert