Wembley Concert

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Wembley Concert

Postby Michelle on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 12:40 am

The London concert finished a couple of hours ago and, needless to say, I'm still wide awake after it! I don't think anything will ever beat the magic of the first time I saw Andrea in concert, but tonight was also very special. Generally, the big event centres and stadia are a bit lacking in atmosphere - until Andrea arrives that is! The first half of the concert was a little more subdued than the second, but very beautiful. The second half left everyone pounding their feet on the ground and roaring for more. I know it has left me with a deep desire to plan my next Andrea concert!

The 'menu' for the evening was the same as that of the earlier concerts of the tour, and the baritone was very enjoyable. Unfortunately, the acoustics where I was sitting didn't do the soprano any favours. For me, though, there were two nice moments - one where it looked like Andrea was about to sneeze whilst singing, and the other when I remembered the words of his most recent message here - that when he sings, he sings for us. I definitely felt that tonight.

Mille Grazie Andrea!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby Brittany Bowman on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 2:37 am

Ha Ha! I like the part about Andrea looking like he was about to sneeze. Thank you for sharing, short and sweet.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby kbarham on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 12:23 pm

Michelle, thanks for your report about the concert. Andrea is someone really specially............such a beautiful voice.....
Karen
kbarham

Postby LYN DELO on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 4:13 pm

It was my first andrea concert last night at wembley. I thought it was incredible. When he sang the prayer I was moved me to tears and then con ti partiro the hairs on the back of my neck stood up amazing. A truely wonderful evening - the first of many concerts, I hope. Thank you andrea XXXX
LYN DELO

Postby kbarham on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 5:59 pm

Lyn I'm so glad that you enjoyed your first concert. Have you come down to earth yet? I went to my 8th concert at Birmingham on Saturday and I still haven't come down to earth yet! Andrea sure has such a beautiful voice and he is so gorgeous to look at too....... :)
Karen
kbarham

Postby LYN DELO on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 8:37 pm

Hi Karen

No I haven't come down to earth yet, am still floating, almost as though I've had too much to drink!! (didn't touch a drop - honestly). I couldn't agree more, Andrea has wonderful voice and isvery pleasing on the eye!!! Just wish it had lasted longer, the time went by in a flash.
Hurry back soon Andrea

Lyn
LYN DELO

Postby Fipi on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 10:03 pm

That concert last night was truely amazing.
There were some items in the first half that I had always wanted to hear Andrea sing but hadn't, so that was a lovely surprise.Then came the white jacket and with it songs from Amore,wonderful!

It was my 7th concert, and I don't how Andrea does it all the time, but each one seems to surpass the previous one, no wonder there was such a roar of approval from the audience. The only trouble was the time passed SO quickly. :(
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby gill mclennan on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 8:43 am

Hello Fipi, it was my first concert and I'm just soooo annoyed that I didn't make enough effort to go to all the previous ones. I'm now torn between wishing he would take a break because he must be exhausted, and wishing he would fit in some more close to home. :roll:
Cheers Gill
gill mclennan

Postby Michelle on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 12:16 pm

Have you ever known 2 hours to pass so quickly?!
Michelle

Postby Fipi on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Gill, I'm glad you finally went to one of Andrea's concerts and joined the magic circle.You will want to go over and over again now.
Yes Michelle, the time went so quickly I checked my watch to see if the concert was shorter than usual, but no, it just seemed that way.
I went with one of my daughters who has always enjoyed Andrea's singing but I wouldn't call her an out and out fan, When Can't Help Falling in Love started she whispered to me"No one can sing this as well as Elvis" but by the time Andrea had got to the end of it she had definitely changed her mind. =D> Another conquest for him.
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Lelly on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 9:31 pm

Have you ever known 2 hours to pass so quickly?!

My feelings exactly - I couldn't believe that it was over so quickly! And he didn't sing Lucevan! Still, if he sang everything I like he would still be in Birmingham ..............
Lesley
Lelly

Postby Baroque1685 on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 9:53 pm

I enjoy reading the reports. Thanks! Michelle I'm so glad you got go!!!
~Soli Deo Gloria~ "All music...should have no other end and aim than the glory of God and the recreation of the soul; where this is not kept in mind, there is no true music, but only infernal clamour and ranting."~Johann Sebastian Bach
Baroque1685

Postby Renate on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 11:20 pm

Janet contributed some pictures from London to
Bocelli.de

thank you very much!
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Brittany Bowman on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 11:49 pm

Thank you Janet. Nice pictures!
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby janrdobbs on Wed 11 Oct, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks Brittany! Lucky enough to get 2nd row tickets so my sister and I were able to get some lovely pics. ABsolutely amazing concert! I'm sure I detected a huge 'sigh' from everyone when he walked on stage in that white jacket...well, there was from the 2nd row!!!! I agree with everyone else, 2 hours seems more like 2 minutes, it never seems long enough!! Oh well, cloud 9 will keep me going until the next one! :lol:

-Jan
janrdobbs

Postby Renate on Sat 14 Oct, 2006 10:03 pm

thanks to Karen we now have a report from London and some more very nice pictures at
Bocelli.de
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby westsiderny on Sat 14 Oct, 2006 10:27 pm

Great photos! Thank you!
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby DueBaci on Sun 15 Oct, 2006 4:02 am

Thanks Karen ! ... that's a great shot of *the wave* 8)
DueBaci

Postby Ivannia on Sun 15 Oct, 2006 4:25 am

I really love these photos, specially where he rises his hand...thanks
Ivannia R.
Ivannia

Postby justlaura on Sun 15 Oct, 2006 4:29 pm

Great pix and nice reports from everyone! It was like I was there! :thumright:
justlaura

Postby annacelli on Sun 15 Oct, 2006 10:15 pm

thanks to Karen and Janet we now have a report from London and some very nice pictures at Bocelli.de

Thank you both...nice pictures!
annacelli

Postby Michelle on Mon 16 Oct, 2006 12:15 pm

Thanks Karen and Jan! I didn't have a camera with me - and was probably too far back anyway, but your photos remind me of the experience!
Michelle

Return to Concert