Postby patriciabutler on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 1:12 pm

[align=center]Andrea Bocelli in Concert
Acc by Czech National Orchestra
Prague Chamber choir
Conductor Marcello Rota
Soprano Daniella Bruera
Barotone Gianfranco Montresor
Special Guest Rosalia Misseri[/align]

After many months of waiting came the day for my first visit to an Andrea Bocelli concert. I had ordered my tickets in April - they arrived last Friday!! Worry no of course not - I was getting frantic! I ended up calm and on a cloud , my other half David frantic with worry - he is more used to driving a tractor round quiet fields and was dragged from his communing with nature to drive me into the wilds of Birmingham city centre. It is a straightforward drive just up to junction 3 and up the Hagley road , until you you request an AA traffic route off the internet. ' I thought you said it was easy' he said. 'It is ' I replied ' only one road after leaving junction 3'. 'Hmmm' he replied. We were alright till we got into town then the panic set in. Where was the parking , signs point the way but never reassure. Eventually we parked . Then we had to find out way back to the ristorante where I had been invited to meet Gill and Lelly
,we found it after being misdirected twice, to find a confused Italian gentleman on the door who thought we had made a reservation he didn't know about! We were eventually spotted by Gills husband who had guessed who we were and rescued us. We had a delicious meal with some lovely people( is it Andreas lovely nature which inspires such bon ami). Thanks to Gills husband for the generous treat. Then we wandered round to the NIA, my heart beating a little faster with every step.

At last the orchestra files in and begins to tune up, the lights go down, and the stage is illuminated and the conductor walks on and the concert begins.
We have been lucky we have aisle side seats and my view in unobstructed
though a little distant. So while I admired Andrea , David drooled over the soprano! Gill had said he is more handsome in real life , I didn't believe but I should have. His voice more beautiful. Tears were pricking my eyes as he sang Brindisi and The Pearl fishers duet(which has always been a favourite from my younger years, wonderful with Gianfranco Montresor.
For the last quarter he changed into his white jacket ( not because the other one was dirty he said, but because of a change of mood) and sang songs from Amore. I love that cd. ( Just a thought Andrea, when you sing Time to say Goodbye how about inviting everone to sing with you - it would raise the roof( and raise a few more eyebrows!).

To sum up my evening - IT WAS THE MOST GLORIOUS EXPERIENCE - We met some warm and friendly people with whom I would like to keep in touch listened t6o some wonderful music played and sung by very talented people and I can't wait to hear him on his home ground next year.

Thank you Andrea with all my heart.

Tricia
patriciabutler

Postby kbarham on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 2:56 pm

Tricia, yes I agree last nights concert was fantastic. No matter how many times I have the privilege of going to an Andrea Bocelli concert I am still amazed at the mans beautiful voice and isn't he so gorgeous with it!

We really enjoyed our meal with you and your husband and the others and yes a big thank you to Gills husband for his generosity towards us. I hope that we can all meet up again.

I couldn't believe my luck last night as some of my favourites were sung, The Pearl Fishers duet (I liked the Barontone), O Soave Fanciulla,Because We Believe and Can't help Falling In Love which I'm sure Andrea was singing to me! A girl can dream can't she...........

Tricia, I'm so glad that you have a great 'first time' concert........Take care.
Karen
kbarham

birmingham concert

Postby patriciabutler on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 3:32 pm

Hello Kbarham, Thanks ,it yes was a great experience and lovely to meet you. I hope very much that we will all meet again, especially that we will be able to return the generosity of Gill's husband . I can't imagine a more pleasant way to spend an evening. My love and best wishes to everyone
Tricia
patriciabutler

Postby gill mclennan on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 4:31 pm

Hello all, wasn't he fantastic? We went back to the hotel afterwards for a drink with Lelly and her husband but at 3am I was still awake and reliving the concert. He was just so much MORE than I expected! The CD's won't be enough after seeing him in the flesh.
It was great meeting you all and I hope it won't be too long before there's another concert and a get together. May be Italy!

Cheers Gill
gill mclennan

Postby Lelly on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 5:36 pm

but at 3am I was still awake

So was I !! A different concert from the first "big" venue, but so wonderful. He gets better as he gets older - and didn't he just look so good! We had a fantastic night, a good meal in good company (thanks Alex) and an evening with the most wonderful voice. I don't know why everyone claps when "Time to Say Goodbye" starts - I just shout "No! No!". The evening was just too short - much too short ...
Lesley
Lelly

Postby patriciabutler on Sun 08 Oct, 2006 8:33 pm

Sounds like the excitement kept you all awake.sorry we couldn't stay for a drink with you but our old doggies would have been extremely uncomfortable by 3-4 am! Nothing will do but meeting him now somehow(what is life without dreams). All I need is to win the lottery and promote a concert.
patriciabutler

Re: birmingham concert

Postby kbarham on Mon 09 Oct, 2006 6:04 pm

patriciabutler wrote:Hello Kbarham, Thanks ,it yes was a great experience and lovely to meet you. I hope very much that we will all meet again, especially that we will be able to return the generosity of Gill's husband . I can't imagine a more pleasant way to spend an evening. My love and best wishes to everyone
Tricia

Tricia, me and Melv would love to meet up again as we really had a lovely time together but not long enough! Take care and keep in touch please. Karen
Karen
kbarham

Postby Michelle on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 12:59 pm

Thanks for the review Tricia - I love reading the reviews. They mean so much when you have actually been to a concert and understand the emotions involved. I'm glad you all had a great time!
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Postby patriciabutler on Tue 10 Oct, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi Michelle, thanks for your kind words , I am only sorry that you chose Wembley and not Birmingham , Gill and i could have met another intrepid traveller. Never mind another time. I am afraid my report if you could call it that seemed a bit cut short, but I found myself getting a bit emotional and lost for words and well they just dried up. Never been very good at expressing feelings in words and certainly couldn't find anything to add to the report from Manchester - it was all said and expressed so well.
Just think how wonderful Tuscany will be next year - we will come back drunk on music and ---
patriciabutler

Postby maruscatoscana on Wed 11 Oct, 2006 9:17 pm

Patriciabutler wrote:Just think how wonderful Tuscany will be next year - we will come back drunk on music and ---

Hi Patricia
Ciao, great report! I went to the concert in Manchester, and Tina did a great story too in telling about it in her report. It was great to meet her, and 2 other fans and her partner.

YES. Tuscany will be wonderful next year! And I'm planning not to miss that, as this year, unfortunately, I didn't know the date for the concert in Lajatico, so I went to visit my relatives in Tuscany in May! And so you can immagine how I felt when back in England, I read the schedule for that concert!! If I knew it before, I could have gone then!! So, God willing I really want to go next year! It would be nice to meet all the English fans!! I'm considering on going to the heart concert in Genova, it's going to be on the day of my birthday: January 19. :cheers: Wouldn't be great?
The way to be happy is to make others happy, and we'll have a little heaven right here!!
maruscatoscana

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi Marusca

Do you have any details on the concert in Genova ? Where is Genova ?
No info on Bo. de. Obviously nothing much available yet...
carolina1954

Postby Michelle on Thu 12 Oct, 2006 8:46 am

patriciabutler wrote:Just think how wonderful Tuscany will be next year - we will come back drunk on music and ---

I can't wait!!!! I get excited just thinking about it! :lol:

\:D/
'How is the greatest tenor in the world?' asked McCormack.
'When did you become a baritone?' replied Caruso.
Michelle

Return to Concert