US tour dates

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby Renate on Sat 21 Oct, 2006 6:03 pm

westsiderny wrote:What's the purpose to keep beating a dead horse? I am sure there is a valid reason for the concerts to be cancelled. It happens all the time with other performers too. I feel sorry for the fans that are affected by this, but please, give us a break! :shock:

I can only underline this.

In the forum meeting point you now find a topic: "Moi je me mets à la place de tous ceux qui sont déçus" started with Francesca's message for those who want to keep on the discussion about these or other cancelled concerts.

I understand everybody, who is disappointed of the cancellation of these last two concerts and of course everyone is invited to express this disappointment and anger here.

But one message per person should be enough. A hill of them doesn't serve to reach the responsibles. Indeed it would be better then to write to the producers and management and try to get an answer from them.

As soon as I knew any further explanation I would let you know. Be sure.

The fans here on this forum cannot help in this matter but only express their sympathy.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Renate on Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:18 pm

I am glad that at least I can let you know the press release now:

Due to technical logistical problems, outside the control and responsibility of Andrea Bocelli, we regretfully announce that the concerts scheduled for Portland and Seattle have been canceled. We hope to be able to return to these cities soon. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

I know this is only a small consolation at the moment, but at least there is hope that Andrea will come to these cities soon.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Francesca on Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:22 pm

Ce n'est pas une petite mais une grande consolation que d'avoir de l'espoir.....
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby carolina1954 on Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:45 pm

Renate, where was this press release published ?
carolina1954

Postby westsiderny on Tue 24 Oct, 2006 11:57 pm

carolina1954 wrote:Renate, where was this press release published ?

Go to http://www.andreabocelli.org/ and click on News and Concerts. Once on the page, scroll down and there is under News.
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Seattle concert

Postby Sierra on Wed 22 Nov, 2006 4:04 am

I know my daughter and I had tickets for the concert, and were disappointed when we found out that the concert had been cancelled. I wondered about the people who got their tickets through the PBS program, I also saw that program. I know we had tickets seven rows back, but i had no problems getting my money back, but I was curious about the tv tickets. Hopefully we will get a chance to see him when he comes back to Seattle again, until then my daughter and I enjoy his Amore DVD and CD which I recently bought. I did read where it was no fault of his, but due to tecnological difficulties, which can occur. I am looking forward to my daughter and I enjoying his beautiful voice when he comes back to Seattle. Sierra. :( :flower:
Sierra

Bocelli cancels Northwest Sinfonietta concerts

Postby westsiderny on Thu 23 Nov, 2006 7:12 am

Bocelli cancels Northwest Sinfonietta concerts
Published: November 22nd, 2006 05:45 PM
World-renowned opera singer Andrea Bocelli has cancelled the two December concerts he was to give in Seattle and Portland accompanied by Tacoma's Northwest Sinfonietta. The concerts would have meant huge exposure for the 15-year-old chamber orchestra, which was chosen by Bocelli’s organization purely on reputation.

Technical and logistic difficulties are the reason for the singer's decision, according to the tenor's website, http://www.andreabocelli.com , but Sinfonietta director Christophe Chagnard is skeptical.

"They never gave us a motive," says Chagnard, who was informed of the cancellation three weeks ago. "But we're pretty sure it was a conflict, a feud, between the main presenter Bill Silva and the subcontractor Frank Russo."

Full article...
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Previous

Return to Concert