Bocelli concerts in Galway and Kilkenny - Reviews

Discussions about Concerts

Moderators: Renate, Management

Bocelli concerts in Galway and Kilkenny - Reviews

Postby westsiderny on Thu 15 Jun, 2006 3:15 pm

[glow=red]Andrea Bocelli's[/glow] summer concert in Salthill has been granted an event licence, the last hurdle that had to be cleared before the concert could take place.

At Monday's city council meeting, councillors granted permission for an event licence for [glow=red]Andrea Bocelli's [/glow]concert in Pearse Stadium on Saturday July 1. An audience of 12,000 is expected for the Tuscan tenor's show which will run from 8pm to 10.30pm. Pearse Stadium will admit concert goers from 6pm.

The event licence was granted with a number of conditions. The applicant shall pay the city council E 2,500 as a deposit against the cost of providing litter bins and any additional street cleaning.

All amplification of music shall be contained within the venue and must comply with the terms of the Environmental Protection Agency Act 1992. All drinks within the venue shall be served in plastic containers and no glass shall be permitted. No drink will be served after 10pm.

The requirements of the Gardaí must be adhered to and the costs arising shall be met by Aiken Promotions. Any additional requirements of the co-ordinator of major accidents plan, Health Services Executive, shall be resolved directly with the HSE prior to the event.

The requirements of the chief fire officer in relation to fire safety management, as detailed in the attached report from the fire authority, shall be adhered to.

http://tinyurl.com/zvxfy
Last edited by westsiderny on Thu 27 Jul, 2006 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Wed 21 Jun, 2006 3:46 am

Win two pairs of tickets to see [glow=red]Andrea Bocelli [/glow] in Galway!

Galway City Council in association with Aiken Promotions are proud to announce that the sensational and enigmatic [glow=red]Andrea Bocelli[/glow], who has already sold out his concert at Nowlan Park, Kilkenny on the 2nd July, will bring a host of prestigious and talented musicians to join him on stage for his first ever performance at Pearse Stadium, Galway on Saturday 1st July 2006.

Tickets for this spectacular event are priced at EU 155, EU 105, and EU 55 and are available from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

[glow=red]Andrea Bocelli[/glow] has a truly unique, incredibly communicative voice which has made him a phenomenon on the modern musical landscape and has helped him to forge a ground breaking career.

To support him on his tour, he is bringing an exceptional one hundred and fifty people to appear on stage with him to bring Irish audiences a concert they will not forget.

Of course, if you would like to bag a pair of tcikets for the gig, the Athlone Advertiser has two pairs to give away. Simply answer the following question to be in with a chance of winning.

[glow=red]How many people will appear on stage with Andrea Bocelli?[/glow]

Send your answer on a postcard with your name and address to Athlone Advertiser, 21 Mardyke Street, Athlone, or alternatively drop it in to our office at the above address.

http://www.athloneadvertiser.ie/index.php?aid=1347

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Mon 26 Jun, 2006 4:05 pm

Blues, bling and Bocelli as music rocks the country

MUSIC fans are heading south en masse for some of the biggest acts in the world. The mighty Bob Dylan and the biggest name in hip-hop, sweater-wearing Kanye West, both play Cork, while Italian opera star Andrea Bocelli takes on Kilkenny.
[...]

Next weekend, [glow=red]the delicious Andrea Bocelli [/glow] travels from Galway to Kilkenny for two shows in as many days. Catch the international classical sensation, with music provided by the Czech national symphony orchestra at Pearse Stadium in Galway on Saturday July 1 and in Nowlan Park, Kilkenny on Sunday July 2.

Full article...
Last edited by westsiderny on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 1:22 pm

Bocelli follows Bob to Nowlan Park this weekend
Excitement is at fever pitch in anticipation of of the first-ever[glow=red] Andrea Bocelli[/glow] concert which is taking place in Kilkenny next weekend at Kilkenny's biggest sporting venue.

Nowlan Park has had its practise-run with the very successful Source Festival last weekend and the crew are now preparing the pitch for a fully seated and sold out event with [glow=red]world renowned classical opera singer Andrea Bocelli[/glow].

Andrea is playing in Galway the night before he hits Kilkenny and fans are understood to be travelling to Kilkenny from home and abroad in order to witness the Italian tenor live on stage in such an intimate outdoor venue.

Read more...
Last edited by westsiderny on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westsiderny

Postby maruscatoscana on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 1:34 pm

Wow!
Sound like it will be an unforgettable event!! I've been trying to get tickets from e-bay, God willing if the seller accept my low-badget offer, I could go.....even though I know those tickets are worth a million pounds!!!! I hope destiny will negotiate for me.... :jocolor:
The way to be happy is to make others happy, and we'll have a little heaven right here!!
maruscatoscana

Postby westsiderny on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 4:07 pm

10,000 expected for Bocelli show - Galway
Over 10,000 people are expected for the [glow=red]Andrea Bocelli[/glow] concert at Pearse Stadium, Salthill this Saturday 1 July.

The celebrated Italian opera star will be supported by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maestro Marcello Rota. He will be joined on stage by a choir and a baritone in addition to a soprano.

The first part of the concert will include classical opera arias and, after the intermission, the artist will perform famous arias and Neapolitan songs. For the show's climax, the tenor will be joined by a band to play songs from his latest studio album "Amore".

The concert will start at 8pm and is expected to run until 10.30pm. Limited tickets are still available from all the usual local outlets and are for sale online from http://www.ticketmaster.ie.

Full article...

westsiderny

Postby Mimi Love on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 6:40 pm

The Galway Advertiser article is so funny! I never expected to read about Andrea Bocelli, liter bins and plastic beverage containers in the same story!!
Mimi Love

Postby westsiderny on Wed 28 Jun, 2006 7:03 pm

As a matter of fact, the liter bins and plastic beverage containers should be mentioned in the advertisement of every Bocelli concert taking place in the sport arenas. People eat and drink as it is the costume in these events, but leave the trash all over. A reminder may help... :wink:

westsiderny

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 3:46 pm

I will be flying to Ireland tomorrow as I have front row tickets for the Kilkenny concert. I can't wait and can hardly type as I as soooo excited! :bounce: I am like a child before Christmas; 3 more sleeps to go and then the concert :D
la Gioconda

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 4:47 pm

I am flying in on Saturday and going to Galway( Ryanair willing [-o< AND Kilkenny !!!!!

I only have "cheap" seats, but I was not going to go at all until last week.

2 more sleeps for me !!
carolina1954

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:15 pm

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/event.asp?eid=13
I HAVE JUST BEEN ON TO THIS SITE AND IT SAYS THE CONCERTS IN IRELAND ARE POSTPONED. dOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INORMATION? HELP!
la Gioconda

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:25 pm

Ticket master says the same; cancelled due to a throat illness. Can't believe it......
la Gioconda

Postby westsiderny on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:26 pm

Oh, no! Hope is nothing serious and that he will get well soon. We love you, Andrea!

westsiderny

Postby Francesca on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:41 pm

la Gioconda wrote:Ticket master says the same; cancelled due to a throat illness. Can't believe it......

Je suis désolée pour vous, vous devrez attendre encore quelques jours mais vous aurez quand même vos concerts. Nous n'avons pas eu cette chance.
Pas d'annonce officielle ?

Andrea a dû trop crier "brava !":

Andrea Bocelli applaude l'acuto della sua Veronica La fidanzata si è laureata all'Università di Macerata
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:49 pm

Merci Francesca, mais j'habite aussi loin de Kilkenny que vous. Pour moi le reve de voir et ecouter Andrea est fini. J'espere qu'il se remettra bien de son maladie. Mais, je me permet un petit instant de deception, arrose avec quelques larmes.
la Gioconda

Postby Cielo on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:51 pm

Cielo

Postby Francesca on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:52 pm

Alors c'est vraiment triste :( je comprends cette déception.
Francesca

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:53 pm

What a terrible shame !!! :(

But Andrea's health must come first, so I wish him a speedy recovery and hope it does not hurt too much.
carolina1954

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:58 pm

Danke.Das ist Pech. Es ist sehr argerlich.
la Gioconda

Postby westsiderny on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 5:58 pm

The attendants to il Concerto del Cuore in Genova will be also disappointed. But, Andrea's health is first.

westsiderny

Postby anna62 on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:15 pm

La déception semble être le lot des fans d'Andrea : Bercy , l'Irlande , Gênes ..... Sera-t-il remis pour Lajatico ??
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Get well

Postby Ivannia on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:20 pm

Andrea
I remember you in my prayers at all times, Get well soon...
Gente buena como tú no debería sentirse así!

Saludos,
Ivannia
Ivannia

Postby Francesca on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:34 pm

Lors de notre dernier concert en 2002 Andrea avait aussi mal à la gorge mais il a chanté quand même, et très bien chanté.

Il faut croire que cette fois-ci c'est plus grave, il doit être désolé de ne pouvoir chanter. C'est une chose qui peut arriver à tout artiste.
Francesca

Postby westsiderny on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:41 pm

anna62 wrote:Sera-t-il remis pour Lajatico ??

Let's be positive here, okay? The Ireland concerts have been rescheduled for July 22 and 23. I assume the doctor(s) predict that by then, Andrea will be in good shape and so do I. The Lajatico concert is not until July 27. It is better that he takes care of himself now than keep forcing himself, taking the risk of hurting his voice. Unfortunately, there is nothing else anybody can do in these circumstances but hope for a full recovery. I am sure Andrea is not happy about these postponements, either.
Last edited by westsiderny on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westsiderny

Postby carolina1954 on Thu 29 Jun, 2006 6:48 pm

Quite so Nellie !! Well said.
carolina1954

Next

Return to Concert