Bocelli Sings at Met _ for Practice

Discussions about Operas

Moderators: Renate, Management

Bocelli Sings at Met _ for Practice

Postby westsiderny on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 3:54 am

Bocelli Sings at Met -- for Practice
1 hour ago
NEW YORK (AP) — Andrea Bocelli made it to the Metropolitan Opera -- to test out the acoustics.

The blind tenor, who is friends with Met general manager Peter Gelb, sang some Italian art songs on the main stage on Nov. 2, Met assistant manager Elena Park said Friday. While the Met isn't looking to cast Bocelli in an opera, he could sing an out-of-season piano recital, Park said.

Read more...
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 7:39 pm

Y es que todos sabemos que Andrea es un gran artista, muy profesional y detallista. ¡ Bravo! :)
jezabel66a

Postby Patrice Adams on Sun 11 Nov, 2007 12:38 am

Oh no don't go there, who is this Met manager a self proclaimed Pope of Opera. Oh Andrea does not have to audition for any opera house even the Grand ole' Met. Out of season piano recital? OMG that really is gaul.
Prehaps I'm wrong and someone will correct me, but did the first opera come from New York? Acoustics are along long way from audition, please. Elena Park that statment about our beloved tenor is embarrasing to say the very least, I hope you are not american, prehaps from another planet far, far away. May the force be all over you. P.S. I've been to the Met it could use some new talent, obviously unrecognized by you.
Patrice Adams

Postby westsiderny on Sun 11 Nov, 2007 3:11 am

Patrice Adams wrote:Oh no don't go there, who is this Met manager a self proclaimed Pope of Opera. Oh Andrea does not have to audition for any opera house even the Grand ole' Met. Out of season piano recital? OMG that really is gaul.

I am afraid you are out of line with your comments. I believe it would be more prudent for you to 1) abstain from calling the Met manager by names invented by you, and 2) insulting Ms. Park. Nobody is talking about 'audition', but testing the acoustics, as the original release by the Associated Press reads. * Please, control yourself and don't spoil things for Andrea. Nobody is asking for opinions about this matter anyway. We just should limit ourselves to read the article and wait for a follow up if there is meant to be one. That's all. And for your information, 'out of season' for the Met means in between opera season. When Andrea performed at the Avery Fisher Hall it was right before the New York Philharmonic concerts season started.

As per an engine translator (freetranslation.com)

*"testing the acoustics" means "testare l'acustica"
Last edited by westsiderny on Sun 11 Nov, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Renate on Sun 11 Nov, 2007 6:35 pm

We just leave it to the few facts here and to the professionals to decide. Time will tell if something will come out of this meeting, whatever it is called.
Be kind to each other and towards oth thank you.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby lindabella on Mon 12 Nov, 2007 2:44 am

what a strange way to report in the press. it sounds like a slight...as usual you can't belive what the press reports ,there are always facts missing.l
Lindabella
lindabella

Postby kaycarley on Mon 12 Nov, 2007 9:25 am

Andrea has to rehearse somewhere. His friend in the Met was probably helping him out in this way.

It doesn't really sound as if any slight was intended. I doubt very much that Andrea would want to commit to a an opera in NY at this stage but I am sure many people would love to see him in any sort of "One -off show"

Don't worry Patrice. If there was any insult to Andrea in NY Westsiderny would sort it. She is on the spot and well able to do so.

I would think he has similar arrangements in most of the places he visits regularly wouldn't you?
kaycarley

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 2:37 am

ANDREA BOCELLI tries out at the MET.

http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/7348.html
jezabel66a

Postby westsiderny on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 2:52 am

I think it will be better if we spell this out, Jez:

The rumors are true. Pop-opera superstar Andrea Bocelli was indeed singing on the Metropolitan Opera House stage in a try-out on a Friday afternoon early this month.

The Met wasn't auditioning him for a lead role in, say, Rigoletto or Turandot, though. According to a report from the Associated Press, the Italian tenor, who is friends with Met general manager Peter Gelb, was just running through a few art songs to find out how singing in the house felt.

Bocelli's admirers don't tend to be opera mavens, however.

The last sentence is somehow true and honest Bocelli fans should admit it.

http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/7348.html

westsiderny

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 3:13 am

Solo traje la nota WESTSIDERNY, me abstengo de cualquier comentario al respecto.
jezabel66a

Postby westsiderny on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 3:15 am

I don't think I asked you for comments. Just to post some paragraphs. Some people would think that it is a repetition of previous articles, all with the same text. This differs to the previous ones... adds some clarification(s).

Thanks anyway for posting only the link.

westsiderny

Return to Opera