Andrea's "Carmen"

Discussions about Operas

Moderators: Renate, Management

Andrea's "Carmen"

Postby peejay_patjay@yahoo.co.uk on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:35 pm

:roll: to Renate, thanks for your help, it's great to be back in touch again. Have you had any indication of when the "Carmen" recording which was finished over a year ago will be released, and do you have to wait for Sugar Music to announce it. I spoke to Bryn Terfel after one of his concerts when he said that it was finally finished. He said he thought there might be a 'highlights' album released first. This is what happened when a studio recording of Carmen was done by Angela Gheorghiu, Roberto Alagna and Thomas Hampson, then the whole thing was released a couple of months later. Andrea [or Sugar] does seem to be holding back recordings long after they are made, before we actually get to hear them. By the way Andrea's album Viaggio Italiano was re-released in UK shortly after he did the O2 concert and the Diana concert and it went way back up in the charts again, so we are crying out for some new stuff from Andrea, especially as he doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of concerts at the moment. We miss him! Love Patjay.
peejay_patjay@yahoo.co.uk

Postby Lelly on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:40 pm

I spoke to Bryn Terfel after one of his concerts

I love the way you just drop that into the conversation - lucky you! I remember Bryn and Andrea talking about Carmen during an interview recorded at Bryn's Faenol Festival in 2005, so I think the recording will still be a few years' old by the time we get to hear it. I do wish Andrea would do some up to date classical recordings for us, as his voice has changed and improved so much since his earlier recordings.
Lesley
Lelly

Postby sofia on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 2:15 pm

I am sorry he doesn't bring out his opera recordings once they are recorded.
As said before,when they are released,much later,his voice has changed /improved so much that there is a big difference.
I never could understand the reason for this.
Meanwhile,others bring out the same product and he hold his release in again......where is the benefit of this systeme?
Maybe he has his reasons for that,but me,I don't get it!
sofia

Return to Opera