opera-guide

Discussions about Operas

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby Deana@USA on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 1:45 pm

Caroling-
What an amazing experience! How I would love to hear Andrea live one day. I would probably require a whole box of tissue. Just listening to a cd, can make me tear up. His voice does something to me . Even my husband agrees, he is off the chart wonderful!

Ciao, Deana :rid:
Deana@USA

Postby carolina1954 on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 3:19 pm

He sounds wonderful on studio recordings, but live you seem to get that extra dimension, somehow.
I have been lucky to hear him sing without a microphone a few times, just ABsolutely brilliant.
carolina1954

Postby kaycarley on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 3:21 pm

Yes please do let Renate have those photos Caroline, your photos are wonderful.
kaycarley

Postby carolina1954 on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 3:41 pm

:oops: thanks Kay.....

Didn't get as close with these as some of my others though.
carolina1954

Postby DueBaci on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 7:44 pm

carolina1954 wrote:This was March 2006 and there were about 250 people in the audience, was recorded in a very small studio, for a BBC programme about great songs from great movies, and I sat in row 2, about 20 feet away from Andrea, and of course the other singers, who were, to name a few, you might recognise: Shirley Bassey, Cyndi Lauper, Robin Gibb, Vittorio Grigolo.
Most of the others had to do 2 or 3 takes, for various technical reasons, but of course, Andrea managed to do it in only 1......such a shame, for us :)
He was walked on stage by Veronica, parked his backside on this rickety stool, (looked very unsafe !) and just sang......beautifully, and Carlo played the piano.
He then had to wait a minute or two, I heard him ask if it was allright, and it was, then Veronica came and collecte him again and he waved goodbye....

The BBC give free tickets to some recordings and I just submitted my request for 2 tickets (3 times...lol, to be sure), heard nothing byt the closing date and thought, oh well, never mind. Then I got a phone call, at work the Tuesday afternoon, would I like to go, well, would I, mmmm..... well, I may have to stay in and wash my hair.....
Would I go, what a silly question !
My daughter was originally going to go with me, as I am not very familiar with London, but at such short notice she couldn't make it, but she found a friend who is a big Shirey Bassey fan and we had a great night together.
I managed to get a couple of nice photos too, thinking about those, I wonder if I ever sent them to Renate, must check that.

Just checked it, and no, there's no record of it. I shall mail her and ask if she'd like them.

What a neat experience ! ... thanks for sharing... and YES Please do share those photos with Renate.
DueBaci

Postby Glory_94 on Sun 02 Sep, 2007 5:55 pm

hi everyone! in these 18 days when I wasn't there (holiday in Hamburg, Bremen and Germany!) what's happened??? someone can make FOR ME :) a little resume??? thank you, or like they say in germany: danke!
oO°-- Tutto ciò che sappiamo dell'amore è che l'amore è tutto!! --°Oo
Glory_94

Postby sunflower on Sun 02 Sep, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi Glory. How were you on holiday? :)

Resume? What concretly do you mean?
sunflower

Previous

Return to Opera