Andrea on 'This Morning' 15th November

press review -
rassegna stampa

Moderators: Renate, Management

Andrea on 'This Morning' 15th November

Postby blacklab84 on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:39 pm

I've just sent an email to ITV's 'This Morning' complaining that Andrea wasn't interviewed as scheduled. Being a live show I assume they ran out of time with lesser mortals rabbitting on and on over their alloted slot. I could have throttled Kris Marshall who they were obviously keen to promote with a new TV series tonight, but at the expense of Andrea. Talk about mis-management of time.... I doubt they will have the courtesy to reply, but I just had to let off steam!

On a positive note Andrea was looking relaxed and handsome as ever singing 'Time to Say Goodbye' =D> It was such a pity we didn't have the opportunity to see him interviewed about Vivere. It beggers belief that they can treat such a high profile artist in this way [-X [-X

Marion
blacklab84

Postby kaycarley on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 3:13 pm

Perhaps we should blame Lelly for keeping him up late last night at that party!

At one point I thought he was not going to appear a all as his name was not mentioned. People often seem to run into traffic problems trying to get into those studios. it will be interesting to see what reply,if any you receive.
kaycarley

Postby la Gioconda on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks goodness you have written about this. I set my recorder to time and have just watched the first five minutes when the schedule is announced. No Andrea! So I switched off the machine in disappointment. Will now fast forward. Thanks goodness I did not record over the rest of the programme!
Thanks!
la Gioconda

Postby Fipi on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 6:19 pm

Wasn't that disappointing? Not Andrea's singing which was better than ever but not to see him interviewed was a great let down.
At first he was mentioned, and then nothing ,and then that interview with Kris Marshall seemed to go on for ever. I was watching the clock and seething with impatience.

Marion, I'm so pleased you emailed them, I hope they have the courtesy to answer you.
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby blacklab84 on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi la Gioconda,

Like you I listened to the details of who was on the show and no mention of Andrea, so I thought he wasn't going to appear today, but thankfully had the DVD recorder set anyway. I was all ready to email ITV about this, when I heard them say Andrea would appear after the news :lol: When they came on air again, they listed him as being scheduled for 12.15. but sadly we only got a few minutes of him singing just before they closed the show. I know we can't get enough of Andrea..... but giving him the opportunity to talk about Vivere today, would have been the icing on the cake.

Can't find any listings about when he is due to appear on Channel 5 tomorrow. May have to email them too.

Hi kaycarley,
Perhaps we should blame Lelly for keeping him up late last night at that party!

I guess we'll have to wait with biated breath for her post!

Marion
blacklab84

Postby crocodileshoes on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi Everyone, like all of you i feel infuriated by the treatment of Andrea on this programme; when the programme first came on there was NO MENTION of him at all or after a break after Sarah Ferguson had been on, but i still put a d.v.d in ready; when they next mentioned who would be appearing-- again no mention; it was only later when they mentioned him and had him listed for 12-15; i did record him singing though and he was great; but i REALLY EXPECTED AN INTERVIEW TALKING ABOUT 'VIVERE' and ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE NEW SONGS; i mean, how on earth can the British public know if this does not happen ? if i were not regularly using this website, i really wouldnt be aware of these things; it was disgusting treatment of Andrea.... i am especially more infuriated now because to add to that, the small number of times i've seen the ADVERT FOR THE C.D, they only show the hits, you dont get to hear a snippet of the new songs or even mention that there are any; so once again, JOE PUBLIC doesnot get informed...... I am livid !!!!!! :evil: :evil:
crocodileshoes

Postby patriciabutler on Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi everyone, couldn't agree more though I am more very disappointed than livid, one would think they would be thrilled at landing such a prize but instead treat him as an afterthought - or (dare I say) maybe they didn't know if he was going to show - for whatever reason.
I was looking forward to a relaxed easy chat and then a song.
Ah well , perhaps another time
patriciabutler

Postby Lelly on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 10:33 pm

Yes, I was very disappointed, but thought it was just after the night before. One thing that happened at the concert on Wednesday evening, was that Andrea was presented with a gold award for Vivere going gold after just TWO DAYS. ITV certainly missed out on that scoop and well done Radio 2!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby kbarham on Sat 17 Nov, 2007 9:14 am

Lelly wrote:Yes, I was very disappointed, but thought it was just after the night before. One thing that happened at the concert on Wednesday evening, was that Andrea was presented with a gold award for Vivere going gold after just TWO DAYS. ITV certainly missed out on that scoop and well done Radio 2!

Well done Andrea!
Karen
kbarham

Return to Press and TV