Andrea auditioned for the Met !!!

press review -
rassegna stampa

Moderators: Renate, Management

Andrea auditioned for the Met !!!

Postby DueBaci on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:00 pm

" New York 10/11/2007 08:01
MUSICA; AUDIZIONE DI BOCELLI AL METROPOLITAN DI NEW YORK
New York, 10 nov. (Ap) - Il tenore italiano Andrea Bocelli ha calcato le scene del teatro Metropolitan di New York per un'audizione, nel corso della quale nel prestigioso teatro americano sono echeggiate le note di alcune canzoni italiane.
New York, 10 nov. (Ap) - Il tenore italiano Andrea Bocelli ha calcato le scene del teatro Metropolitan di New York per un'audizione, nel corso della quale nel prestigioso teatro americano sono echeggiate le note di alcune canzoni italiane. Lo ha annunciato ieri la dirigente del teatro, Elena Park, precisando che l'audizione di Bocelli, che ha 49 anni ed è amico del General manager del Met, Peter Gelb, si è svolta il due novembre scorso. Pur non invitandolo a cantare un'opera lirica, il Metropolitan potrebbe proporre a Bocelli di tenere un recital, ha detto Park. "

link:

http://www.la7.it/news/dettaglio_news.a ... spettacolo
DueBaci

Postby DueBaci on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:20 pm

translation alla DueBaci:

The Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli treaded the boards of the Metropolitan theatre in New York for an audition, in the course of which, the prestigious American theatre resounded with the notes of some Italian songs. This was announced yesterday by the director of the theatre, Elena Park, who explained that Bocelli’s audition, who is 49 and a friend of the General manager of the Met, Peter Gelb, was held on the 2nd of November. While not inviting him to sing for an opera, the Metropolitan might propose that Bocelli hold a recital, said Park.
DueBaci

Postby kbarham on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:30 pm

I was just wondering why wouldn't they invite Andrea so sing for an opera or is the theatre opera agenda full?
Karen
kbarham

Postby DueBaci on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:34 pm

I have my suspicions ... but, won't post them because I really do not know for sure.

... but, just let him SET FOOT on that stage .. and take that audience by STORM ... even for a recital ! ... and THEN we'll see what happens.

poco a poco.. little by little.

... re: opera ... schedules and plans are made, and folks hired, years in advance. like maybe 2 or 3 years in advance.
DueBaci

Postby kbarham on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks for your reply as I have to admit to knowing nothing about the Metropolitan theatre and how they 'feel' about Andrea.
Karen
kbarham

Postby westsiderny on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 4:16 pm

I am afraid that due to the excitement, the Italian site blew this article out of proportion. First of all, Ms. Elena Park is not the Director of the Metropolitan Opera but the Assistant Manager of the Met and, secondly, Andrea wasn't at the Met 'auditioning'. He just went there to 'check the acoustics'. Here is the original article by the Associated Press that was posted on this forum last night, just one minute after it hit the waves, thanks to our Jezabel who just 'droped' the link on the Spanish forum, without any comments, and I picked it up from "there" to bring it "here": :)

And here is the thread I started last night:

http://lnx.andreabocelli.org/Gold/viewt ... 8523#68523

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just wait for the next installment, which I would suspect it will be from Andrea himself, like before when he announced his appearance at the Avery Fisher Hall.

To be continued... :)
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby DueBaci on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 4:35 pm

mmmm.... checking the acoustics ? mmmm..... don't think so...

not buyin' that one. sorry.

... and the way NYCity and their opera snob/critics feel about Andrea ?.. do I think they are going to *print* that he had an audition there ? Nooooo...... ooo hoo hooo !! Think of what un *uproar* THAT would have caused. :wink:

.... you are free to believe what you wish... and I am free to believe what I wish... and others are free to believe what they wish.

.... only Andrea and those close to him know the *truth* ,
the truth is that you and I and the rest of us can only speculate.

... and hey ... the *press* never lies (italian or american)... and if you believe that one... I gotta bridge in Brooklyn that's up for sale... :wink: anyone interested ? :D
DueBaci

Postby westsiderny on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 4:54 pm

DueBaci wrote:... and the way NYCity and their opera snob/critics feel about Andrea...

Calm down, DueBaci... I think you are overreacting. Just let me say that you are wrong in your statement above. Not because of the bad blood of the critics at the NYT towards Andrea, it means that the City of New York and the Metropolitan Opera share their feelings. I think the article from the Associated Press is very clear.

As I said before, time will tell... :wink:
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby DueBaci on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 6:37 pm

I'm not over reacting. just expressing my opinion. Calm on this end.
DueBaci

Postby Patrice Adams on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 1:21 am

Yes DuBaci, checking acoustics was what the original note said. Of course we are entitled to our feelings and opinions. The Met, the Met , did opera come from New York, think not. Who gives a rotten egg what NY Met or their critics think, it's the world, Pavarotti, two Popes and myself that recognize his acceptance and respected status that needs no audition for any thing; his performances in operas, and performances all over the world including Statue of Liberty concert and 911 memorial service, and the Maestro's funeral (Andrea was asked by Pavarotti to perform) their friendship was well known. How often did Pavarotti, or Domingo audition for NY met? Passion is often mistaken for "over reacting," fear not all is well..
Patrice Adams

Postby DueBaci on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 5:14 am

Patrice Adams wrote:Yes DuBaci, checking acoustics was what the original note said. Of course we are entitled to our feelings and opinions. The Met, the Met , did opera come from New York, think not. Who gives a rotten egg what NY Met or their critics think, it's the world, Pavarotti, two Popes and myself that recognize his acceptance and respected status that needs no audition for any thing; his performances in operas, and performances all over the world including Statue of Liberty concert and 911 memorial service, and the Maestro's funeral (Andrea was asked by Pavarotti to perform) their friendship was well known. How often did Pavarotti, or Domingo audition for NY met? Passion is often mistaken for "over reacting," fear not all is well..

... thanks Patrice.
DueBaci

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Tue 13 Nov, 2007 1:05 pm

Is very hard to judge that Andrea had to participate on rehearsals. After all every time before any performance there is a necessity of the performer to feel more confident and is much easier around also if he can relate more around other people or strange places to them!

As we all know he is great and it'll be very hard to some one to over take his
title of the man who sings with love the way he does!

Thank you
bumblebee_miriam06

Return to Press and TV