The 8th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards,
set for Nov.8 at Mandalay Bay Events
Center in Las Vegas,
will be broadcast live on the Univision Network from
8 - 11 p.m. ET/PT. In addition, the broadcast also will be distributed
internationally to more than 100 countries. Nominees include Shakira,
Beyonce, Ricky Martin, Black Eyed Peas, Sergio Mendes, Andrea Bocelli
amongst others.
Last edited by Renate on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Southerngirl on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 1:25 am

I just saw Andrea on the red carpet for the Latin Grammy Awards with Laura Paucini (I know I didn't spell that right, but ya'll all know who I mean)! Since I don't understand Spanish, I don't know what they ask him. He did not say anything, he just smiled very big. Wonder where Veronica is? :lol:

Does anyone know what AB is nominated for? I saw a list of nominees, but never saw his name. I sure don't want to watch this whole show just waiting on him to show. I'm amazed that I happened to catch him on the red carpet show. I just had it on while I was reading today's posts on the OS, then looked up and there he was looking wonderful!
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby Southerngirl on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 1:33 am

The camera picked up Andrea & Laura a second time. Still outside and still on the red carpet. One of the interviewers is talking with him now, but we can't hear him. Laura is doing most of the talking. Andrea did whisper something to her, probably saying, "lets get outta here". He didn't look especially comfortable. Wish I could have heard what he said.
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:00 am

Southerngirl wrote:Wonder where Veronica is? :lol:

And I wonder why you are laughing? :scratch: :-k
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Southerngirl on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:20 am

I'm not laughing at wondering where Veronica is - I was so happy to see him on the show. The smilie ended up in a bad place if you got the impression I meant something bad by saying that.

Nothing at all meant by my comment - I just thought she'd have an opportunity to dress up and be by her man. I'd love to see her dressed for the red carpet - she'd be stunning.

Do you know Westsiderny, what Andrea has been nominated for at the Latin Grammy's? I going back and forth to it, but haven't been able to catch him. Not understanding anything being said doesn't help.
Southerngirl

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:41 am

I am not watching, unfortunately. I am hoping that Andrea and Laura will sing "Vivere" together, but this time in Spanish. She sounds divine! The Spanish version of this CD is fantastic!

I have no idea in what category Andrea has been nominated. His name doesn't appear in the Official List of Nominees.

And remember, you cannot be glued to your man 24/7. It is not healthy... I bet she is there, all dressed up, in the company of Andrea's children. :)

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Brittany Bowman on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:56 am

Si quieren ver el programa clic la siguient link:

http://telemicro.com.do/

Y haz clic en el numero cinco.

If you want to watch the LAtin grammys, click the link. I have left and then click on the telemicro link.
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:15 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Brittany!!! I could see Andrea and Laura singing "Vivere" in Spanish, as I expected. What a couple of great artists!!!

westsiderny

Postby Brittany Bowman on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:22 am

I wish that I had known about this earlier, my friend called me and told me that you could watch online, and I found it just in time! He was great as usual.! I am glad that you found my message. On my campus, we do not get Univision, so this link was just great!
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:24 am

Acabo de ver la participacion de ANDREA. Despues de casi 2 horas de larga espera, por fin canta Laura Pausini, y se suma en dueto ANDREA.
El tema, ya lo saben, VIVERE en español, muy buena la version, pero en lo personal me quedo con la original, no hay para mi como ANDREA cantando en su idioma.
Felicitaciones a LAURA por su merecido premio, y a ANDREA, ( espere tanto poder verlo que su participacion me parecio un suspiro.....) :wink:
jezabel66a

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:31 am

I love Andrea's singing, no matter in what language... But, I have to admit that I like Italian first and Spanish second. In English doesn't sound as sexy and tender... to me, of course. Imagine him singing Besame Mucho in your preferred Italian... Espero que no te pongas exigente a estas alturas... :lol:

westsiderny

Postby Francesca on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 8:59 am

L'italien et l'espagnol ont beaucoup de ressemblance il est normal qu'Andrea chante bien en espagnol, beaucoup plus qu'en anglais qui est une langue difficile (pour moi impossible) à prononcer.

Pour moi la question ne se pose pas : c'est en italien qu'Andrea doit chanter, sauf s'il s'agit d'une chanson qui est dans une autre langue à l'origine. Je ne voudrais pas qu'il traduise toutes ses chansons en français.

Et je ne comprends pas pourquoi tous ses albums sont systématiquement traduits en espagnol :roll: ne se vendraient-ils pas en version originale dans les pays de langue espagnole ? est-ce pour cela qu'il n'y donne jamais de concert ?
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Francesca on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 9:06 am

C'est Laura Pausini qui a gagné :

ANSA) - LOS ANGELES, 9 NOV - Laura Pausini ha vinto il premio per il miglior album pop femminile con 'Yo canto', ai Latin Grammy Awards. I premi della musica latino-americana sono stati assegnati a Las Vegas. L'artista, che ha cantato in duetto con Andrea Bocelli, ha ricordato Luciano Pavarotti al momento di ritirare il premio.

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus ... 39575.html
Francesca

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 1:53 pm

Ayer al escuchar "en vivo", VIVERE en español, solo atine a decir:¡ que diferente!Las personas que conmigo estaban viendo la actuacion me miraban como preguntando (¿?), y entonces les dije, que la letra difiere bastante de la cancion en italiano, no pierde belleza, pero es distinta.
¿ Porque hay tantas versiones de sus canciones en español?. No lo se.
Pienso que quizas se deba a una estrategia de llegar a mas cantidad de gente, ya que el publico latino es numeroso, y se decida "hacer" el camino mas facil y directo, ahorrandonos dificultades idiomaticas.
Son mas faciles de recordar y llegan primero a tu mente si estan en tu idioma y "evitan" el esfuerzo de la comprension, de esa forma quizas se logre que las personas no canten por fonetica o identifiquen la cancion solo por la melodia.Pero tambien hay muchos otros que preferimos el "esfuerzo" de la comprension, pero nos llevamos el placer de un ANDREA mas puro y original cantando en su idioma..... :)
jezabel66a

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 1:55 pm

FRANCESCA, gracias por el articulo.
Se ha visto la entrega de GRAMMY en tu pais? :)
jezabel66a

Postby DueBaci on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 2:20 pm

Grazie Max and Cielo !!

run to this thread ... Cielo has put up links to lots of pics

and Max put up a link to the video of Andrea and Laura P singing at the Latin Grammy's !!

click here ! :

http://lnx.andreabocelli.org/Gold/viewtopic.php?t=5948
DueBaci

Postby Francesca on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 2:33 pm

Non, nous ne voyons rien de tout cela ici.

Ecouter un chanteur étranger donne l'envie d'apprendre sa langue pour le comprendre, si Andrea avait chanté en français je n'aurais jamais pensé à apprendre l'italien :)

Ca valait bien la peine de faire un petit effort non ?
Francesca

Re: no subject.

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:22 pm

jezabel66a wrote:Ayer al escuchar "en vivo", VIVERE en español, solo atine a decir:¡ que diferente!Las personas que conmigo estaban viendo la actuacion me miraban como preguntando (¿?), y entonces les dije, que la letra difiere bastante de la cancion en italiano, no pierde belleza, pero es distinta.:)

Tu sabes que es un error inmenso el que se comete cuando tratas de hablar otro idioma que no es el tuyo traduciendo las palabras literalmente. Yo encuentro que el sentido de la letra de "Vivere" es el mismo de "Vive ya".

Has leido "La Musica del Silenzio" no solo en Italiano sino tambien en Ingles y Espanol? Alguna gente se queja de que no es exactamente igual. Por supuesto que no es, nunca las traducciones son hechas palabra por palabra...

westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:37 pm

Francesca wrote:Non, nous ne voyons rien de tout cela ici.

Ecouter un chanteur étranger donne l'envie d'apprendre sa langue pour le comprendre, si Andrea avait chanté en français je n'aurais jamais pensé à apprendre l'italien :)

Ca valait bien la peine de faire un petit effort non ?

Your very own Charles Aznavour, Edith Piaf and others, whenever they performed in Lima, Peru or any other Latin American country, they sung in Spanish and there are also many of their recordings in that language. Maybe you don't know that in France because you didn't look for them.

That's why I love going to Italy and Germany. Most of their citizens speak not only their native tongue but also English and Spanish and French. I have never been in France because I've heard that the citizens refuse to speak any other language than their own, like here in America. Now, with the Bocelli phenomenon, everybody is in the Italian wave... Good for them. And regarding the Spanish language in the USA... do you have any idea of how big is the Latin American population here? And they are big spenders. There is no store, big or small, doctor's offices, hospitals, the Metropolitan Opera, you name it, that don't have at least one employee that speaks Spanish... How's that...? :)

westsiderny

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 3:47 pm

Es cierto WEST, la letra de VIVERE es de aliento y esperanza en las dos versiones. Yo tengo ambas, pero solo de gusto personal prefiero esta version en THE BEST of.....que es en italiano como bien sabes.
Tambien es cierto que uno comete errores que pueden ser inmensos al querer traducir un idioma, ¿ me lo dices a mi?, que vivo cometiendo "horrores" en otras lenguas!
Los profesores de idiomas siempre te dicen, que no debes traducir en forma literal, debes no solo aprender la lengua sino tambien "pensar" en esa lengua, nada facil, eh?.Quizas lo bueno de todo esto es que hay variedad para la eleccion,y por eso digo que ANDREA me gusta en cualquier idioma, pero si puedo elegir, mejor en italiano., per me :)
jezabel66a

Postby westsiderny on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 4:01 pm

Perfecto. Tambien los profesores te dicen que cuando comienzas a soñar en el nuevo idioma que estas aprendiendo, es una seña de que estas asimilando las lecciones. Y eso es cierto... si supieras las conversaciones que tengo en Italiano cuando estoy dormida... :lol: Pero si tengo que conversar con esa persona cuando estoy despierta, se me congela la lengua... :lol:

westsiderny

Postby Francesca on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 5:48 pm

westsiderny wrote:
Your very own Charles Aznavour, Edith Piaf and others, whenever they performed in Lima, Peru or any other Latin American country, they sung in Spanish and there are also many of their recordings in that language. Maybe you don't know that in France because you didn't look for them.

Ce qui prouve bien qu'on préférait les entendre en espagnol ou en anglais plutôt que dans leur propre langue, le français. Nous ne demandons jamais cela à un chanteur étranger parce que nous aimons qu'il chante dans sa propre langue.

That's why I love going to Italy and Germany. Most of their citizens speak not only their native tongue but also English and Spanish and French. I have never been in France because I've heard that the citizens refuse to speak any other language than their own, like here in America.

Contrairement à l'Amérique tout est écrit en plusieurs langues ici, quelquefois 8 langues au Louvre par exemple, 4 ou 5 dans les transports, les gares, les aéroports : anglais - allemand - espagnol - italien, parfois portugais et même japonais. Ma fille est allée aux Etats-Unis quand elle avait 15 ans, dans l'avion pas un mot de français sur une ligne qui fait Paris-New-York, à l'aéroport tout en anglais, je n'appelle pas ça de l'hospitalité.
Si la France est le pays le plus visité, il faut croire qu'on n'y est pas si mal reçu. :wink:
Et en Italie j'ai vu aussi des Italiens qui ne parlaient....qu'italien :D

Francesca

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Fri 09 Nov, 2007 5:56 pm

Tambien me sucede eso a mi.... :lol: ...me hace reir tu comentario, pero es verdad.
¡ que maravilla los sueños!, yo hablo perfectamente el italiano y tambien el ingles.

( oops! :oops: mejor no decir con quien hablamos el italiano en nuestros sueños, la mayoria ya se ha dado cuenta...)
jezabel66a

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 3:34 am

8 th ANNUAL LATIN GRAMMY AWARDS.

BROADCAST REACHES 12.6 MILLION VIEWERS.

http://www.pr-inside.com/th-annual-lati ... 293746.htm

( Dije que era un aluvion.... :D )
jezabel66a

Postby westsiderny on Sat 10 Nov, 2007 3:45 am

Another musical highlight featured [glow=red]Best Female Pop Vocal Album winner Laura Pausini [/glow]who was joined onstage by fellow Italian and [glow=red]superstar tenor Andrea Bocelli[/glow].

Jez, your link didn't work because one digit was missing. Here is the correct one:

http://www.pr-inside.com/8th-annual-lat ... 293746.htm

12.6 million viewers!!! :cheers: =D>

westsiderny

Next

Return to Press and TV