review concert Vienna (in Italian)

press review -
rassegna stampa

Moderators: Renate, Management

review concert Vienna (in Italian)

Postby annacelli on Wed 10 Oct, 2007 9:32 am

Last edited by annacelli on Wed 10 Oct, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
annacelli

Postby sam on Wed 10 Oct, 2007 10:16 am

Grazie!
sam

Postby anna62 on Wed 10 Oct, 2007 10:29 am

Grazie !!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby eveluna on Thu 11 Oct, 2007 4:06 am

Jeepers! That German critique is downright mean-spirited! I don't remember reading anything this nasty about any singer anywhere ever... I find it a little difficult right now not to retaliate verbally on their forum. The degree of intellectual arrogance in the article is galling because it also implies that the audience who gave a standing ovation (according to the Italian article link) is an unsophisticated lot! The nerve!!! Oh, well--methinks we all know better, right? Feedback welcome--might help me calm down!
Eve (Eveluna)
eveluna

Postby sofia on Thu 11 Oct, 2007 11:35 am

You are right,the german critic is not a nice one.
Of course there is freedom of speach so no one can do anything against that.
But what is really unfair is that always the same singer is accused.Never is any else criticized in the same way!
sofia

Postby eveluna on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 7:40 am

Yes, there is freedom of speech and I guess I still expect some civility when critics communicate their preferences to the public in an unbalanced, biased manner. As for why Andrea seems to be a preferred target for mediocre critics is something that has puzzled me for a long time.
Anyway, the German critique reminds me of a comment by Laura Teresa Marquez who said, "Arrogance and rudeness are training wheels on the bicycle of life -- for weak people who cannot keep their balance without them." Seems the critic in this article still has some growing up to do :-)
Your comments were welcome, Sofia--I'm glad I have good company in my indignation :-)
Eve (Eveluna)
eveluna

Postby sofia on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 2:08 pm

I totaly agree with you on your point of view,eveluna.
I know I repeat myself but I don't think it is normal that 1 particular person is always the demon.
It is not a question of me being emotional......I'm very down to earth......but a lot of other singers have not the vocal qualities of Bocelli,not at all.
Still ,they are never critisized but honored.
I don't think this is very normal.
Just my own point of view,a strange story.........
sofia

Postby sofia on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 2:27 pm

But on the other hand,by further reflection.......he's the one to sell all these cd's,and also ,he's the one who can ask high prices for his concert seats.
So,that makes him the big winner,in the end,because I doubt if all the others just can do that!
He's ok.......we don't have to worry at all!
sofia

Postby anna62 on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 3:23 pm

Could anyone translate the german article , please ?? ....even if it's not good for Andrea ....
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
anna62

Postby Cami McNamee on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 4:19 pm

eveluna wrote:Jeepers! That German critique is downright mean-spirited! I don't remember reading anything this nasty about any singer anywhere ever...

Lucky you, Eve! I have read far worse many times over in the long span of years that I have followed Andrea's career. Others have wisely observed here what I have told myself over and over: these people are biased and rude, for whatever reason, and I just tell myself to trust my ears and to trust Andrea.

He seems to be able to keep a far better balance regarding these comments than I. Fortunately, he has other more knowledgeable friends and professionals that he can rely on for a true assessment.

I have finally completed a report on the Wiener Staatsoper concert and maybe, when Renate has the time to post it, it will help to take the bad taste of your mouth left by this writer. I hope it!

Cami :wink:
Cami McNamee

Postby Tesora on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 5:13 pm

I wasn't able to read the German article, but I expect it is much like many of the other negative reviews written about him.

I also read a negative review of Chris Botti in Toronto's Globe and Mail last weekend -- called him a pretty boy but said that true jazz fans wouldn't be impressed.

I have a theory about these reviewers. They think themselves superior to the masses, and any time something is popular, they trash it as being too common for their refined sensibilities. If Bocelli were a complete unknown, all the reviewers would be praising him as being the next great thing.
Tesora

Postby Cami McNamee on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 7:00 pm

Tesora wrote:I wasn't able to read the German article,

Tesora, if you click on the link for the article, highlight the text, and then paste it into the window provided below this list that is there for the express purpose of allowing us to translate different languages, you will get a basic idea of the gist of the article. Not that I encourage you to frustrate yourself this way, but it is a good tool for this purpose.

Cami
Cami McNamee

Postby Southerngirl on Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:59 pm

OUCH! That was brutal - it hurt my feelings so I can imagine how Andrea might feel. I know he handles these critics well, but how can you NOT be affected by such criticism? Andrea is a perfectionist and I am also (the difference is, I rarely, if ever, achieve it), and perfectionists do not handle criticism very well.

Maybe after an article like that one is published, Andrea comes here and reads our comments and our thoughts of his performances to help balance out the negative. I hope so . . .
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Postby eveluna on Sat 13 Oct, 2007 1:13 am

Hi all,
I can try to translate the article (my only excuse is that I'm insanely busy with my private practice and getting ready for another trip to Tuscany on Nov. 1 --I know, lucky me, huh :-). I am very grateful, too, to get the chance twice in 2 months--happens probably once a century :-).
Anyway, if I get around to it, I'll post it, Tesora and Anna62. Unless someone beats me to it or you've tried the translation gizmo below....
Nah-- Cami, I've seen--and heard--worse ones, too. Last year, I flew to Switzerland to take my elderly Mom to Andrea's concert (she loves him as much as I do). My dear siblings insisted to tagging along, albeit with idiot comments like, "well, mediocre tickets will do..that way we won't hear the off-key notes too well". I insisted on good tickets, Mom and I enjoyed ourselves, and the my other 3 companions got a lecture in respecting others' tastes, and how not to ruin my total enjoyment. You know, sort of "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all or feel free not come along".... They've since been respectful--setting limits with some folks works.
You're right,Sofia--when one is at the top of the heap, I suppose one is more exposed to all the envy, prejudice, and idiocy of the lesser kind. I had other choice words in mind, but I'll contain myself, being a polite person!
Glad to hear from all of you, and I enjoy very much logging in and checking out everyone's posts. FUN!
Eve (Eveluna)
eveluna

Postby Renate on Sat 13 Oct, 2007 5:50 pm

We do not post complete newspaper magazine texts in this forum. This is for copyright reasons and there is no difference with their translations.
I admit, that I not always manage to delete them all right away, often not at all. but I should... see forum rules.
You can exchange your translation privately by e-mail though.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Francesca on Sat 13 Oct, 2007 7:27 pm

anna62 wrote:Could anyone translate the german article , please ?? ....even if it's not good for Andrea ....

Je trouve que ce genre d'article, si c'est celui que je crois, n'a pas sa place ici.
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Renate on Sat 13 Oct, 2007 7:33 pm

Tesora wrote:...I have a theory about these reviewers. They think themselves superior to the masses, and any time something is popular, they trash it as being too common for their refined sensibilities. ....

Tesora, brava, you coiuldn't say it any better!!!!
May I quote you in the future?
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Tesora on Sun 14 Oct, 2007 1:05 am

Thank you, Renate -- :oops: Of course you may.
Tesora

Postby eveluna on Sun 14 Oct, 2007 1:35 am

Thanks, Renate!. I'm glad you pointed that out! Saves me time, too. :-)
And thanks for all you do!
eveluna

Return to Press and TV