VIVERE: Andrea Bocelli Live in Tuscany- FILM PREMIERE IN NYC

press review -
rassegna stampa

Moderators: Renate, Management

VIVERE: Andrea Bocelli Live in Tuscany- FILM PREMIERE IN NYC

Postby westsiderny on Mon 22 Oct, 2007 3:39 pm

Thanks to Rose Marie that alerted us about this extraordinary event.!

World Premiere Theatrical event at the Ziegfield Theatre, New York on Thursday, November 1st 2007 at 6:30 PM.
Featuring a Q&A with Andrea Bocelli and David Foster prior of the screening of the film - Copyright ® 2007 D&E

Go to the Official Website and click on 'News and Events'. You will be greeted by a fantastic announcement. Click on the link provided for details.

Advance tickets now on sale. Seats are on the first come first served basis.

I bought mine already and can't wait for that day. :cheers: :sunny:
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby westsiderny on Mon 22 Oct, 2007 4:42 pm

I've asked D&E Entertainment if there will be a screening of this film in another cities besides New York and this is their response:

At this point, this is the only place in the world where the film will be presented in HD in a movie theatre with Andrea and David Foster doing a Q&A. Truly a Worldwide Theatrical Premiere Event.

To think that I was planning to move somewhere else to spend my golden years... :)

I Image NEW YORK !

NEW YORK Image ANDREA BOCELLI !!!

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

Postby Brittany Bowman on Mon 22 Oct, 2007 5:51 pm

Oh man!!!! So close, and yet so far. I would be on the plane that Thurdsay if I could, but I have class until 6:30pm that day. $25 is not bad at all for a chance to see the movie and to see the artist in person. I hate my schedule. :(
Beati voi poveri perché vostro è il regno di Dio.
Brittany Bowman

Postby annacelli on Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:38 pm

O boy...why is NY so far away ???? :(
annacelli

Postby Patrice Adams on Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:43 pm

I am willing to do a flight, if tickts are still available and call Westerny in NY. Will an airport taxi be able to drive directly to the theater, and what about of time would we need to get there in traffic, or do you know a better way? If tickets are available I am blessed if not :cry: I am checking roundtrip air now. What I wear is what I will return in, any suggestions, weather wise. Love this site and EVERYBODY! Ciao
Patrice Adams

Postby joonbug on Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:43 am

OOOHHHH!!!!! You are all sooo lucky to get to go to this absolutely spectacular event!!!! :D
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Vivere

Postby carolann1957 on Tue 23 Oct, 2007 2:21 pm

oh, I do hope they intend to release this in theatres! I wish I could be at the NYC premiere!
carolann1957

Postby Renate on Thu 25 Oct, 2007 10:54 pm

http://www.bocellimovie.com

ANDREA BOCELLI "VIVERE LIVE FROM TUSCANY"
FEATURING Q&A WITH ANDREA BOCELLI AND DAVID FOSTER
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 1 at 7:00PM
AT CLEARVIEW CINEMAS

One Night Only!
Thursday, November 1st at 7:00pm.
Tickets $25

Just to add something...
Westsiderny informed you already precisely.
No chance to do it any better.... grazie as usual for all your precious help!

I shift this topic to announcements now, so at least I have a little something to do.

To my excuse: I couldn't announce it before because I just had to smell some Italian air so I took three days off to Venice.
You simply can't get enough of that city and husband wanted to visit the Biennale before it closes this year...

so is this a good excuse or what?
Last edited by Renate on Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby westsiderny on Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:01 am

Renate wrote:... so is this a good excuse or what?

Renate, you couldn't have a better one. If Venice was the cause of your delay, we give you the absolution.! :)

Welcome back! :cheers:

westsiderny

Postby Parish on Fri 26 Oct, 2007 4:37 pm

Just got my tickets!

My wife and I are attending :D

I cannot wait !!!
Parish

Postby Renate on Mon 29 Oct, 2007 11:27 pm

I got this message from Seteve Weiss from Universal (I guess the US American fans will understand better than I do, so I simply forward it this way:

I wanted to point out something about this show, since it might cause some confusion: it is actually being held at the Ziegfeld Theatre. Clearview is the parent company, but the Ziegfeld is a landmark theatre There are a lot of Clearview theatres, but only one Ziegfeld, so it might help avoid confusion if you could mention that.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby DueBaci on Tue 30 Oct, 2007 5:47 pm

this also may help. Here is a link to the official website for the theatre.
there you will find an office phone number .. and address of the theatre.
and a link to click on for *map and directions*

.. also note *the theatre is not handicap accessalbe*

( I thought that was illegal nowadays ? )

here's the link:

http://www.clearviewcinemas.com/cgi-bin ... ay_theatre
DueBaci

Postby westsiderny on Tue 30 Oct, 2007 6:35 pm

I have a couple of updates regarding this event:

1. The management at D&E has confirmed that Andrea Bocelli and David Foster, along with Director David Horn, will be live in the theatre to discuss the movie before the Premiere, and that this will be a once in a lifetime Event.

2. The Ziegfeld Theatre doesn't have the usual facility for handicapped individuals, but they count with personnel designated exclusively to help them to get around.

I have to add that the Ziegfeld Theatre features 1,131 seats, with 825 seats in the front section and 306 seats in the raised balcony section in the rear. The interior is decorated with sumptous red carpeting and abundant gold trim. It is featured in the book "Cinema Treasures" by Ross Melnick and Andreas Fuchs.

This movie palace still offers a grand film-going experience. With its history and its elegant interiors regularly drawing celebrity premieres, the Ziegfeld is often closed to the public.

As you can tell, there is and always will be: [glow=red]The Best for The Best![/glow]

For fans out-of-town that would like to have something to eat before or after the movie, here is a list of eateries near the theater:

Restaurants near Ziegfeld Theater

westsiderny

Postby Big Fan Sue on Wed 31 Oct, 2007 1:47 am

Sounds like another wonderful evening with Andrea Bocelli! \:D/ I certainly hope to be there.
BFSue
"Music is moral law.
It gives a soul to the universe,
wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness and a gaiety
and life to everything.
It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful."-Plato
Big Fan Sue

Postby Parish on Wed 31 Oct, 2007 5:02 pm

My wife sadly cannot attend so I am bringing my fourteen year old son with me. He is actually a fan and frequently requests that I "put on some Bocelli" when I've been abusing my Pink Floyd and Foghat Cd's too much...

I love that kid =D>
Parish

Postby westsiderny on Wed 31 Oct, 2007 5:03 pm

We love him too! :salut:

westsiderny

Postby joonbug on Thu 01 Nov, 2007 10:17 am

I wish to all of you attending the event tonight...have the best and most wonderful and treasured time of your life!
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby Parish on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 4:57 pm

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/ ... ocelli.jpg

Andrea Bocelli was a phenomenally gracious host last night and I strongly recommend that you take the time to watch his new special running in December on PBS.

The premier was a truly incredible film with some fantastic performances from a number of stars and of course, the majesty that is Andrea Bocelli.

He even took time out at the end as he was leaving to sign my CD booklet for me. ( see link above )

:D

More pictures to follow on Monday.Web Page Name
Parish

Postby westsiderny on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 5:24 pm

Hello Parish! It was nice meeting you and your son.

Nice autograph you got there! Congratulations!

The VIVERE: The Best of Andrea Bocelli will be shown on PBS Channel 13 on November 25!

The announcement was made by BFSue yesterday on this thread:

http://lnx.andreabocelli.org/Gold/viewt ... 8136#68136

westsiderny

Postby Parish on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 6:02 pm

Hello Westsider!

Yes it was very nice to meet you as well and thank you for the nice words about our son. I hope you don't consider me one of those "stalkers" even if my wife, friends and family already do!
As we were leaving there were two people handing Andrea's translator some CD booklets to give to Andrea so I just added mine. I mean when is this opportunity ever going to present itself again? I had mixed emotions about doing it but ultimately gave in. There were some folks going up to him throughout the film for signatures and I thought that was pretty invasive but when everything was over and others had already initiated this I thought that it would be O.K.
I thanked Andrea and his translator and we went happily into the night.
It was a glorious evening...
Parish

Postby westsiderny on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 6:27 pm

No need for explantions, Parish. You were 'entitled' to your authograph! :lol: I am glad you mentioned the intrusion of some people during the showing of the movie. That was totally disrespectful and in a very poor taste.

Well, the important thing is that as you say, we had [glow=red]a glorious evening...[/glow] :cheers:

westsiderny

Postby Parish on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 6:41 pm

Thanks for the pass Westy, :D

I did feel it was indeed an evening of entitlement for my son and I.

My Mom passed away a few years ago and she was a huge opera and Andrea fan. I only recently went through her CD's to see what the "buzz" was all about and that's when I completely immersed myself in all things Bocelli. That led to me checkiing out his website and getting tickets for Dec 7th.

Anyway, when my question was chosen out of all that were handed in and when I was able to be there at the exact right time to get Andrea's signature I couldnt help but feel that my Mom had something to do with it. :cry:

I miss her terribly but at least I can pass her love of things down to our kids...

Have a great weekend fellow Bocellists :!:
Parish

Postby Gloria M on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 7:31 pm

Parish wrote:Anyway, when my question was chosen out of all that were handed in and when I was able to be there at the exact right time to get Andrea's signature I couldnt help but feel that my Mom had something to do with it. :cry:

What was your question, Parish? And what was Andrea's answer? Glad to hear that it was a wonderful evening for you! :)

--Gloria M
Gloria M

Postby Parish on Fri 02 Nov, 2007 7:46 pm

It was regarding "Cieli Di Toscana", my favorite record of his. On his DVD of the same name he said that this was a very personal record for him as it was sort of a homecoming for him. My son and I asked how it differed in regards to writing and recording from his other records. He answered that it was a very easy album for him as most of the songs were already written but that it was a favorite of his because of the thematic subject matter (his home) and David Foster jumped in stating that this was the first (or one of the first) Bocelli records to have Andrea's lyrics on it.

L'Incontro

Resta Qui

Il Diavolo E L'Angelo

I felt honored as they only did ask two questions out of a few dozen submitted
Parish

Postby Francesca on Sat 03 Nov, 2007 6:06 pm

ANDREA BOCELLI PORTA TOSCANA A NY

http://www.ansa.it/site/notizie/awnplus ... 37114.html

Il disco dell'esibizione del cantante nella sua citta' natale, in provincia di Pisa, sara' disponibile in Italia il prossimo anno.

MUSICA: BOCELLI, OVAZIONE A NEW YORK PER 'CONCERTO DI LAJATICO'

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Spettacolo ... 1506138274

Una standing ovation ha accolto ieri sera allo Ziegfield di New York l'anteprima di ''Vivere: Andrea Bocelli Live in Tuscan'', il film-documentario prodotto dal network americano Pbs, sul trionfale concerto tenuto nel luglio scorso a Lajatico dal tenore italiano.
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Next

Return to Press and TV