back from Tuscany holiday

a place where you can get in touch with other fans, exchange e-mails, make an appointment in the chat-room, make an appointment in real life...

back from Tuscany holiday

Postby annacelli on Fri 17 Aug, 2007 5:28 pm

Being back from Tuscany for a week now, it is hard not staying there. I am still drying out. Our three week holiday in Tuscany (we rented a house in Pietrasanta) was amazing: :sunny: and a daytemperature around 30 degrees Celcius.

Leaving the airport in Pisa the day of our arrival, the first I saw was a hugh billboard on the street, announcing the TdS-concert on July 5th. It felt like a warm welcome home!!!

The second day in Tuscany we went to the beach of Forte dei Marmi for some hours in the sun and we walked through the town also. It was great to be there again and we rememered a lot from last year. As much as possible, we went to the beach in Forte dei Marmi and several times we had dinner in FdM in the same restaurant as last year.

We have been to Lucca to see the Palazzo Pfanner and its beautiful garden and visited Pisa, Seravezza, Collodi and the gardino di villa Garzoni, Monterosse and Torre del Lago Puccini too. One day, we spent the day in Aqua Village in Cecina. Our trip to Firenze to see the Boboli gardens has fallen into water: being there about an hour, the rain was pouring down and because of the thunder the garden was closed. The rain had no plans to leave, so we walked through wet Firenze to see some other things.

On our first friday, we had a daytrip to :D Lajatico. First we bought 8 bottles Bocelli-wine and some olive-oil. The woman who was helping us in the shop remembered us, than we bought wine last year too.
Then we walked around in Lajatico and took pictures. Walking around, we discovered a little shop, where TdS-tshirts were sold as well as wine, honey and olive oil with the TdS-picture on the label. From this shop, we also took some small concert-posters and a 2007 programm-book back home.
:c33: The best of this day and maybe of our holiday: the woman in this little shop gave both my sister and me a card with the Amore-picture and it is handsigned by Andrea himself. WOW !!! :c33:

The last part of the daytrip was to see the TdS. Amazing amazing...you stop breathing seeing this place. There were on people at that moment, just we. I tried to imagine, how the concert must have been. The acoustic qualities are very very good: my sister was talking to her daughter and I, standing on the other side, could hear every word they said. Of course, our cameras had a lot to work this day.

Because of the security, it is not allowed to have liquids in your hand luggage, we drank all our bottles of Bocelli-wine and took the empty bottles home in our hand luggage. The people at the airport were surprised, but understood after explaining.

Being back :( in the Netherlands is not easy: missing Tuscay had to be overcome and that will be a hard job, taking its time. I already feel homesick. My sister did say it this way: we are three weeks at home and in the Netherlands we are on holiday during the other weeks of the year.
annacelli

Postby carolina1954 on Fri 17 Aug, 2007 6:10 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Annacelli and what a bonus getting those signed photos !!

Yes, theTdS site must be breathtaking, empty. There is a wonderful photo of it, near the back of the 2007 programme.

Being back in the Netherlands, after Italy, must be very difficult indeed. :(
carolina1954

Postby eleanora on Fri 17 Aug, 2007 11:52 pm

It does sound like you had a fantastic vacation Annacelli - how wonderful to get those signed photos - and I just bet you enjoyed the wine :drunken: , I'm sure the transition back to your home after such a terrific vacation would be a challenge - thank you for your posting. LOL Eleanora
eleanora

waiting for Vienna

Postby annacelli on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 6:33 pm

Indeed, it was a fantastic holiday! Now I am counting the days, than five weeks after tomorrow my sister and I are going to the concert in Vienna.
annacelli

Postby eleanora on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 6:50 pm

Oh Annacelli I wish I was you - how fantastic that you are able to go to Vienna - I look forward to reading your report from that performance. Regards - Eleanora :D
eleanora

Postby annacelli on Sat 18 Aug, 2007 6:58 pm

eleanora wrote:Oh Annacelli I wish I was you - how fantastic that you are able to go to Vienna - I look forward to reading your report from that performance. Regards - Eleanora :D

I am still dreaming about Tuscany, but five weeks must be enough to wake up I suppose.
As soon I have waken up from the Vienna concert, I will write a report.
annacelli

Postby kbarham on Sun 19 Aug, 2007 11:17 am

Annacelli thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us. What a lovely holiday you had. We are going to Tuscany in September 2008 all being well, thanks to my eldest son and his partner. I've been before and it is a fantastic area of Italy. I too didn't want to leave Tuscany and it's beauty.
Karen
kbarham

Postby carolann1957 on Sun 19 Aug, 2007 12:40 pm

It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Tuscany! I've never been so I'm a little jealous! And how great that you'll be going to the Vienna concert!!! I saw Andrea twice last year and I'm having withdrawl...I wish he were coming back to the states soon.
carolann1957

Postby Lynnanne on Sun 19 Aug, 2007 10:48 pm

Carolann,

Where did you see Andrea? I notice you live in Ohio, so I'm wondering where you traveled to see him? I live in SC and haven't had the pleasure of hearing him sing in person, but sure hope to someday.

Lynn
Lynnanne

Postby carolann1957 on Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:24 am

Lynnanne, I saw him last June in Boston at the Tweeter Center. It is a really nice outdoor venue. Our seats were no more than 30' feet from the stage and it was absolutely wonderful, sipping champagne and watching Andrea! Well, I enjoyed it so much that when I heard he would be at Madison Square Garden I bought tickets to see him in New York, too! MSG is not the best venue to hear/see Andrea. I was disappointed in that I paid the same price for tickets, $300 each, and really couldn't see him although I was on the floor in front of the stage. I enjoyed going to NYC but will not go there again to see Andrea. I would love it if he would come to Cleveland or Detroit or anywhere within driving distance of me but I am willing to travel if need be!
By the way, after the November concert at MSG, he was at a Hard Rock in Florida which would've been pretty close for you.
carolann1957

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Mon 20 Aug, 2007 2:37 am

ANNACELLI: ¡ que bellas vacaciones! ¡ me alegro mucho por ti!
Gracias por compartirlo. Siempre leo las experiencias que todos dejan aqui, asi aprendo mucho mas y lo puedo sentir mas cercano.
Mi sueño dorado es visitar Italia, aunque sea una vez en la vida, y sobretodo Toscana.
¡ Bravo !. Te felicito! :D
jezabel66a

Postby Lynnanne on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:13 am

Carolann,

Yes, I knew he was at Hard Rock, but unfortunately didn't have enough time to prepare...flight, hotel, ticket, etc. He was also in Newport News, VA which is even closer but, again, I need "time" as I work full time and cannot just take time off at the last minute :( But I'm hoping he comes closer (like Charlotte) but maybe I'll get to see him in NYC sometime...my daughter lives right outside of the City. Although MSG doesn't sound good from your experience. I saw Paul Simon there way back when and it was good show, but then it's totally different from an Andrea concert.
Lynnanne

Postby bumblebee_miriam06 on Tue 21 Aug, 2007 9:08 am

Annacelli is great holidays always !

I do intend to take my holidays next year in Brazil and visit my familly and friends I dearly miss all them !

All the best for you !
bumblebee_miriam06

Postby jlew1949 on Mon 27 Aug, 2007 1:50 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Annacelli:
Thanks for your holiday report. It sound so heavenly. i enjoyed reading it.

Jane
[/font]
Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away -ANONYMOUS
jlew1949

Return to Meeting Point/Treffpunkt/Incontri