Where is everyone

a place where you can get in touch with other fans, exchange e-mails, make an appointment in the chat-room, make an appointment in real life...

Where is everyone

Postby eleanora on Sun 29 Jul, 2007 6:17 pm

:cry:Where is everyone? I miss the chatter on the forum - I watched the DVD "A Night in Tuscany" again last evening - you all know Andrea was just wonderful, I left the lights off, lit some candles and opened a bottle of wine - yes my hubby is away - so I had the evening to myself as well as the house - some of these songs move me to tears no matter how often I hear them - well maybe the wine could have had something to do with that :D - For the past several years my hubby and I have been able to see Andrea live in concert but not this year and I'm suffering withdrawal so I am replaying all the clips and DVD's and youtube videos to keep the withdrawal in check :P Anyway where is everyone this week-end? The forum is so quiet and I miss you all - hope you are all having fun - no doubt you'll be back soooooon - like Andrea :lol: Eleanora
eleanora

no subject.

Postby jezabel66a on Sun 29 Jul, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi, ELEONORA!.
I am here. Jezabel from Argentina.
I feel the same. I like the BOCELLI'S song and D.V.D, of course " A night in Tuscany", too.
I think, the candles with ANDREA's voice is perfect, so beautiful. I like it so much, but, i don't like the wine. :oops:
You asked: Where is everyone this week end?
I don't know. Everything, every forum is......so quiet. :cry:
Bye, Jez.
jezabel66a

Postby Veronica. O on Sun 29 Jul, 2007 8:16 pm

I feel the same. Ofcourse I have been adding to the silence because you know I have been very busy now so even when I come on, I can't say anything or reply back to things..

I dont like the forum like thins. I like it when we discover something new about Andrea and everybody rushes to get a word in. I really miss argueing about which strand of gray hair on Andrea's head is acturally real..lol(just jking about that one). I really miss everyone.

GET typing and CHATTIN people
Veronica. O

Postby eleanora on Sun 29 Jul, 2007 11:22 pm

Hi Jez and Veronica O. I think everyone has gone on vacation thanks for the replies, wish I was in Italy Veronica - we could maybe bump into each other, I have wanted to visit Italy since I was very young but life, family work etc has always got in the way, perhaps next year - everytime I watch A Night in Tuscany DVD I imagine myself in Italy at an outdoor performance with Andrea - well I can dream can't I LOL Eleanora
eleanora

Postby Tesora on Mon 30 Jul, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Elenora -- you really MUST plan to visit Italy (bump it up the priority list, if you can). I've been a couple of times, but I still feel this immense draw to the place and can't wait to go back again. There is something very unique about the culture there --- and it is something we just don't experience the same way here in Canada. Start working on hubby now, and maybe by next year's Teatro you'll have him sold!

Tesora

PS Where in Canada do you live that you've managed to see Andrea for several years in a row??
Tesora

Postby Brisa on Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:29 pm

Hello!
I´m not on holidays, just a lot of things to do. I´d love being on holidays on these frozen days instead of getting up earlier for going to work!hahaha
I watched several videos from youtube, many of them that i didn´t know
As you say they are beautiful!
Everybody will return, don´t be afraid they are not going to leave Andrea
Kisses
EL silencio más precioso es aquel que nos permite escuchar nuestra alma y la conversación entre dos almas, el sonido más dulce que puede romperlo
Brisa

Postby Janice on Mon 30 Jul, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm betting Eleanora travels to see Andrea! Gosh knows I certainly have. I live in Chicago and if I waited for him to come here, I would have only seen him three times. I've been fortunate enough to have seen him around 20 times over the past 8 years. It's been great! :)
Janice

Postby eleanora on Mon 30 Jul, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Tesora - Yes I am working on visiting Italy - we live in Alberta for 4 months now, previously in Ontario. Yes we travelled to see ANDREA Janice, we saw him twice in New York - Madison Square Gardens and Avery Fisher Hall and also once in Hamilton, Ontario at an Ice Skating Show. You've seen Andrea 20 times WOW - WOW! We are saving our pennies very carefully and do indeed intend visiting Italy in 2008. I thought it might be an idea to be in "the neighborhood" when Andrea turns 50 - surely there will be a street party with food and wine and dancing and birthday cake and singing - and of course ANDREA - can't fault my imagination :) Or perhaps it will be in July 2008 and we can see ANDREA in concert in Tuscany - now I'm dreaming out loud - never say never :) Thank you all for your responses - LOL - Eleanora
eleanora

Postby Veronica. O on Tue 31 Jul, 2007 1:42 am

Question......(this will probably get deleted but I'm gonna ask this anyway)...Do you think Andrea would ever marry a 16 year old when she grew older?....Because it happens to be my niece' dream to marry him. LOL...

I have a very unique family
By the way.. I know he won't but she made me ask this on the forum...
LOL
Veronica. O

Postby joonbug on Tue 31 Jul, 2007 10:31 am

Hi everyone! I must get the dvd of A Night In Tuscany. I think I am really missing something good! For my birthday, I ordered myself a bottle of Bocelli wine! I can't wait for it to arrive. I will not open it...just want to have it!
I check in on this awesome forum at least twice a day, even if I don't post everyday. I love it here! I love Andrea ! And I love reading all the posts!
Peace and tranquility...
Toni
(joonbug)
joonbug

Postby LaCavallerizza on Tue 31 Jul, 2007 1:35 pm

Tesora wrote:I've been a couple of times, but I still feel this immense draw to the place and can't wait to go back again. There is something very unique about the culture there --- and it is something we just don't experience the same way here in Canada.

Tesora, which areas in Italy did you visit when you were there?
Jenny
LaCavallerizza

Postby Tesora on Tue 31 Jul, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Jenny -- glad to see you're "home" safely.

The first time I went to Italy, I just stayed in Florence for a few days. That was a whirlwind European trip during university, so there wasn't much time to spend in each place. It was nice to see some of the countryside from the train between destinations as well.

The second time, I stayed for two weeks in Rome and took an Italian language course. I was billeted with a lovely Italian woman who lived in a fifth floor flat (no elevator) near the Vatican. I spent the mornings in class, and the afternoons wearing out my shoes wandering all over the city. I absolutely loved it.

I'd like to go back to Tuscany, and maybe rent a villa for my family sometime. I've been planting that seed with my husband and I think he's starting to warm to the idea.

What did you think of your language course in Pisa? Were there people from all over the globe in your class? Did you stay with a local family as well?

And the big question.....are you going back next year??

Kind regards,

Tesora
Tesora

Postby LaCavallerizza on Wed 01 Aug, 2007 1:27 pm

Maybe I'll try to make to Rome next time too, but I think it might be nicer to visit that city if you're travelling with someone.

I'm not sure about the shcool, I don't think itwas for me really. But then again I wasn't really in that "studying" head space while in Italy!! It was a great home base, but I ended up only spending half the time there. I was lucky in that a friend of mine, originally from northern Italy and has been living in Canada for the last 20years or so was back visiting at the same time I was there, so what was to be a weekend with her in Verona ended up being about 5 days. I learned a lot more just by hanging out with her and her Italian friends.
Verona is a very beautiful city too! And I got to see an opera at the "Arena di Verona", and I kept thinking of how wonderful it would have been to see Andrea perform there!

I did stay with a family but it ended up being more of a bed and breakfast, with many non-studends coming and going, and the "family" was never there! But it was a nice 5th floor appartment overlooking the river! In the class there were people from Germany, Poland Austria, France and Switzerland. I ended up doing many day trips with the woman from Switzerland. Of course neither of us spoke the other's language so the only way we communicated was with whatever Italian we knew - that was fun too. And for the last few days in Italy, well let's just say I found a more interesting....(and oh so much cuter!) way of practicing Italian... and didn't go back to the school!

I definitely want to go back to Italy though!
Jenny
LaCavallerizza

Postby carolina1954 on Wed 01 Aug, 2007 3:21 pm

Always better to learn a language from the locals and by just immersing yourself in it. And if you find " a cute" way of practising, so much the better 8)

Good for you Jenny !!
carolina1954

Return to Meeting Point/Treffpunkt/Incontri