Under the Desert Sky CD and DVD

Discussioni

Moderators: Renate, Management

Under the Desert Sky CD and DVD

Postby syl on Thu 07 Dec, 2006 4:42 pm

I just listened to and watched this DVD and CD combination and I am VERY disappointed. Why take that beautiful voice of his and force it into music where it can not shine? He sings the music no better or worse than countless other singers before him. My husband came into the room when Andrea was singing September Morn and said "has he reverted to a lounge lizard?"I guess that Andrea used to sing this type of music in piano bars in the past. As for the DVD, people say watching this on TV is not the same as attending a concert. I do not understand this unless it is having the excitment of the audience around but I was underwhelmed watching the DVD. It is something I was waiting to finish rather than being sorry to see it end. Is this the price of seeking fame? To appeal to the masses must one produce mediocrity? Obviously thousands of people attending the concert do not agree with me.
I am heading straight back to Cieli Di Toscana, the last CD that I liked to restore my faith (other than Pagliacci which is marvelous but a completely different genre)
syl

Postby gill mclennan on Thu 07 Dec, 2006 8:20 pm

Syl I have to agree with you. I was really disappointed as well in the choice of music and much prefer his Sogno and Cieli Di Toscana CDs. This was the music that touched our hearts in the first place.

Cheers Gill
gill mclennan

Postby kaycarley on Fri 08 Dec, 2006 12:16 pm

Thank goodness I am not the only one who feels this way about this cd and dvd. I could never have believed that I would not enjoy anything recorded by Andrea but it could almost be anyone singing and the DVD is boring. I just feel that it is a terrible waste of that glorious voice. The worst of it is that it seems to have been with us forever and is set to continue into the foreseeable future. Those who are not fans are under the impression that Amoreis a new CD. I have had a few enquiries from friends who wanted to buy me the "new" CD for Christmas.I wonder how many duplicats will be sold? I do hope someone manages to track down "I Pagliacci" for me instead!
kaycarley

Postby kbarham on Fri 08 Dec, 2006 12:25 pm

I have to disagree as I loved both the cd and dvd................but we are all different with different tastes and I'm sure Andrea knows this.
Karen
kbarham

Postby Janice on Fri 08 Dec, 2006 3:01 pm

Yes, I'm on the "disagree" side as well. Andrea has always had his two "languages", as he calls his two styles of music, and I think he's a master in both forms. :) "September Morn" was also a highlight of the concert for me and I was sad he didn't sing the entire song. I first got to hear some of these songs live at the Toronto ice show last October and I was enchanted. :) Bravo, Andrea, for AMORE (in any and all versions)! :D
Janice

Return to Andrea Bocelli