Teatro del Silenzio

Discussioni

Moderators: Renate, Management

Teatro del Silenzio

Postby Andrea Bocelli on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 5:40 pm

Cari amici,
torno a voi dopo un lungo tempo, lo so, ma come voi saprete non è stato un periodo facile: l'album "Amore" mi ha portato via non so quante energie e siamo solo agli inizi, perché un disco di canzoni senza tempo non si accontenta di qualche mese di promozione, e poi è sempre più difficile far correre le notizie, a misura che aumenta il numero delle fonti di informazione. Negli ultimi quindici giorni, poi, ci si è messa anche una fastidiosisima bronchite: non ricordo di aver avuto un abbassamento di voce di questa portata in tutta la mia carriera.
Mancano pochi giorni al 27 di luglio, data in cui si inaugurerà il "Teatro del Silenzio", un luogo magico dove la pace e la natura sono e saranno i veri protagonisti, mentre per un solo giorno all'anno la musica cercherà di intonarsi, armonizzarsi al luogo e toccherà a me, che in quei luoghi sono nato e cresciuto, dar per la prima volta voce al "Teatro del silenzio"
Sarà una grande emozione, anche perché il concerto sarà dedicato ad un grande assente: il grande assente è, naturalmente mio padre, ma non lui soltanto, ci sono stati uomini che hanno dedicato la loro esistenza a quei luoghi, che hanno amato la terra, la gente, il sole di quelle meravigliose colline, che non hanno eguali e da cui è possibile estendere lo sguardo sino al mare, e sull'altro versante fino a Volterra: la celebre città etrusca che custodisce i più preziosi tesori di quella misteriosa civiltà.
Non ci sono più: mio padre, l'amato Amos, a cui debbo molto di quel poco che so', il dottore del paese e tante altre persone delle quali si sente ancora l'eco della voce, quando si attraversa la piazza e si supera il bar. Purtroppo però è solo un'eco sempre più lontana e un senso di vaga malinconia mi prende quando penso a loro.
Mi impegnerò con tutte le mie forze per fare onore alla mia terra, perché un vasto numero di voi possa visitala, conoscerla ed amarla un po'. Sarà una grande emozione per me sentire lingue straniere nel mio piccolo paese, per questa ragione spero che siate là in tanti, perché siate in tanti a pronunziare in giro per il mondo il nome di Lajatico: il paesino da cui sono partito un giorno ed al quale ora faccio ritorno, col carico di tutto il vostro affetto, la vostra stima, la vostra gratitudine, i vostri incoraggiameti.
Grazie anche per i messaggi che mi inviate attraverso questo sito, che puntualmnte leggo anche se solo di rado riesco a rispondere. Sappiate che vi sento vicini e che grazie a questo sito, mi pare ogni giorno di più di avere una immensa famiglia, che comunica con me e mi sostiene nei momenti pù difficili.
grazie ancora,
Andrea

Dear Friends
I rejoin you after a long time, I know, but as you are aware it has not been an easy time: my album "Amore" has taken up a lot of my energy and it is still early days, because a recording of timeless songs requires more than just a few months of promotional effort, and then it becomes increasingly difficult to pass on news as the number of sources of information increase. Then, in the last two weeks I have had to contend with a really nasty bronchitis: I don't recall ever before in my career having suffered such a serious problem affecting my voice.
There are only a few days to go before the 27th July, the inauguration of the "Teatro del Silenzio", a magical place where nature and tranquillity are and will remain the true protagonists, while for a single day each year music will try to tune in and blend with the harmony of the place and it will be up to me, who was born and grew up in these places,
to be the first to sing there so giving a voice to the "Theatre of Silence".
It will be a very moving experience, especially as the concert will be dedicated to a very important but absent person: this person, of course, is my father, but not only him, because there have been men who have dedicated their lives to these places and who have loved the land, the people, the sun shining on those wonderful hills, which are unparalleled in their beauty and from where one can look out as far as the sea, and in the other direction as far as Volterra: the celebrated Etruscan city, custodian of the most precious treasures of that mysterious civilization.
They are no longer with us: my father, dear Amos, to whom I owe so much of what little I know, the village doctor and so many others, the echo of whose voices one can still hear when crossing the square and going past the bar. But unfortunately it is only an increasingly distant echo and a vague sense of melancholy invades me when I think of them.
I will do everything possible to honour my land, so that a huge number of you will be able to visit it, know it and love it a little. It will be extremely moving for me to hear foreign languages spoken in my small village and for this reason I hope that there will be many of you there so that many people around the world will pronounce the name of Lajatico: the little village which I left one day and to which I return now, with all your affection, your esteem, your gratitude and your encouragement.
Many thanks also for the messages which you send me through this web site which I read regularly even if I only manage to reply infrequently. Please know that I feel you close to me and, thanks to this site, every day I feel as though I have a huge family which keeps in touch with me and supports me in my most difficult moments.
Thank you again,
Andrea
Andrea Bocelli

Postby westsiderny on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 5:49 pm

Thanks to you, Andrea! You mean so much to us!
We love you!
Happy to have you back! Image

Somewhere over the rainbow
skies are blue
and the dreams
that you dare to dream
really do come true.

~ Wizard of Oz
Last edited by westsiderny on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Canto alla vita alla sua bellezza ad ogni sua ferita ogni sua carezza..."

"I sing to life, to its beauty, to each of its wounds and each of its caresses..."
westsiderny

relieved

Postby Carole on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 6:14 pm

I was there in Ireland, having travelled from the U.S. to attend your concert in Kilkenny, when I heard the upsetting news that you were ill.
While I was disappointed because I couldn't return for the rescheduled concert, I'm so happy you're well enough now, and will be appearing this weekend. I know you're eagerly anticipating the Lajatico concert, and know it will be a resounding success! My best to you and your family, and I will be looking forward greatly to your Avery Fisher appearances, as I will be attending all of them! Be well!!!
Ciao, Carole
Carole

Postby kbarham on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 6:42 pm

Andrea thank you for thinking of us. We love to hear from you. Enjoy the concert in Lajatico. I know it will be a huge success............
Karen
kbarham

Postby La Donna e Mobile on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:24 pm

Andrea---what a lovely message---so good to hear from you again. I hope you are feeling much better. I wish you good luck next week with the Teatro del Silenzio. How I envy your fans who will hear you sing there for the first time in that very special place. Unfortunately, I can not be among them, but I eagerly await your performances in New York in September.

Congratulations on the success of "Amore". I have been listening almost every day since it's release. I love those songs! My favorite keeps changing---right now it's Mi Manchi, which I was thrilled to hear you sing live in June in Atlantic City. But I have to tell you, the finale of that show----Nessum Dorma---nearly put me over the edge. :D Beyond beautiful!

Also, congratulations to Italy for winning the World Cup!! :c33:
"To sing, to sing, to sing......." (Andrea revealing his future plans to Classicfm)
La Donna e Mobile

Postby carolyn on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 7:38 pm

We all wish we would be there for the inaugural evening ----and evening of pure Andrea singing in the hills of his beloved countryside. It is coming together at last and surely there will be so many people from all over the world who will be there to join you on this auspicious beginning. Perhaps RAI will air the program in the future. We can certainly hope it.

Congratulations on the realization of one more of your dreams. Our friends will surely share with us who cannot be there in person.

You had us a bit worried with your pesky throat infection---so glad it is finally cleared up. Would not want you to miss the opening of the Teatro del Silenzio. Hip hip Hooray Andrea.....from all your fans.

carolyn
"What needs to be understood is the gift of singing IS the gift. It's not having the gift of being able to sing, but SINGING that is the gift.---Andrea Bocelli
carolyn

Postby Francesca on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 8:09 pm

Traduction française :

Chers amis,

Je reviens vers vous après un long moment, je le sais, mais comme vous le savez cela n'a pas été une période facile : l'album "Amore" m'a pris je ne sais combien d'énergie et nous sommes seulement au début, parce qu'un disque de chansons intemporelles ne se contente pas de quelques mois de promotion, et puis il est toujours plus difficile de faire passer les nouvelles, à mesure qu'augmente le nombre des sources d'information. Ces quinze derniers jours, ensuite, j'ai dû affronter une très ennuyeuse bronchite : je ne me souviens pas d'avoir eu une baisse de voix de cette portée dans toute ma carrière.

Il reste peu de jours jusqu'au 27 juillet, date à laquelle on inaugurera le "Teatro del Silenzio", un lieu magique où la paix et la nature sont et seront les vrais protagonistes, tandis que, un seul jour par an, la musique cherchera à s'accorder, à s'harmoniser avec le lieu et ce sera à moi, qui suis né et ai grandi en ces lieux, de donner la voix pour la première fois au "Teatro del Silenzio".

Ce sera une grande émotion, également parce que le concert sera dédié à un grand absent : le grand absent est naturellement mon père, mais pas seulement lui, il y a des hommes qui ont dédié leur existence à ces lieux, qui ont aimé la terre, les gens, le soleil de ces merveilleuses collines qui n'ont d'égal, et d'où il est possible d'étendre le regard jusqu'à la mer, et de l'autre versant jusqu'à Volterra, la célèbre cité étrusque qui garde les plus précieux trésors de cette mystérieuse civilisation.

Ils ne sont plus : mon père, l'aimé Amos, à qui je dois beaucoup du peu que je sais, le docteur du pays et beaucoup d'autres personnes dont on entend encore l'écho de la voix quand on traverse la place et qu'on dépasse le bar. Malheureusement cependant c'est seulement un écho toujours plus lointain et un sens de vague mélancolie me prend quand je pense à eux.

Je m'engagerai de toutes mes forces pour faire honneur à ma terre, pour qu'un grand nombre d'entre vous puisse la visiter, la connaître et l'aimer un peu. Ce sera une grande émotion pour moi d'entendre des langues étrangères dans mon petit village, pour cette raison j'espère que vous serez là nombreux, parce que vous êtes nombreux à prononcer autour du monde le nom de Lajatico : le petit pays dont je suis parti un jour et où maintenant je reviens, avec en charge toute votre affection, votre estime, votre gratitude, et vos encouragements.

Merci aussi pour les messages que vous m'envoyez à travers ce site, que je lis ponctuellement même si je réussis rarement à répondre. Sachez que je vous sens proches et que grâce à ce site, il me semble, chaque jour plus, avoir une immense famille qui communique avec moi et me soutient dans les moments les plus difficiles.
Merci encore,
Andrea
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Francesca on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 8:16 pm

Andrea sono felice di ritrovarti in piena forma. Sono sicura che il tuo concerto di Lajatico sarà un grandissimo successo.

Se sentirai una lingua straniera vicina, il francese, non sarà me (ahimé), ma cari amici :) :wink:

In bocca al lupo!
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby Ria Rook on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 8:56 pm

Dear Andrea,

It is great to hear from you and to know that you are feeling better. I read your message with pleasure and love. Thank you for sharing your feelings. Your words make it easy to imagine how wonderful Lajatico really is. A couple of months ago I moved into a little village within nature surrounded by all those wonderful scents and sounds also. I know how special it is to live within such a small community surrounded by such friendly and special people. Yes we are close to you and we support you not only in your difficult but also in your happy moments. I and all of your fans will think of you at July 27th while you give your wonderful voice to the "Theatre of Silence".

We love you,
Ria
Ria Rook

Postby Brittany Bowman on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 9:24 pm

Hello everyone. I am a new member to this site and as my first post I would just like to say that I am very excited to be a part of such a great group of people who are all united for the same reason, which is the love of music and such a wonderful musician. I really am excited about communicating with you all about Andrea Bocelli and related topics.

To Andrea, I would just like to say thank you for the gift of your music which has truly brought joy to my life, and I am truly thankful to God that you are feeling better. You are such an inspiration to me because of your passion for your music and life and also for your determination to never allow anything to discourage you from sharing your God-given talent. Truly amazing. God Bless you and yours.

To the fellow fans around the world, I look forward to communicating with you in the future.
Brittany Bowman

Postby patriciabutler on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 9:32 pm

Dear Andrea ,How very kind to sit and write us such a lovely letter. I am relieved to hear you are now feeling better after your illness. I wish I could be one of those lucky people visiting Lajatico next week - maybe next year. Whiole I am grateful for your wonderful music i do not envy you the life it has created for you - once on a roundabout it can be very difficult to get off and i hope very much that this recent illness didn't come about because you are over tired.

how wonderful to be dedicating next weeks activities to your father, having now read you book I think you were truly blessed with your father = rememder all the good and happy times and try not to be sad.
I hope you will forgive my impertinence but when lost my father this poem helped me very much please let me share it with you

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play,smile ,think of me,pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you. for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well. Henry Scott Holland Canon os St Pauls Cathedral

'Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was'
Hebrew Proverb.
My very best wishes to you and your family, success next week and take care of yourself. I will look forward to seeing you in Birmingham England
patriciabutler

Postby CK on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 9:46 pm

Dear Andrea,

It is so good to hear from you and know you are back in good health!! I send you best wishes for the big event of Teatro del Silenzio next week. I'd love to be there, but will be there in spirit and can't wait to hear how beautiful it turns out to be! I just saw you in Mansfield and look forward to the Avery Fisher concert in September. We love to hear from you, so thanks very much for your very heart-felt words.

- Cathy in Dallas
CK

Postby Renate on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:05 pm

deutsche Übersetzung:

Liebe Freunde,
hier bin ich wieder bei euch nach langer Zeit, ich weiß, aber wie ihr wissen werdet, war es keine einfache Zeit: das Album "Amore" hat mir ich weiß nicht wie viel Energie geraubt und wir sind erst am Anfang, denn eine Platte mit zeitlosen Liedern ist nicht mit ein paar Monaten Promotion abzuhandeln, und dazu wird es immer schwerer diese Neuigkeit bekannt zu machen in Anbetracht dessen, dass es immer mehr Informationsquellen gibt. Dann ist in den letzten 14 Tagen noch eine ausgesprochen lästige Bronchitis dazu gekommen: Ich kann mich nicht erinnern, wann ich jemals während meiner gesamten Karriere eine Senkung der Stimme in diesem Ausmaß gehabt habe.
Es sind nur noch wenige Tage bis zum 27. Juli, dem Tag, an dem das "Teatro del Silenzio" eingeweiht werden soll, ein magischer Ort wo Frieden und Natur herrschen und die wahren Hauptpersonen sein werden, während an nur einem Tag im Jahr Musik erklingen will um sich mit dem Ort zu harmonisieren und es ist meine Aufgabe, der ich an diesem Ort geboren und aufgewachsen bin, dem "Teatro del Silenzio" eine Stimme zu geben.

Es wird sehr bewegend sein, auch weil das Konzert einem großartigen Menschen gewidmet sein wird, der nicht mehr bei uns ist: dieser nicht Anwesende ist natürlich mein Vater, aber nicht nur er, es gab Menschen, die ihr Leben diesen Orten gewidmet haben, die das Land geliebt haben, die Leute, die Sonne und diese wunderbaren Hügel, die ohne Gleichen sind und von denen man den Blick bis zum Meer richten kann und zur anderen Richtung bis hin nach Volterra: der berühmten etruskischen Stadt, die die wertvollsten Schätze dieser geheimnisvollen Zivilisation bewahrt.

Sie sind nicht mehr da: mein Vater, der geliebte Amos, dem ich viel von dem wenigen das ich weiss verdanke, der Arzt des Dorfes und viele andere, von deren Stimmen man noch das Echo hört, wenn man den Platz überquert und an der Bar vorbei geht. Leider ist es nur ein immer ferneres Echo und eine leichte Melancholie ergreift mich, wenn ich an sie denke.

Ich werde mein Bestes geben um meinem Land zur Ehre zu gereichen, denn eine riesige Anzahl von Euch werden kommen um es zu besuchen, kennen- und ein wenig lieben zu lernen. Es wird eine großes Gefühl für mich sein, in meinem kleinen Dorf fremde Sprachen zu hören, daher hoffe ich dass viele von euch da sein werden, dass ihr viele sein werdet um den Namen Lajaticos in die Welt hinaus zu tragen, dem Dorf, aus dem ich eines Tages losgezogen bin und zu dem ich jetzt zurück kehre, überhäuft mit all eurer Zuneigung, Eurer Achtung, Eurem Dank und Eurer Ermutigung.

Vielen Dank auch für die Nachrichten, die ihr mir über diese Seite zukommen lasst, die ich regelmäßig lese, auch wenn ich nur selten dazu komme, sie zu beantworten. Ihr sollt wissen, dass ich euch in meiner Nähe spüre, und dass es mir dank dieser Seite jeden Tag ein bisschen mehr so vor kommt, als ob ich eine riesige Familie habe, die mit mir kommuniziert und mich in den schwersten Momenten unterstützt.
nochmals vielen Dank,
Andrea
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby jed on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:11 pm

Andrea, thanks for the message. Glad to hear that you are feeling much better and ready for yet another new adventure. Although I won't be able to join you at your Teatro del Silenzio concert, I will be there in spirit.

What a wonderful way to remember your loved ones and to honor them and your beautiful Tuscany at the same time. I'm sure the concert and the Teatro itself will be well received.

Your Atlantic City concert was the best I've been to and your "Nessun
Dorma" was a wonderful gift that evening. Looking forward to seeing two performances at the Fisher Avery Hall in September.

Take care and enjoy yourself!

Keeping you and yours in my prayers,
jed

Postby Fipi on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:21 pm

Dear Andrea,
How lovely to hear from you again and to know you are feeling better.Thank you for taking some of your precious time to get in touch with us.
Having lived in the countryside all my life I know just how much it means to you , and oh how I wish I could be in Lajatico next week to hear you singing. Instead I shall just have to be patient until October when you come to Wembley again.

Fipi
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Janice on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:34 pm

Andrea, it is wonderful to hear from you again and know that you are well at last. :) AMORE has kept you busy, of course, but it has truly been a gift to the world so it was time well spent. :D Many, many more people now know your voice and LOVE it :) and will be fans forever, like those of us who visit here everyday. Many more of us WISH we could be with you in Lajatico next week than will actually be able to make it there in person. We will all be there in spirit for sure! :) I got a chance to visit Lajatico two summers ago for my first time ever to Italy and it was indeed a magical place. The beauty of Tuscany all around has never left my mind. I go there in my thoughts in the "difficult moments' and find myself smiling and peaceful in no time! :D You have without a doubt done your land proud. Best of luck to you in Ireland this weekend and at the Teatro next week! :)
Janice

Postby Tina on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:36 pm

Dear Andrea, i am pleased that you are feeling better, and that your nasty throat infection will not interfere with Lajatico. How i wish i could be there! I love Lajatico, especially that little cafe up the hill!
It will be a moment of history, 27th July!
Take care, and keep well, buona fortuna con la teatro de silenzio!
Tina x
La tua voce e' come un dolce dolore nel mio cuore, non c'e nessuno migliore di te!
Tina

Teatro del Silenzio and Thank You

Postby SarahUS on Wed 19 Jul, 2006 10:39 pm

Dear Andrea,

Thank you so much for your lovely note to us all. It's always wonderful to hear from you through your forum. I have been very concerned about your throat and voice, and I'm so happy that you are feeling better. You will be in my mind and my heart as you sing for the first time at Teatro del Silenzio, wishing I could be there too as you honor your home, your father, Amos, and the others of your community and heart who have passed on. Perhaps in a few years many of us can be there with you in person; perhaps when you celebrate the BIG birthday that will come in a few years.

Lajatico is one of the places I hope to visit in the future, and I can't think of a better time than the only evening of the year that the Teatro del Silenzio comes alive with your voice. I'm saving my pennies in anticipation of a trip. :lol: I will see you at Avery Fisher Hall in NYC this coming September, and I can hardly wait.

I know you're aware that you are loved by your many fans. I hope you know how very many of us hold you and those you love in our hearts every day of our lives; listen to your music every day of our lives; wake up with you in our hearts, hoping that you are well, and that your day will be wonderful and full of the love that you share with us through your music. The world needs you, Andrea. Thank you for being you.

Love,

Sarah
Norfolk, Virginia
SarahUS

Postby Meri on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:41 am

Grazie cosí molto, Andrea, per il suo messaggio. Per tutti i messaggi! Sono cosí preziosi a noi, da qualcuno, lei, che fa i nostri giorni un poco più luminoso.
Sono spiacente per sentire della sua malattia, ma sono felice di sapere che lei sente meglio adesso.
Desidero che potrei essere lí per l'apertura del teatro, ma io, come molto, sarà lí nello spirito.
Spero che lei ha un tempo meraviglioso lí con la sua famiglia, i suoi amici, i suoi bambini, e Veronica.
In bocca al lupo!
be excellent to each other
Meri

Postby jlew1949 on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 4:53 am

[font=Comic Sans MS]Dear Andrea:
Thank You for taking the time to write your beautiful message to us. I am glad to hear you are feel better. Best Wishes for the your concert at Teatro Del Silenzio next week. I know it will be a big success. Its with regrets that I cannot be there with everyone, to celebrate those people who that are no longer with us and those that remain near and dear to us. And what great joy it will be for everyone to hear you sing in your hometown, in the land of your birth.

Best Regards,

Jane
[/font]
Life is not measured by the number of breaths
we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away -ANONYMOUS
jlew1949

Postby sam on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 11:06 am

Grazie Andrea di averci pensato e di aver preso un po' di tempo per scriverci questo bel messaggio!
Sono felice di sentire che stai meglio adesso!
Auguri e tanti affetti dall'Australia!
In bocca al lupo!
sam

back to Italy

Postby Camille Costanzo on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 1:16 pm

Andrea....so happy you are feeling well again..
I was in Bella Italia for the Centinnial in 2000 and will be going back for your opera in Sicily in 2007....I am counting the days!!

cordialmente

Camille

ps...will be at your Avery Fisher hall debut
Camille Costanzo

Postby Baroque1685 on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 2:01 pm

Andrea,
We are so happy to know that you are feeling well again!!! And thankful that you took up some of what little time you have to write us such a beautiful letter. May God bless you and yours!
Baroque
~Soli Deo Gloria~ "All music...should have no other end and aim than the glory of God and the recreation of the soul; where this is not kept in mind, there is no true music, but only infernal clamour and ranting."~Johann Sebastian Bach
Baroque1685

Postby gill mclennan on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 3:33 pm

Many thanks for your kind message. I would like to wish you every success with the Teatro del Silenzio - it's a wonderful idea and I'm sure people from all over the world will come to enjoy it. I will be at the Puccini Operas at Torre del Lago on 28th and 29th July - if only I had known earlier about your concert, I would certainly have been there with you. Hopefully next year! Good Luck Gill in England
gill mclennan

Postby Anne on Thu 20 Jul, 2006 8:56 pm

Dear Andrea,

than you very much for your kind message.
I am very glad, that you feel better now.

Lajatico really is a magical, very special place, a wonderful country-side, which you only can find in Tuscany. I have visited it three years ago before your concert in Siena, also the place you have lived, La Sterza, and the impressive Volterra. I remember very often my holidays in your native land.

I wish you all the best for your concert at the "Teatro del Silenzio", unfortunately I cannot be there. Maybe the next time....

Anne
Anne

Next

Return to Andrea Bocelli