Teatro del Silenzio

Discussioni

Moderators: Renate, Management

Hee, Thanks!

Postby KingsvilleTenor on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 6:21 pm

marti wrote:Hi Chris, welcome to Andrea Bocelli's web site! :)
I'm very happy to know that you are a tenor, because I'm a soprano and I study in a school of my town like you!! I started to study with my teacher just two years ago...
I hope to find many of your post!
bye, marti

Marti,

Yay for high voices! And you're a Taurus too! I hope you're involved with Musical Theatre and Opera? If not, try out - the experiences can be very rewarding.

And yes, expect to see many more of my posts. =D
~Chris L.
KingsvilleTenor

Postby marti on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 7:26 pm

Yes, of course, I sing arias from operas, sacred arias and songs from musical, but not pop music..... I've always loved sing and music, but I knew the "belcanto" a few years ago, listening Andrea's album, and since that moment I loved it and I dreamt to study this beautiful art. :P
Ps I'm sorry if there are some mistakes in my post, but english isn't my mother language :wink:
marti
"Ognuno di noi ha un paio di ali, ma solo chi sogna impara a volare"
marti

Postby KingsvilleTenor on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 7:31 pm

Good, good. But have you performed in the operas and/or musicals? hehe

Ahh, don't worry about mistakes - even I make them, and I'm about as fluent in English...eh, it's my mother language. =D I do agree, though - music is...the way to the soul. That's why I'm becoming a music director. Bring this artform to more young students, and inspire them to do the same. I love it.

~Chris
KingsvilleTenor

Postby marti on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 7:58 pm

Not yet, but I performed opera's arias in publics concerts: for example I performed the most important arias of Cherubino, the Marrige of Figaro, during a concert to commemorate the 250th year of Mazart's birth.
I performed also sacred arias as Ave Maria by Scuberth, Panis Angelicus, Ave Maria by Caccini and others (many of these song are in Andrea's album, Sacred arias); I sang Cristhmas songs like Cantique de Noel: I love very much this song but it's very difficult!!
What songs have you performed? :D :sunny:
marti

Postby KingsvilleTenor on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 8:12 pm

Oooooh, that's awesome!

Let's see...operatic arias: Amarilli, mia bella by Caccini, I Attempt, from Love's Sickness by Purcell, O del mio dolce ardor by Gluck, Alma del core by Caldara, Das Rosenband by Schubert. Some fun songs including A Fine Line by Barab. And Parodies: I'll Never go to Macy's by Barab (it's a parody of the Hallelujah Chorus). I performed in Gianni Schicchi (Gherardo) by Puccini and Into the Woods (Jack) by Sondheim.

And that's just in 2 years of Voice training. =P

Do you plan on performing the Queen of the Night aria? That is suuuuch an awesome piece. =D

~Chris
KingsvilleTenor

Postby marti on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 8:20 pm

Congratulations for your performances! I know quite well these composers... for the Queen of the Night aria, no, it's impossible for me!!! :flower:
marti

Postby KingsvilleTenor on Sat 12 Aug, 2006 8:31 pm

*Pouts.* Oh, so you're not a Coloratura Soprano...boo. Oh well - you still get some fun stuffs later on. =D Oh, try out O mio Babino Caro veeery pretty if you haven't heard it. =D

~Chris
KingsvilleTenor

Postby Maggis on Mon 28 Aug, 2006 11:51 am

Ciao Andrea,

Glad to here you are better. Hopefully those great people who run this site will let us know the date for next years Theatro Silenzio opening in plenty of time and your wish for more of us to see your homeland will be true. It looked fantastic and along with at least 12 family from Scotland and around we will be there next year!! Take Care of your voice until then.

Love
Maggie
One gets closer to truth when expecting nothing other than to be closer to it tomorrow than today and to profoundly yearn for this.
Maggis

Teatro del silenzio...what a beauty

Postby MALOU on Tue 29 Aug, 2006 3:12 pm

I jsut came back from visiting my famly in the south of France and also spent a week in Tuscany. I rented a little house in the middle of the olive trees in a village called Chianni.
I remember enjoying a coffee early morning, sitting outside “under the Tuscany sky “.
While driving around I came upon Lajatico and of course the Teatro del silenzio…It was a few days before the concert last Sunday. I was moved by the scenery, a huge field, almost deserted and in the middle a blue mask standing there surrounded by water, staring at me. Nobody was there; I got out of my car and walked to the mask, thinking” in a few days he will be singing here”. I was not sad I will be missing the concert, I saw Andrea in concert many times in the USA and now it was time for his people to enjoy him completely and I would have felt like an intruder.

I had a wonderful time playing BOCCE with the locals, dancing at the piazza and stuffing myself with pasta…I gained 7 pounds :(
MALOU

Postby carolyn on Tue 29 Aug, 2006 3:32 pm

What a lovely memory. I am happy reading it but glad I only imagined the pasta so I didnt have to gain 7 pounds!!!! ;-))
"What needs to be understood is the gift of singing IS the gift. It's not having the gift of being able to sing, but SINGING that is the gift.---Andrea Bocelli
carolyn

Postby rmontalto on Fri 01 Sep, 2006 1:58 pm

Andrea,
I hope this finds you well and the countryside you call home has given you rest and tranquility.
I could only imagine your performance when your voice brought heaven and earth together. What a moment that must have been. You can truly know in your heart and soul that your father was smiling on you and he so very proud to call you his son.
I look forward to the moment I can once again hear you in concert. You are an inspiration to all.
Fondly,
Rebecca Montalto
rmontalto

Postby Bill and Connie on Wed 27 Sep, 2006 4:16 am

It is so wonderful to hear that you are well as it means so much to us. You need to take care of yourself because we want to enjoy your voice for many years. You are a beautiful light in a world that gets caught up in so much darkness.
Bill and Connie

Postby Maggieg on Wed 01 Nov, 2006 5:55 pm

Anybody know if the date for next year has been announced yet??
Maggieg

Postby Amélia Correia on Wed 13 Dec, 2006 1:37 pm

Hello Mr Andrea i hope that you feel all right. I read what you write to us and i hope someday i can go to your birthland and meet that, it´s very far away from my land which is in Portugal (Lisbon) but i am going to do a travel to the Europe. I hope your problems of health will be solved so that you can give us in the concerts the pleasure of your voice.
I hope that you spend a very nice christmans with the ones that you love.
Thank you very much.

Regards from Amélia Correia
Amélia Correia

Postby Sheila Pike on Tue 19 Dec, 2006 2:02 am

Merry Christmas Andrea and to your family too.

My Husband and I recently came back from 1 month in Italy. We stayed in Tuscany and we just loved it! What a beautiful area. We also VISITED La Jatico. When we reached the town square, we saw a large banner with your picture on it. Posters were up advertising your concert "Theatre of Silence". It was raining that day but I will never forget it. We drove around your beautiful town and came upon the area where the concert was done, the round stage and the large blue face/bust . My husband took many pictures and when we returned home he put in into a beautiful DVD together of our trip. How I hope we may see this concert that was done in your hometown. Maybe in the furture, a DVD or on PBS. Can you shed any more information about "Theatre of Silence"?

I must say you are a jewel in this world...a precious jewel with a voice that goes deep into our hearts. Thank you for sharing that voice with us. After reading your book "The Music of Silence" I also realize you are a wonderful caring person. We do hope one day to return to Tuscany and La Jatico.

Sheila Pike
Sheila Pike

Postby Renate on Tue 19 Dec, 2006 11:47 am

Sheila Pike wrote:. .. Can you shed any more information about "Theatre of Silence"?

I...

You'll find a lot of information about this concert at

Bocelli.de

and also of course at the official site of the

Teatro del Silenzio
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Sheila Pike on Tue 19 Dec, 2006 5:58 pm

Thank you so much for that information. Now that we have been there we can relate.

Sheila Pike
Sheila Pike

Postby Dinandrea on Wed 07 Mar, 2007 7:23 pm

Amore is the best music i've ever heard in my whole life, Andrea "can I call u just Andrea" 'coz u made us close enough from you by your heavenly voice, you have such a beautiful, warm, remarkable, romantic and unforgetable voice.
Actually I'm an Egyption girl, I adored the Italian language. I love ITALY so much, Andrea, you have increased my passion for this lovely country. I wish you all the best in life and the health as well.

What can I say, I'm speechles, I have just listened to "Besame` mucho", "jurame", "can't help falling in love with you" .
they are very touching, the whole album is magnificent.

Thank you Andrea, I love you...

With love
Dina
Last edited by Dinandrea on Mon 26 Mar, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dinandrea

Postby Patrice Adams on Mon 19 Mar, 2007 3:06 am

Dear Andrea, you know by now how richly you have blessed our lives, I wept at "A MIO Padre." And "L'INCONTRO"I have never experienced a loving family, nor so many others as well, until you shared your greatest gift from GOD, your extraordionary loving parents. They are admired and loved by your fans and always in our prayers. In their legacy of love to you, now as padre and madre will forever bless your family as well. God Bless you, Always with love a grateful fan
Please keep in touch with the hearts you have opened even briefly
Patrice Adams

Postby emir on Mon 13 Aug, 2007 5:32 pm

Thanks alot for the information, I hope we will soon know the release date of this DVD regards
:did sarah sang canto della terra with him :)
emir

Postby Anewje on Wed 31 Oct, 2007 2:53 pm

Ti ho visto a Lajatico...
solo due parole:
grazie di esistere di esserci
per tutto cio che dai con la tua musica e come persona..

Sei un grande..Andrea..
anewje
Guarda fuori e` gia` mattina
questo e` un giorno che ricorderai
alzati in fretta e vai
Ce` chi crede in te
Non ti arrendere
We were born tho shine..
Anewje

Postby Anewje on Wed 31 Oct, 2007 6:43 pm

luglio 2007
alscoltando le canzoni di qst CD
ho riprovato le stesse emozioni
di quella serata. indimenticabile
spero di rivederti il prossimo anno
a lajatico..

I adore you Andrea =D>
Guarda fuori e` gia` mattina
questo e` un giorno che ricorderai
alzati in fretta e vai
Ce` chi crede in te
Non ti arrendere
We were born tho shine..
Anewje

Postby nana1954 on Tue 06 Nov, 2007 3:02 pm

I also am new here. I have severe fibromyalgia and bipolar disoder. Andrea's music is very soothing. It touches a deep place and "soothes the savage beast" as it were. Even tho I never may meet him, I know that his heart has room for all of those who love not only his music but also the man of integrity that he is. =D>
nana1954

Previous

Return to Andrea Bocelli