Desert Island Poll

Discussioni

Moderators: Renate, Management

which Bocelli CD would you choose to bring to this desert island?

Tosca
No votes
Aria
21%
Cieli di Toscana
25%
Sacred Arias
8%
Sentimento
7%
Romanza
1%
La Bohème
12%
Il mare calmo della sera
1%
Verdi
No votes
Viaggio italiano
8%
Viaggio italiano
8%
Sogno
3%

Total votes : 56

Desert Island Poll

Postby Renate on Tue 30 Mar, 2004 9:37 pm

I am very impressed by that poll which Ballanti started with Francesca's interesting question.
As I always wanted to find out how it functions I thought, Mickie's old desert island topic is just the right thing to test it.
I list all the CD's which had been named there and you have to add your votes again if you like. I am curious what will come out of it.

Mickie wrote:OK, it's a little quiet these days, I'm a little bored, and so here's a variation on a theme that's been around for a long time:

You've been shipwrecked on a very remote desert island. Fortunately you've managed to salvage a case of Bocelli wine and ONE Bocelli CD in the confusion. One of your fellow castaways, a very clever fellow (perhaps the Professor's grandson :wink: ) has managed to put together a generator and a CD player. So the question is this: which Bocelli CD would you choose to bring to this desert island? Remember, your chances of being rescued are highly unlikely, so you're going to be listening to it for the rest of your life, probably, or best case scenario for a long, loooong time. No cheating...you can't bring a custom-made mix. It has to be a commmerically made CD. After some thought, my choice would be "Viaggio Italiano." It has a little of everything, all beautiful.

Mickie
Last edited by Renate on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renate, http://www.bocelli.de
andreabocelli.org forum moderator
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Yvonne on Tue 30 Mar, 2004 10:54 pm

To answer a question on the other poll, YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE, on each poll, then it locks you out, so choose wisely first time! [-( :)
"To the world you might be one person, But to one person you just might be the world!!"
Yvonne

Postby Debby on Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:29 pm

"Aria" for me...hands down!
Debby

R: Desert Island Poll

Postby Kenzu on Tue 30 Mar, 2004 11:33 pm

La Boheme´s my choice. Thought first Tosca but then I´ve heard so much of it that I have to buy a new one to replace the old one :wink:
"Haec habui, quae dixi"
Kenzu

Postby Lin on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 12:30 am

O uomo!!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions! CDT was my first intro to La Voce – DVD first immediately followed by the CD so that is very dear to me, then Sogno, which I nearly wore out. Then with Sentimento I have many sentimental memories. There are others that I love as well but these three have added emotional attachments. But then La Boheme is very good too!! :roll: I figured it out for myself that you can indeed only vote once – I was going to try to vote a second time on the Sogno poll but after you vote, it won’t even give you that option anymore. They know us all too well! :rid: I will have to think a little more before I cast my vote. Renate, I think you should have added one more choice at the end of the list that says: All of the above!!! That would be the winner for sure! :lol: :lol:
La vita è un ballo. ..L’amore è la musica...
Lin

Postby Annalisa on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 3:51 am

My vote had to go to Cieli di Toscana as a sentimental favorite. It's the music that I kept noticing that afternoon in the bookstore until I finally had to go to the music department to find out who and what I was hearing so I could buy the CD. I remember the surprised look on the clerk's face when I picked up the CD from the display on the counter and asked if that was the one that was currently playing. As soon as he said, "Yes," I replied, "Then that's the one I want." :thumright:

That being said, I agree that "All of the above" should have been a choice. I have all of them packed to go to Italy with me tomorrow. Can't travel without them. \:D/
Annalisa
"The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of." Pascal
Annalisa

Postby DueBaci on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 4:00 am

... Cieli di Toscana...

.... I have many songs that I cannot live without. Preghiera solomente in italiano... but, Quest for Camelot/The Magic Sword was not a choice here.

... I cannot live without "Someone like you" sung in English... so I choose the italian version of Cieli di Toscana...
DueBaci

Postby Lin on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 4:04 am

You lucky lucky lady, Annalisa - Buon viaggio!! We all envy you. Be sure to give us a report on your return. :D

I guess that since Cieli di Toscana was how it all began for me, that will have to be my vote too. :D :D
Lin

Postby Francesca on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:02 am

Sempre cosi difficile !! li voglio tutti :cry:
Voto per Cieli di Toscana, versione italiana per sentire Andrea dire "l'incontro"
Ove non sei la luce manca
Francesca

Postby DueBaci on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:35 am

Francesca.. anch'io ...io desidero tutto ! ( there is a song from a musical called *Baby* ... and the title of the song is " I want it all ")

Annalisa ! Buon viaggio ! Safe travel ! ... don't spend your
$200.00 all in one place !! :)
Last edited by DueBaci on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DueBaci

Postby jo on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 2:07 pm

Dove Sogno?

I had to vote for a second-best... :cry: but then, a second-best by Bocelli is still the best. :D
jo

Re: R: Desert Island Poll

Postby Renate on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 2:27 pm

jo wrote:Dove Sogno?

I had to vote for a second-best... :cry: but then, a second-best by Bocelli is still the best. :D

sorry Jo, I added it now!
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Cami McNamee on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 2:55 pm

I explained earlier, when Mickie asked her original question, why I would choose la Bohème, but to summarize: I love most to hear Andrea in the framework of an opera, the most beautiful arias in the world are in Bohème, the gorgeous tenor/baritone duet is there (O mimi tu più non torni...), we have the unique experience of hearing Andrea cry quite capably (and then we cry with him!), it is a touching and beautiful story, I could listen forever to Puccini sung by Andrea (a good thing if you are trapped on an island!!!).

Thanks for the chance to vote again Renate! However, it is very cruel to make us choose only one :wink:

Cami
Cami McNamee

Postby annie on Wed 31 Mar, 2004 4:11 pm

I've voted for La Bohème because I think it's one of Andrea' s favourite , and because it's the first entire opera I saw with him ....but this choice was really difficult to do : I love all of them !!
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux , on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur ...

Si puo' vedere chiaramente solo attraverso il cuore . L'essenziale é invisible agli occhi ...
annie

Postby milleluna on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 1:37 am

I had to go with Cieli Di Toscana, AGAIN!! When we first were chatting on Mickie's post, I thought maybe I would have to change my choice to Viaggio Italiano, then Romanza, and then maybe Sentimento! It is just too hard to pick if you had to!!! Sogno too!! CDT just hit me that hard at that time, and I can't give it up even for Viaggio Italiano. If this ever happened in real life, where I would have to choose, I'd die!
milleluna

Postby Lin on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 2:00 am

milleluna wrote: If this ever happened in real life, where I would have to choose, I'd die!

I think many of us feel the same way! :lol: So if that ship goes down, we all have to stick together and hope that each of us has been able to grab a different favorite so we won't have to live without any of them! :drunken: I love this little "drunken" smiley. He looks more dreamy to me but then it is quite easy to get drunk on "the voice" so I guess it would fit no matter which way you look at it. :lol: :lol: :drunken:
Lin

Postby milleluna on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 2:57 am

Opera (65%) is leading Pop (34%) but then again Sogno was missing.....
milleluna

Postby milleluna on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 3:01 am

Renate - will the statistics/counts update when I check this topic in the future? or are the statistics going to show what they were when I voted? Thanks.
milleluna

Postby Cielo on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 7:50 pm

:!: :!: :!: Gut, daß ich mich nicht wirklich für eine CD entscheiden muß :!: :!: :!: Das wäre UNMÖGLICH :!: :!: :!:
Da es nur ein Spiel ist, habe ich "geknobelt" und bin bei Arie Sacre gelandet :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:
Cielo

Postby Renate on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 8:08 pm

milleluna wrote:Renate - will the statistics/counts update when I check this topic in the future? or are the statistics going to show what they were when I voted? Thanks.

the statistics are changing constantly always when someone adds a new vote. You can see the number at the bottom raise. it is now 42 votes... tomorrow probably more.

And don't ask me why viaggio italiano appears twice. I simply have no idea. This is a typical case when I say: "Okay, pc's and programms wanna have their fun, too." :?
Last edited by Renate on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Renate on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 8:14 pm

Cielo wrote::!: :!: :!: Gut, daß ich mich nicht wirklich für eine CD entscheiden muß :!: :!: :!: Das wäre UNMÖGLICH :!: :!: :!:
Da es nur ein Spiel ist, habe ich "geknobelt" und bin bei Arie Sacre gelandet :drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Cielo says, it is impossible to decide for just one CD, therefore she made a random decision and ended up at Arie Sacre. I'd say a randon desicion can't be wrong, because any CD of Andrea is the real thing.

Mach dir keine Gedanken, Cielo - welche CD auch immer du von Andrea nimmst, es wird schon die Richtige sein.
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby Renate on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 8:18 pm

milleluna wrote:Opera (65%) is leading Pop (34%) but then again Sogno was missing.....

can you believe it , I first forgot Sogno and this was right the CD I would have chosen. And as noticed before, once you have voted, you can't do it again.
Well, we are all trying here, it is not a scientific poll, but just fun. Next time better.
Renate
Super Moderator

Postby milleluna on Thu 01 Apr, 2004 9:36 pm

Renate wrote:
milleluna wrote:Opera (65%) is leading Pop (34%) but then again Sogno was missing.....

can you believe it , I first forgot Sogno and this was right the CD I would have chosen.

Actually, Renate, I couldn't believe it because I did remember your selection. I thought.... "how in the world could she forget Sogno. Did I miss understand something or miss a post? That was the one she was taking to the island. That should have been the first one she thought of! That would be like me forgeting CDT! " Too too funny!!! This clears it up and was a nice bit of amuzement. Thanks.
milleluna

Postby Carolina on Fri 02 Apr, 2004 12:04 am

Definitely CDT! There's not a song on their that I don't love. I love the opera oriented cd's as well, but CDT just sends me into dreamland. And if I'm going to be stranded on an island, I'd like to spend most of my time just dreaming!!
Ciao, Carolina
Carolina

Postby Mickie on Fri 02 Apr, 2004 4:08 am

Hey, thanks Renate for putting this in poll format! I changed my mind...my original decision was to bring "Viaggio Italiano," for the diversity of the CD, but the arguments for "La Boheme" were just too persuasive, so that got my vote. But I don't see any votes for "Tosca," although I remember the first time around it got quite a few nods.

Where is everybody? C'mon, join in the fun and cast your vote! I think Andrea himself might be interested in the results!!
Mickie

Next

Return to Andrea Bocelli