BBC Concert Wednesday 14 November

Discussioni

Moderators: Renate, Management

Postby patriciabutler on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 3:16 pm

So happy that you had such a wonderful evening Lesley, a shame about the party. Looking forward now to hearing it on the radio. I have only to work out how to record it. If I listen to it via the tele, should I be able to record it to my dvd recorder? Anyone have any advice?
Yours hopefully Tricia
I have had the same problem with the memory error message, but it is ok on the second attempt, thought it was my computer, but if others have had the same message ---
patriciabutler

Postby carolina1954 on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 3:52 pm

Lesley, so pleased you had a great time, and I am looking even more forward to hearing it next Friday.

These little theatres are so wonderful, I remember my experience from the recording of "All time greatest movie songs", that was only about a 250 or 500 seater and you get really close to the stage.
Worth the licence fee to see Andrea and get Ken Bruce too !

I was having the same problems with this memory thing. Could not get into new posts, or the portal. It is still erratic now, but I can get into the portal and I had this post on email reply, so got in that way.
carolina1954

Postby gill mclennan on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 5:40 pm

Lelly, thanks for the fantastic report - I lived every minute of it with you. I can just imagine Rob running down to the front to get the best seat for you. Alex would have been trying to sit next to Veronica !!

So glad you both enjoyed it. Best wishes Gill
gill mclennan

Postby Lelly on Fri 16 Nov, 2007 10:29 pm

Alex would have been trying to sit next to Veronica

These blokes are so predictable, aren't they? Rob said something along the lines of "next time can I sit next to Veronica?".

One thing I forgot to mention was the photos. I couldn't take any because they were really strict about no photos, and being right at the front it was impossible. I did manage to take one of the empty stage when we first sat down, just to remind myself of how close I was. Wouldn't mean much to anyone else, but it certainly does to me!
Lesley
Lelly

Postby Fipi on Sat 17 Nov, 2007 12:32 am

Thanks Lelly for that lovely description of your evening, I'm glad it all worked out well for you and that you had such a good seat.
"Music is for me a need, like that of love,and it is also and above all my destiny, inescapable like death."
ANDREA BOCELLI
Fipi

Postby Southerngirl on Sat 17 Nov, 2007 1:43 am

Lelly, what a wonderful post, and how wonderful your evening with Andrea and Rob must have been. You described it so beautifully, that I almost felt like I was there.

Interesting story about Veronica - did she speak to you? I'm sure she checks out the audience reactions to AB so she can relay to him later. Just think, she may have mentioned you to him later that evening.

I'm so glad you had a good time. What a dream come true. Had you seen him in concert before?

Thanks so much for the post.
"You see clearly only through your heart. The essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Southerngirl

Previous

Return to Andrea Bocelli